Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Engineers Are So Freaking Uber in PVP

Actually our alpha would be worst than most, as you are taking into example any profession that puts on a flashpoint.. so I can always say that a Soldier has a good alpha because he can do FA, Fling, Full Auto, and then Aimed Shot, and do more because they actually have AR.
    ~Chris

Does that change the fact you have good combat abilities? See the point, -2k AR, ranged alpha, melee alpha with 1.3k AR and even a good 2.5k heal. I dont see the point how that can be bad.

Regards,
    Jannerik

And we have that really uber ar debuff that works if we dont fight back, turn off all reflect buffs, remove reflect bracers, and stay within 10 meters of our target.
    I owns...kinda

Selfbuffed I'm a lvl 80 MA dragging 10 tons of metal around Rubi-Ka
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

Originally posted by Jannerik
    Does that change the fact you have good combat abilities? See the point, -2k AR, ranged alpha, melee alpha with 1.3k AR and even a good 2.5k heal. I dont see the point how that can be bad.

Regards,
    Jannerik

-1200 AR, not that the last 200 makes a difference against anyone but Enfs. It breaks if the person its on is hit. It breaks if they hit you and you have a reflect shield on. In other words, it's great if you aren't rooted and you don't want to hit back.

1.3k AR? Whoa, jesus.. I never knew I could get that kind of AR... Not to mention AR with martial arts doesn't matter. Brawl and Dimach are still 3 per level. Yea, listen up, 3 per level.

Martial arts suck (though it's more or less the best thing we have) because it's crit dependent and crits were nerfed, and even with a 13% scope (more makes the initives too low) it does very poor damage in PvP.

A 2.5k heal that can be used every minutes. If I'm not mistaken other professions can heal a lot more than 2.5k in less than 5 minutes. Don't see what the big deal about it is.

~Chris

Re: Engineers Are So Freaking Uber in PVP

Originally posted by Svpernaut
    no, we really are. i mean, i wouldn't personally know since i haven't been to the arena in 171 levels but i imagine we rock. if you didn't know we have these really cool robots that can like hump tables and do tight-rope acts on fences and stuff... it's just like totally amazing!

funcom also gave us these things they call "evades" and they are like dark blue, but it's cool cause we have these badass shields that take up 60ncu each and we have these heals... but they are for our pets who have 53k HP, cause god knows they will need heals with that much health.

we also have all dark blue weapons skills except for that really uber "pistol" skill and it's only blue which is great. and since we are so freaking awesome we engies don't need to waste IP on silly things like snares, roots, calms, crits, heals, hots, dots, deprives and ransacks like all of those other silly classes do... god knows those are such a waste and don't help at all.

this one time my buddy met me in camelot and let me kill him in the 25% zone, he was 60 levels below me so i was definately going to own his ass... but silly him forgot to turn his reflect shield off and when i tried to hit him his reflect got me 5 times before i knew what hit me, and my nanomage ass was out cold! it's all good though because i got him down to like 98.5% health before i croaked, so i almost had him!

this other time i had a low level friend team with me and he recruited another low level dude... and i warped the guy to the arena without him knowing and tried to smoke his ass while he was still rezzing, but then this high level NT came and took the lowly level 75 out before i could, and he also tried to touch me in my private but i slapped his ass and ran like a little boy.

anyway, i'm just giving all of you gankers and whiners fair warning... if you see my engie ass in a pvp zone you best recognize fool! i'll judo chop your ass and throw a shoe at ya and i'm not even playing!
    and this one time at band camp........
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Megabio

-1200 AR, not that the last 200 makes a difference against anyone but Enfs. It breaks if the person its on is hit. It breaks if they hit you and you have a reflect shield on. In other words, it's great if you aren't rooted and you don't want to hit back.
    1st off it's -2k. not -1.2k. 2nd it gives you TIME - we all no time is important in pvp. It's not like non-nukers can harm you while blinded. In other words, it's great for opening a fight. Or just great to use when enemie fires alpha ? There are so many situations this can be usefull...

1.3k AR? Whoa, jesus.. I never knew I could get that kind of AR... Not to mention AR with martial arts doesn't matter. Brawl and Dimach are still 3 per level. Yea, listen up, 3 per level.
    Yeah you prolly have no clue because i know a few engis who have that AR...

Martial arts suck (though it's more or less the best thing we have) because it's crit dependent and crits were nerfed, and even with a 13% scope (more makes the initives too low) it does very poor damage in PvP.
    Compared with a Westling House Alpha it's more than enough to finish targets. You know any other profession that can use an alphastrike gun and then switch to MA Skill and finish the target with even more specials + base dmg and good crits ?

A 2.5k heal that can be used every minutes. If I'm not mistaken other professions can heal a lot more than 2.5k in less than 5 minutes. Don't see what the big deal about it is.
    Yeah you prolly can't use it only once in a fight. God that must suck so bad to be able to heal once for 2.5k - yeah prolly don't use and cry on the forum how gimped you are.

Ah and the reflect shield yep, it's not like it's a bad thing to use while fighting.

... And i didn't even listed your pet to attack the target, since you would cry "THEY ROOT IT".

I don't wanna say Engis are the uber pvp-profession, but they have a good chance the most professions. And as always it only counts how smart you play.

Regards
    Jannerik

im gimped yep, wanna duel?
    Tradeskill Shop

Offering all tradeskill services, armour making weapon upgrading, mantis eggs, custom towers and anything else.

Lilbob, Nobel Prize Engineer

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&n...id=154715&t=ag

-1210 ams and it sucks. The special-absorbs are good, but hardly making an engie top-notch at all. Yes pets are harder to root now, but 1 calm and its totally fubar anyway.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

omg

rofl

woot! Flame time.

1st off it's -2k. not -1.2k. 2nd it gives you TIME - we all no time is important in pvp. It's not like non-nukers can harm you while blinded. In other words, it's great for opening a fight. Or just great to use when enemie fires alpha ? There are so many situations this can be usefull...

It does not give us time. At most, 2 seconds. Most likely less because the pet and us rarely hit in unison, so we usually get 1 hit in a second. To recast it, you lose the ability to hit, even if it is insta-cast, for 1-2 hits - losing 2-4 seconds. So, to gain "time", as in, "1 second" doesn't make us uber, I'm afraid. Think as you wish though.

Yeah you prolly have no clue because i know a few engis who have that AR...

You might want to check the link in my sig - you know, being level 200 and all, I think I know what I'm talking about. With Dragon Body Armor, maxed implants, and a few other special items thrown in for kicks, I have 1180 Martial Arts. With Martial Arts Mastery, we can get up to 1230 martial arts. 70 off of your estimates, with a foriegn on. Back in the days of FFoK, we could, but, sorry, just doesn't work anymore.

Compared with a Westling House Alpha it's more than enough to finish targets. You know any other profession that can use an alphastrike gun and then switch to MA Skill and finish the target with even more specials + base dmg and good crits ?

Odd. I can survive a westing house alpha without any difficulties (Without my specials absorb shield on.) Maybe you're gimped? And I do know a few professions.. Martial Artists maybe? Agents? (Westinghouse to X-3), etc. The base damage is pitiful. 150-200 damage isn't that great, contrary to popular belief. Good crits, although, we'll never be able to crit after 14.8 or so (Whenever LLTS nerf takes place.) Halved crits, no LLTS, and what do we have? 1 in 50 chance to crit? Nurf engies! Nurf! Nurf!

By the way, in case you didn't know, brawl and dimach are three per level, and impossible to tripple implant. (Dimach takes up Shining Life implant, and also conflicts with brawling in the faded cluster, and Brawling (bright) conflicts with physical init) This means that the damage is less than exception for brawl/dimach. (Dimach does around 1100 damage, and, d'oh, can only be used every 30 minutes.)

Yeah you prolly can't use it only once in a fight. God that must suck so bad to be able to heal once for 2.5k - yeah prolly don't use and cry on the forum how gimped you are.

What level are you? As a nanomage engineer I have about 6k HPs. (Globes of sufference * 2, MKII set, Dragon Body, etc.) Not to mention to use this 1k Healing ability, we need to tripple implant parry (oh.. did I mention parry was 3 per level too? Guess that slipped my mind. Means we have to give up all of our running clusters.. which kind of sucks being that using martial arts we get rooted a lot.)

Ah and the reflect shield yep, it's not like it's a bad thing to use while fighting.

Being that you seem to want to argue with foriegn buffs (1.3k AR! OMG OMG OMG!), RRFE is better anyway.

... And i didn't even listed your pet to attack the target, since you would cry "THEY ROOT IT".

...or get it stuck behind the lampost in Tir Arena, or get it stuck behind a tree, or get into the 75% zone where the pet gets bugged and usually doesn't hit, or...

I don't wanna say Engis are the uber pvp-profession, but they have a good chance the most professions. And as always it only counts how smart you play.

Not anymore. They used to. I agree, engies used to be decent pre-14.5 (bracer nerf.. if you want the math on that nerf I'll be more than happy to give it. It wasn't an all across the bored nerf, it hurt engies the most. Not to mention the crit nerf hurt us a good deal as well, being a crit dependent profession.)

~Chris

Oh.. by the way, if you want a list of professions we will lose against every time, here:

Enforcer (They don't need to hit back, their damage shields kill us before they run out of nano.)
    Adventurer (See Enforcer.)
    Grid Armor MKIII+ Fxer (Can't hit them enough. GAMKIV fixers, we can attack them all we wish, they won't die, even if they don't hit back or don't root.)
    Trader (Rooter)
    NT (Rooter)
    Agent (Rooter)
    Crat (Rooter, charm our pet and have 2x pets against us. )
    Doctor (Who doesn't just spam CH - they will lose if we get lucky and can use shen/dimach at the right time.)

That's 8 out of 11 professions that we have a 80-100% chance to lose against. I dunno about you but things look kinda glum around that time. The only MP I've fought I lost against, though I don't know if this feat could have been repeated, or it was just luck.
    ~Chris

good/nice post Chris

kinda agree on all =)
    chars.
    220 enfa
    220 doca
    220 keepa
    220 shada
    220 engia
    220 crata
    200 ma/fixa/nta/enfa

im proud to say i ones was advisor in Apocalypse and Dictator in Forsaken!
    captain smek irl! "Timelapse: I'll never forget Smekkes the soviet"
    aka bakerman
    smek!

Aye ... Engies are crap in pvp ... just face that fact, dont go tellin us their -1.2k AR debuff rocksorsz you...

btw, you could get the best alpha there is Jannerik => trader...
    Aimed shot Fling shot with you Ithaca... then root the target whilst draining his ass... take off the ithaca (takes a few secs tho) ... shen/dimach/brawl (yes traders can get up to 1.2k AR in MA skill too), and finish em with a lowbie Flashpoint alpha?

okay perhaps you wont have all the ip to realize it ... but so does the engi ... for an Engi it's even worse ip-wise ...

No flame or nerfwhine here towards traders, but Im asking myself: Did you really have to pick on Engies? Traders? picking on engies? Go eat babies will ya plz?

hmm yea love it when u see a slayer droid hummping a wall while u are pking thier masta. Sorta feel sorry for them.
    nerf engis!!!!!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Meow=-=-=-=-=-=-

( ) ( )
    (O.o )<--- Bunny
    (o) (o)
    Played on:
    Javia- sol
    Aielxoc- fix
    Wissper- doc
    Yacavich- trader
    Lazarak- nt
    Aielsean- adv
    -Guild: The Velvet Glove

I could only wish...

Hell, if they make engi's whup butt, maybe i'll move down the nerf ladder a bit

YES please, here is an idea.

Nano Crystal (Completely_Disable_Enforcer)

Description: Let's do something neat, we decided to make enforcers uber then give engineers the "undo enforcer" line, so that every gimp with an account will make an engineer and kill all the enforcers! For instructions on use, see your local NT, we did it to fixers too!

Effect:

All enforcers within 40 meters are;

-3000 run speed
    Rooted for 20 minutes
    -700 attack rating
    Dotted for 600 every 2 seconds
    Rage is canceled
    Nano pool is less 1000
    -400 to all nano skills

Requirements:

Engineer
    20 SI
    30 MC
    20 MM

ATK: 1.1s
    Recharge: 1.1s

WOOT!!! what a great idea!

heh, sorry had to do it. Be thankful you suck at pvp, trust me. Love is definately a 4 letter word.
    Last edited by Argulace; Dec 11th, 2002 at 01:16:41.
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

The day i lose to engi i quit AO
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Julia
    /me throws a shoe at julia.

dead yet?

omg

rofl

woot! Flame time.

ROFL you said it ethernal. This guy is dumbass el supremo.

His stupidity transends language. You know if i would have to guess his org i would have to guess storm. wow i am right how did i guess??

Must have been the fact he is a clueless moron who thinks he's l33t and knows everything and is on the lemmings train for a ride.

Before I just thought that Storm was a bunch of friends who just went around trying to dominate the game and be uber by playing all the time and taking advantages of certain "features" Then i had the misfortune of interacting with some of them as i played on RK1. I did learn that yes probably 10% of Storm are like that. And the other 90% are dumbass morons who only wish that they could do that.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Originally posted by Julia
    lol dont say to mutch pomy...we have that superduperuber buff now, absorbs some special attacks, we are so damn uber! :P
    chars.
    220 enfa
    220 doca
    220 keepa
    220 shada
    220 engia
    220 crata
    200 ma/fixa/nta/enfa

im proud to say i ones was advisor in Apocalypse and Dictator in Forsaken!
    captain smek irl! "Timelapse: I'll never forget Smekkes the soviet"
    aka bakerman
    smek!

Originally posted by Sheffy
    For the record, I tried 5 times to kill an Omni Engineer in 2ho about two days ago and failed.

The special absorb buff must be really nice. He absorbed every one of my fling/aimed shots then zoned back into the bunker to re-cast it. Then he would come back out, rinse, repeat.

I'm not going to cry nerf, but I do think that's almost as lame as Soldiers zoning in just to TMS then zoning again just to repeat the same thing 10 more times.

"If only I had roots"

lol... the best of the sort-of pro-engie PvP posts is by someone who is annoyed that they can't kill them before they run away. I think that's about our high-water mark when it comes to PvP

-Dal
    Dalmatia - 207 Eng Board Member of The Vigil
    Rostislav - 180 Doc
    And more alts than I'd care to admit to
    1700 total dings and counting

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast