Thread: Clicksaver and WinXP

Clicksaver and WinXP

I've got an unexpected problem - can not run Clicksaver at all after installing WinXP.

System: Pentium 2.4Ghz, 256Mb memory, LAN, no firewalls (even the internal XP one is switched off), no proxies, Windows XP Pro freshly installed and updated with "Windows update" utility over the net.

When I ran Clicksaver.exe, it did not ask me where AO was, did not try to create database or anything else.
    The only thing happened - yellow sign of CS appears and stays on the screen forever (>15 min) without changes (then I switched it off from "Task manager").

I made several attempts. Once (I do not know why) it started to run as usual, but then (after reboot) the same problem came back, and it does not run any more.

Can someone help me with this problem please?
    Last edited by LittleBee; Dec 8th, 2002 at 11:45:37.
    "... when faced with a problem you do not understand, do any part of it you do understand, then look at it again."

--------
    Clora "Littlebee" Villalba - Fixer (Rubika-1)

hmm.. running winXP and I do not have any problems with CS. Except that it sometimes forget about the DB and wants to renew it.

One thing, though. Try moving CS into another folder. That may force it to look up the DB again. At least I remember AOMD doing that. If not, you could try to move your AO-folder (which has the potential of making XP wine about it because you're breaking up links/shortcuts)

I run XP aswell and I never have problems with Clicksaver

from the installation guide:
    The two DLLs (AOHook.dll and madCodeHookLib.dll)
    must be in the same directory as ClickSaver.exe itself.