Thread: Nice design

Nice design

Well, just wanted to give some props to the designers of the tower system. I think it is a very welcome addition to the game, and I really like the system overall.

I particularly like the random clocks on the bases, as well as the revitalization of trade skills, and the cute little service towers. Way to go FC!

One implication that I really love about towers is accountability -- a feature that was really missing in AO overall. PvP had no consequences, and side had shockingly little. With land control this has really shifted.

The fixes to engineers were also well thought out, and certainly a step in the right direction.

(Yeah, no punchline, this is just a fanboy post.... )
    Regimental Beastie

Easy math:
    whiners = bad players

Rhetoric is useful because... before some audiences not even the possession of the exactest knowledge will make it easy to produce conviction. For argument based on knowledge implies instruction, and there are people whom one cannot instruct. Aristotle, 1355a20-27

Smile re

I agree,

I really like the new spaceships and skys. Adds alot atmosphere as the world becomes more "alive".

I agree. I think the towers add a reason to PvP that is motivated by in-game consequences, but also drives storyline based on the 'front-line' of tower control. Heck, I can see armies marching across the terrain. That is, if any one gets organized to do it.. hmm. I gotta go run talk to some people...

Armies, bringing a plague of LAG! Just like the various disease ridden armies of the past! Sort of. I love you idea.

Seriously, you call this well thought out? Every day I hear stories of guild X losing their tower while their players were offline. Perhaps they should be on the entire time that their base needs to be defended and give up on such silly things as 'sleep' and 'real life'.

Oh, and those great new tradeskills are just as great without the expansion. I am quite happy about these myself, FC at long last showed some initiative here, but I guess all ideas can't be as great as these, otherwise NW wouldn't exist for fanboys to looooove to pieces.