Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NT patch? yes? no? maybe?

Originally posted by Okkra

As said here, NT´s are MASSIVE dmg. Whoever says that NT´s arent dmgdealers dont really know what they are talking about.

NT´s have at higher levels a weapon + their nanos.

As a soldier have my gun + my hrm... aggro nanos?

BTW, did read all the 8 pages so this might have been posted before.

And everyone that has been struck by "Legions of the eyeblighter" knows how annoying it is.

Navigate with a bloody minimap? yah try that.
    For example, defending the box room at tarasque, omnis rush and spam you with bloody blinds, the first thing you try to do is "Navigate with the mini-map"?
    Doesn't know what they're talking about? So besides playing your soldier, you've got a high level NT and you know what you're talking about? massive damage? I don't know what NTs you've been watching... but its a pretty rare occasion when an NT is able to produce anything resembling massive damage (and I'll bet it involves AE nukes, battlefield scenario, and people who didn't put IP into NR)

weapon + nanos vs. just weapons... thats true, we do... except while the nuke is being executed the weapon isn't running (well, ok... its not quite as simple as that... but we aren't shooting constantly while we're nuking) ...

get an NT and a soldier into the same weapon... shoot something and show me that the NT is capable of doing the same amount of damage as the soldier? not going to happen... the NT has a lower attack rating, cannot self buff the weapon... and definately is not going to have the same firing rate (initiatives).

sure, top level NTs can throw enormous amounts of IP at weapons on the high end of the game... but there are plenty of things they will never be able to use (generally things with a lot of specials). and those very things are the ones that allow a soldier to do a lot more than just base weapon damage. if you don't see the relationship between FA/burst damage and nuke damage, there's no way an NT will ever be able to explain why your statements were way off base.

as to maneuvering by minimap... i can and have (emergency med kits anyone?) run through missions blind (i could probably do it asleep after this long)... and battlefields are a lot easier to navigate. and worst case scenario (in the open anyway)... you target a team member with a function key and type /follow ... and if you are higher level than the NT the only reason you're getting blinded much is because you haven't raised your NR yet so its at least partly your own fault.

If I were a soldier and making a statement like this, I'd probably want to throw out some numbers to back it up... because otherwise every NT in existance smirks and prepares to flame.

Originally posted by Okkra

As said here, NT´s are MASSIVE dmg. Whoever says that NT´s arent dmgdealers dont really know what they are talking about.

We arent MASSIVE damage dealers. We are at or below the damage of an EQB enforcer, hellfury soldier, well-built MA and crit-heavy agent. I run dmg-dumper all the time with my guildmates so thats where i get my information from. Problem is we should be doing more, easily. We are made to be low-HP, low-evades non-tanks that dish out tons of damage. So much in fact that we have to have enforcer to taunt off us. Yet enforcers and soldiers don't even have to taunt because they hold aggro doing same or more damage then we do.

NT´s have at higher levels a weapon + their nanos.

So you think a nano tech does anywhere near the damage a soldier does with his weapons? No, even with my PoP, or my ithaca I can't keep outdamage a hellfury all the time. Its pretty much a toss up.

As a soldier have my gun + my hrm... aggro nanos?

You have your high AR that you can buff yourself, something that we should have had a long time ago.

And everyone that has been struck by "Legions of the eyeblighter" knows how annoying it is.

Yes, its annoying, but doesn't do anything to the damage factor. Unlike drains or WnR, it doesn't enforce the OE rule, it just lowers your AR by 199 for 21seconds. All it is for is to initate confusion (and is counterable easily, since I do it all the time). Damage, which is what we all want, is not effected.

Navigate with a bloody minimap? yah try that.
    For example, defending the box room at tarasque, omnis rush and spam you with bloody blinds, the first thing you try to do is "Navigate with the mini-map"?
    Like I said, these are minor annoyances. You can still move, you can still shoot, you can still do everything you could before except see. It just causes panic.

Heres what i have to say about nts needing love:

i quit my nt in september, because she was too gimp, even with just about everything a 161 nt could possibly want(gph, jones vest, shades, etc...)

I made an ma, since they seemed fun, and they are fun, even at 155 killing endless vets is still fun(i can still solo reds! yay! =P). But now im stopping, to take up my nt again, to get her to 185, and kick some arse, because its a lot better in pvp, single or mass, than my ma.

Nts need some fixes yes, but so does just about every class. There arent really anymore classes in need of a major patch(maybe engs or mps). We need general fixes: Pet pathing, blackholes, fumbles. This would fix a lot of single profession grievences. There are still some single profession issues, dont get me wrong, and the nts are definately included in that catagory, but they dont deserve a giant patch. Im sure the cyberdeck will come eventually...<sarcasm>just like the mez pets theyve been promising to MPs</sarcasm>....
    President of Midnight Reveries

I dont care if the love comes in one big patch or Just in increments as long as they start doing something

but as it is i dont think that nts have been treated fairly throughout all the patches ive played through
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Originally posted by KlngArthur
    Heres what i have to say about nts needing love:

i quit my nt in september, because she was too gimp, even with just about everything a 161 nt could possibly want(gph, jones vest, shades, etc...)

I made an ma, since they seemed fun, and they are fun, even at 155 killing endless vets is still fun(i can still solo reds! yay! =P). But now im stopping, to take up my nt again, to get her to 185, and kick some arse, because its a lot better in pvp, single or mass, than my ma.

Nts need some fixes yes, but so does just about every class. There arent really anymore classes in need of a major patch(maybe engs or mps). We need general fixes: Pet pathing, blackholes, fumbles. This would fix a lot of single profession grievences. There are still some single profession issues, dont get me wrong, and the nts are definately included in that catagory, but they dont deserve a giant patch. Im sure the cyberdeck will come eventually...<sarcasm>just like the mez pets theyve been promising to MPs</sarcasm>....
    Make sure you don't confuse our AE nanos with love. No one says we need more AE nukes. Just like soldiers wanted love but didn't want a better shiled or trader wanted love and didn't want better drains.

AoE nanos is wonderful for showing off in backyard, or in low lvl camps, and to take off adds when fighting low lvl bosses outdoor, and maybe for PvP... But the general PvM way of fighting make it totally useless...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Originally posted by Flapsie
    AoE nanos is wonderful for showing off in backyard, or in low lvl camps, and to take off adds when fighting low lvl bosses outdoor, and maybe for PvP... But the general PvM way of fighting make it totally useless...
    I am sorry, and I am not making a comment about the facts you say, as I have no idea how useful AOE nukes actually are, but did anyone else think of the "what have the romans ever done for us" sketch from monty python when reading this?

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Talking

Just to clarify :
    With low lvl I mean grey stuff... VERY Grey stuff
    Mark Twain

AoE nukes are very useful in the aid of getting rare discs from various lower lvl camps

That is really only use ive found and looking kool from a high 3rd person view

Id like to see a AoE nuke with slow cast time but like 5K damage might be kool in Tower battles when its at 25%

Take every defender down to 60% with one nuke that would be mass battle luv for NTs

Originally posted by milmaker
    AoE nukes are very useful in the aid of getting rare discs from various lower lvl camps

That is really only use ive found and looking kool from a high 3rd person view

Id like to see a AoE nuke with slow cast time but like 5K damage might be kool in Tower battles when its at 25%

Take every defender down to 60% with one nuke that would be mass battle luv for NTs
    It's called Kel's Neutronium Plaything.

w00t

^^
    Back to the top you go!

Originally posted by lilnymph
    I am sorry, and I am not making a comment about the facts you say, as I have no idea how useful AOE nukes actually are, but did anyone else think of the "what have the romans ever done for us" sketch from monty python when reading this?
    ROFL!

Jeevez........: Rimor Clan Enforcer (Atrox)
    Mediceval....: Rimor Clan Doc (Solitus)
    Mozart........: Rimor Clan Trader (Solitus)

Retired:
    Helvic.........: Rimor Clan NT (Solitus).
    Epoz..........: Rimor Clan NT (Nanomage).

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

ooops sorry for the ignorance i stopped lvling my nt at 94 so i really dont know about all of the high lvl nanos yet

Thanx for pointing that out jaesic

ooops sorry for the ignorance i stopped lvling my nt at 94 so i really dont know about all of the high lvl nanos yet

Thanx for pointing that out jaesic
    no problem... its also the main reason right now that anyone who isn't an NT swears up down and three other ways to sunday that NTs are powerful enough and that they don't need a patch/fix at all.

KNP is still not as badass as what im talkin about

that does 2-3k im talkin 5k so it can take even the biggest baddest enforcers down to 60%

Just a dream 5 NTs aoe nuke at one time and wipe out every opposing person in one big glorious firework display

KNP is still not as badass as what im talkin about

that does 2-3k im talkin 5k so it can take even the biggest baddest enforcers down to 60%

Just a dream 5 NTs aoe nuke at one time and wipe out every opposing person in one big glorious firework display
    Just hoping those badass Enf's did not use Rage... or we would not get them at all...
    Mark Twain

Originally posted by Flapsie

Just hoping those badass Enf's did not use Rage... or we would not get them at all...
    I'm not sure which I'd like more... Kel's with double damage or Kel's with <50% NR... Somehow, I think I'd prefer the NR change over the damage one.

Originally posted by Jaesic

I'm not sure which I'd like more... Kel's with double damage or Kel's with <50% NR... Somehow, I think I'd prefer the NR change over the damage one.
    Me too...
    Mark Twain

I thought the cyberdeck was coming soon(tm).

I still am curious of where this cyberdeck idea was posted can someone tell me where i should look plz.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast