Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NT patch? yes? no? maybe?

Re: Re: Sorry, cant agree with that

Originally posted by Demona66

First off Nullity Sphere is not a balance nano - just a bonus - only a small % of the NT population get. (iven Devs stated that)

Well, I guess the NTs not beeing lazy do get the NS. You all know where they drop, even NS2.
    NS1- Claw Camp, I have found NS there myself.
    NS2- Polymorphed in DAV (I think its DAV)

Btw, why should 2 profs get bonuses and not the rest?
    NS-GA

Secondly meele classes have great deffence / offense abilites which the NT dosent have and thatway this class should be the best damage dealer. (fragile glass cannon)

What defence/ offence abilities? If youre talking about buffing your main skill, most profs can do that. I do support NTs getting a Mat.crea buff though.

The Nano Technician was designed to have *very good* range and damage to kill the oponent before he could get to the NT, with the 40 m range cap half of the NT nano-range extending nanos have been made useless. Also our DD nanos have a resist check over 100% which completly nullifies our main damage source.

So, youre saying, NTs should be able to kill the opponent before the opponent gets to the NT? Sometimes, yes, thats why u have roots.

How would you like if your fists had a nano cost and recharge time of 4 sec. and get resisted 99% of the time (which happens very often now due to ppl raising nano resist and uber resist mobs).

You get resisted 99% of the time? Hehe.
    No, my fists do not have nano cost, MA-Attacks and heals do though.
    And I guess youre nano-pool is bigger than mine.
    I do know how it is not hitting. Uber mobs evades or parry my attacks "99%" of the times. They also resist MA-Attacks.

There are more *concerns* at the NT board... you can take a look before you post again

I do look at all profs boards regulary.
    I guess u looked at MA board before u replied to my post?
    Then u would see what the MAs concerns are.

Happy X-mas!
    Anyhow, if NTs do get their dmg upped, its fine by me.
    Its not like NTs are a uber prof anyway (yet).

Happy X-mas to U too
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Originally posted by Alantria
    Are you playing the same game? or just very poorly built?
    NT's tend to dish out the most damage in PVM in the teams im in.
    Maybe im just lucky to see the best of your class.
    Well.. I'm not an X-3 armed NT... does that make me poorly built?

I'd be curious to see the numbers on why you believe the NTs are dishing out the most damage in your teams. I rarely manage to cause 1/6 of the damage to the mob, let alone the most. I would also like to think that most of the people I team with believe I'm pretty effective as a team mate. I doubt its because of my damage output though.

Originally posted by Nable7
    the crystals do this, to a very, very small extent... but a device that worked like one of the crystals but did almost no damage and significantly improved the nt's nano ability or raw damage would be spectacular. however, it shoud NOT be some rare item, but something that can be purchased in shops or at least something that comes in multiple ql's so that lower levels can get it off mobs or out of missions.
    its not supposed to be rare... its supposed to be easily gained and basically a standard part of being an NT...

the problem with the crystals that you're referring to, is that they don't provide any effective increase in what nukes we're able to use... maybe at some levels, you're able to use a nuke one step higher than otherwise... but they don't even boost nano skills as much as the lowest of the MP buffs. They definately don't boost us high enough to use a nuke that compensates for weapon damage.

so... does this means NTs are gimping themselves unless they equip weapons they aren't designed to use... yep. but, suprisingly... or not... its the NTs that have maxed skills that are deep blue (rifle and aimed shot) and are using X-3's on which people often base the NT's damage output.

Re: Re: Re: Sorry, cant agree with that

Originally posted by Uglyy
    Well, I guess the NTs not beeing lazy do get the NS. You all know where they drop, even NS2.
    I know where they drop. I got NS once upon a time, a long long time ago... I also spent about ten hours a week for a month before I did... and spent 5-10 hours a week for months after that trying to find it for guildmates. Never did see another one.

I've been looking to get NS2 for a couple months too. Though not at the lunatic (he's a recent addition you know). Its possible I may actually get it sometime soon... depending on whether or not I can get a team together to take him. I'm NOT going to pay the 150+ mill people seem to think its worth.

thats why u have roots
    Its a pretty rare situation where we manage to get a root in at a range that prevents our opponent from hitting us while we can hit them. And... if we nuke them, its pretty likely that it will break the root, and with our nukes having 5 sec. recharges, by the time we can reroot... they're inside that range. I suppose we can run around like crazy people and just keep rooting until someone else kills our opponent....

You get resisted 99% of the time? Hehe.
    No, my fists do not have nano cost, MA-Attacks and heals do though.
    And I guess youre nano-pool is bigger than mine.
    Its not that high except on those uber mobs. But it does suck in combination with the high rate of blackholes and fumbles. Fortunately, that issue is one of the top priorities right now (pet pathing being another one).

Nano cost... I use whatever nano kits I happen to have from missions... but generally, I'm using a charge after every mob. 1300-1600 nano... thats in addition to having either BHE or PNH recharging me and either Jobe or Obfuscated reducing nano cost. And probably 15 charges during a 190 boss (and yeah, my nano pool is around 5.8k). I'm generally using up that 1.5k of nano from a charge in less time than TS takes to cycle for the next charge.

i like that post alantia
    nts doin the most damage the rest of the team must be gimped out

cuz with our nukes we pull the most aggro and do the least damage

u guys get crits and specials

we get big nukes spose to be = crits

medium nukes = specials

low nukes = base damage

but neither your specials or crits have recharges other than the recharge of the weapon which is really fast for most weapons

jaesic = my NT hero and great spokesperson

getum jae
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

hmmmz, Im not sure what level you are, maybe its different for NTS at low to mid level(sorry dont know your level).
    But this is what i see in team missions, I do want to be objective about it(not having a NT), I'll ask the NT's i team with what they think about their damage.
    Also i didnt mean to insult you, but many here post based on their lack of char development rather than fully developing their proffession, prime example is "Enforcer is the Nerfiest proffession in game" post.
    Alantria 203 Fixer Squad commander/Recruiter of Eternal Fury

My buddy jaesic is lvl 170 NT and as u can see he knows that the damage is under average

i stopped my nt at lvl 97 due to the fact he was really not a sought after char unless someone couldnt find a crat or a trader to mezz for them

id try to find a team id post before someone lft he/she would post id ask that person wanna start a team and theyd say i just go one which kinda tells me they really would like to chose other classes even if it is done subconciously

i made an mp and damn i havent lvld that fast with my nt i went from 0-100 in like 2-3weeks where as it took me 2months to make it to 97on my nt lets say 1month for newbness where i still made about 50lvls and it took me another month to make 47more i dont know maybe i was just still to new

mp is good until lvl 150 then he kinda hits a wall
    ive been usin ql 200 x-3 since 145 it ok but my nuke is chaincastable and is real quick with 800 nano init and out damages it easy pets are the same thing ive been usin since lvl 135 so i had to roll new char

now im playing trader and i never had so much fun sept for maybe enf and ma they are fun too

but id really like to get back and take my NT out of retirement for some mega nuking

we can only hope

An NT is a fun class to play because we have to be so active in order to be a usefull teamate.

I am a layer doctor, and aggro shifter, a 4 try per mob calmer, I'll save a teamate with my first aid, I flat out try HARD and I feel a sense of accomplishment because of everything I do in being a good teamate. I'm glad I have more options than pressing a few special attack buttons.

I don't pvp most of the time because I know it's rock paper scissors whether they fix my class or not.

I would welcome any extra damage I could do or some interesting nano's I can use to help my team out.

Our profession description should however be changed. We are not the masters of fast damage. Agents and Soldiers are.

Anyway. I don't want to go down negative lane. It's very easy and gets nothing accomplished.

What I really intended in this post is to say that you CAN have fun playing an NT. And you CAN be a usefull teamate. Also, try being funny if your having trouble getting into teams. Personality can go a long way.

Focus on what you CAN do until/if we get fixed and try to have fun. Funcom knows we have issues wich need attention. Positive suggestions or inqueries may find an ear. We mosty deserve some sort of feedback on these issues. This is where Funcom could be most critisized. But please dont add to the quagmire of whining and troll feeding.

Originally posted by smotheredhope
    An NT is a fun class to play because we have to be so active in order to be a usefull teamate.

I am a layer doctor, and aggro shifter, a 4 try per mob calmer, I'll save a teamate with my first aid, I flat out try HARD and I feel a sense of accomplishment because of everything I do in being a good teamate. I'm glad I have more options than pressing a few special attack buttons.

I don't pvp most of the time because I know it's rock paper scissors whether they fix my class or not.

I would welcome any extra damage I could do or some interesting nano's I can use to help my team out.

Our profession description should however be changed. We are not the masters of fast damage. Agents and Soldiers are.

Anyway. I don't want to go down negative lane. It's very easy and gets nothing accomplished.

What I really intended in this post is to say that you CAN have fun playing an NT. And you CAN be a usefull teamate. Also, try being funny if your having trouble getting into teams. Personality can go a long way.

Focus on what you CAN do until/if we get fixed and try to have fun. Funcom knows we have issues wich need attention. Positive suggestions or inqueries may find an ear. We mosty deserve some sort of feedback on these issues. This is where Funcom could be most critisized. But please dont add to the quagmire of whining and troll feeding.
    A good post on how an NT is good. I think there'd be a lot of unhappy people if we changed the NT description to something that matches what we do instead of changing the profession to what we've been told it is... but its probably the simplest resolution.

As to my level, Alantria... I normally add it at the end of my posts, but with posting more than usual lately and was being lazy by not including it. I'm certainly in the range of people you would be teaming with and I am far from being gimped. I have built my character for PvM, not PvP... I have over half a set of mk2, all my implants have been ql200 for ages, I'm armed with a ql 200 Elec. V3.

If I were to revise for PvP, I'd drop some of the IP I've spent on trade skills and max conceal and my evade skills... at the moment those are all around 500. I might consider shifting over to using an X-3 as well... but I'd not be happy about it.

Jaesic
    175 NT (rk2)

Arrow

Just a morning bump...

Originally posted by milmaker
    in my opinion the greatest NT weapon is and should always be his BRAIN which is kinda the point of being an NT

if u want to use a x-3 be an agent
    if u want to use a smg be a fixer
    if u want to use a blunt object be an enf
    etc....

if u want to use your mind to manipulate cast times and control hordes of nanobots to blow up anything and everything u want an NT

even the the previous statement doesnt portray todays NT it should as we should do more damage than any other class because we are the most fragile

id like to be able to kill the mob with root-nuke tactics but the nuke part just doesnt work to well

damage should be doubled in my opinion

then we will be balanced
    Actully hes a technican that uploade programs. Kinda like a engineer but works more at the offensive damage programs. So you can use a weapon, like a pistol or something similar.

However Why NT's really dont get much for using a weapon is because of our low AR in most skills. We have some of the lowest Weapon skills in the game and that makes us hit for very little. (90fling, 90burst, 40FA) etc :P

Looking forward to the new Device. Will be something saught after.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

But hopefully not dredfully hard to get.

*crosses fingers*
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

Squad Commander: The Forsaken

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

it will prolly be a = to ga in rarity and have different qls or mks

will be 500mil for the top of the line as it will make u untouchable and only the ppl with no jobs and alot of free time will own them

that is how it is in anarchy world

i dont even doubt it if they make it a tara drop

Originally posted by milmaker
    it will prolly be a = to ga in rarity and have different qls or mks

will be 500mil for the top of the line as it will make u untouchable and only the ppl with no jobs and alot of free time will own them

that is how it is in anarchy world

i dont even doubt it if they make it a tara drop
    no no no. you guys need to go find the posts about this instead of creating things that will become rumor and more reason to be negative about the game. it is going to be easy to get and self-leveling and so forth. its meant to be something that every NT will want to use, unless they have a very specific goal in mind based on weapon/nuke combinations.

I'm not fragile
    My stix rule
    My AR is over 900 now and will be over 1k by 200

I luv my NT the way it is now

And honestly .....what better to usde extra IP on then a good weopon, it adds a little ****e to your char when you need it at high lvls.

P.S I think this thread has gotten way off topic

Originally posted by Sexynymph
    I'm not fragile
    My stix rule

And honestly .....what better to usde extra IP on then a good weopon, it adds a little ****e to your char when you need it at high lvls.

wwaaaaaaaaaaaaayy... off topic. but i tried to tell them this... oh... three pages ago?

does anyone know where i can find this post about the thing that every nt should have

would really be appreciated if someone can guide me to this info so i can soak it up

sorry for misinformation just speaking on my fears

Originally posted by GoldenEagle
    you got the love you got that anti fixer nano
    LOL nah we didn't get love than, we only become the solution to the GA problem according to FC, it was ment as a fix to Fixers and not love to NT...
    Actually alot of NT's considered it more of hate towards NT than love...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

i still wanna know where i can find info on the new item that was spose to be given to the nt profession in place of a weapon

the new ga fixer nuke was made to control ga fixers in tower battles dont want a horde of ga fixers running around kill everyone unchallenged

Originally posted by Sexynymph
    I'm not fragile
    My stix rule

As said here, NT´s are MASSIVE dmg. Whoever says that NT´s arent dmgdealers dont really know what they are talking about.

NT´s have at higher levels a weapon + their nanos.

As a soldier have my gun + my hrm... aggro nanos?

BTW, did read all the 8 pages so this might have been posted before.

And everyone that has been struck by "Legions of the eyeblighter" knows how annoying it is.

Navigate with a bloody minimap? yah try that.
    For example, defending the box room at tarasque, omnis rush and spam you with bloody blinds, the first thing you try to do is "Navigate with the mini-map"?
    Neophyte Sun "Okkra" Tzu
    Fresman Sacre "Norange" Bleu
    Apprentice Deus "Chillout" Vult

Server First: Level 200 Shade kill.

Thanks for stealing all my tradeable phatz.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast