Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: NT patch? yes? no? maybe?

What Im tired of?

In a team mission me and team go into a room where mob is. All start attacking. The mob goes down before I even finish casting my 9s attack nuke.

Yeah..great dmg dealer i am.
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

Squad Commander: The Forsaken

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

Originally posted by Sardunos
    What Im tired of?

In a team mission me and team go into a room where mob is. All start attacking. The mob goes down before I even finish casting my 9s attack nuke.

Yeah..great dmg dealer i am.
    Heh... its even better when those same people from that team start a conversation while the mission is going on (and they're slaughtering the mobs before your second medium speed nuke gets off) and what's the topic? the damage output of the nt and what you suggest for them to do for weapon choices on their new NT twink.

I just shake my head and keep nuking.

Dealing damage

Simple solution: Dont cast the long nukes in team situations. Go with the faster shots. Doing 1500 points in one big pile will often assure you get agro (and die, NTs are fairly fragile) anyway, even if you could get it off in time. 3-second nanos are pretty darn close to instacast after a while, and banging away with 400 points or so every few seconds DOES add greatly to the team's damage output. Plus it keeps the agro on thoes 3k-bursting soldiers

Solo, of course, hit em with the biggest nuke you got to start, then season to taste.

Harvie
    90 NT
    Omnitek, RK2
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

i hate that

i love it when the nuke goes off right when the mobs is bout to die it has 50hp left and u hit it with a nuke that does 1500damage i think its a crock the small nukes are ok but the damage needs to be upped seein as we dont get specials as our nukes are spose to compare to specials of other professions i say nukes should be instacast with a skill froze on its use and it recharges like a special and u can cast other small attacks while waitin for big nuke to recharge i mean i wouldn mind waitin 30secs for nuke to recharge if it does like 5k damage and i can still do small damage nanos just my opinion
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Re: Dealing damage

Originally posted by Tekhead
    Simple solution: Dont cast the long nukes in team situations. Go with the faster shots. Doing 1500 points in one big pile will often assure you get agro (and die, NTs are fairly fragile) anyway, even if you could get it off in time. 3-second nanos are pretty darn close to instacast after a while, and banging away with 400 points or so every few seconds DOES add greatly to the team's damage output. Plus it keeps the agro on thoes 3k-bursting soldiers

Solo, of course, hit em with the biggest nuke you got to start, then season to taste.

Harvie
    90 NT
    Omnitek, RK2
    There really aren't any 3 sec nanos in the high end game. And I'm sorry... but banging away with FIM just because I can cast more of them in a given time doesn't appeal (not to mention many mobs will end up causing as much damage to me from their damage shield as from weapons). With 1.1k init, I'm casting EC instantly even on full def. and IEF is pretty short run time as well. Its the recharge time that makes the fight too short. So generally, these days, I run EC (on the hopes that the first 1/3 of the fight will occur with a stunned mob.. a lot of the time it does) followed by a Izzies Little Nuke. Only the larger hp mobs (real means and above), I add alternating EC and IEFs.

Am I tanking most of the time? Yeah... but so? I have ns and mezz to handle any rough spots.

Jaesic
    172 NT (Rk2)

Exclamation

I don't know if this was mentioned before in this post, but before NW was released, funcom announced that they will be fixing pet pathing (trying atleast) sometime post NW. It probably won't be the next patch but the patch after because NW isn't finished yet.
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Originally posted by Melbu
    I don't know if this was mentioned before in this post, but before NW was released, funcom announced that they will be fixing pet pathing (trying atleast) sometime post NW. It probably won't be the next patch but the patch after because NW isn't finished yet.
    they did? you (or anyone else) happen to know where that was announced? I'd like to see what they said about it.

Jaesic
    172 NT (rk2)

Megaram and Jaesic

Originally posted by Jaesic

I certainly don't... about the only time i do this is when i get hit by a big DoT in

Jaesic
    172 NT (rk2)
    I cast layers to help out the doc, and I dont wanna count on him to save my a**. And I am not talking about a case where I am in 90ish team doing a QL 130 missions, I am talking borgz that crit/burst for 2k+ and drop QL 212 loot, and take a full team of 6 lvl90ish to bring down in about 10-15 seconds.

And also If you cast layered on self 4 times in a row while aggro is on you, there is a 100% chance that aggro switched because someone bursted or critted the mob unless you are in a crappy team. As a nanomage, I don't wanna get the mob even more pissed. I'd rather let it grind on an atrox anforcer.

glad to see u make it nanonik

keep them comin excellent job we are doin here

im not sure exactly is the concensus on exactly what we want

i suggest everyone who posts here also go to drabins post in the

NT professoin board and check out make your own nanos its nice

anyone else have any ideas

anyone think that fc took any notice to this

Arrow

Originally posted by milmaker
    anyone think that fc took any notice to this
    They honestly should... but we will see what happens.

i hope they did or maybe they missed it due to the fact it had nt in the title and makin it nil or void of a look by funcom

guess the post is dead unless someone wants to breath some new life into it with some inciteful info and or ideas

Once again I bump for More damage.

And as always I bump for making NT nanos easier to obtain
    I want to be a campaign!!
    Tarilliux MP fun,fun,fun (should have been a crat with a name like this )
    Hexar ::::Nanotech::::
    Imothar Engie (For once on the recieving end of MP buffs)

And a few other lowbies can't for the life of me remember their names

hexar thanx for your post id like to see our post count hit 200 but i think that every nt that reads boards has posted the rest dont bother to read so they miss chance to voice themselves

more damage would be so nice

more mezzes

better nano skill buffs especially mc

some way to decrease ncu cost of buffs

Your fix was the anti-fixer nuke. Bask in its greatness. You have been fixed.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Originally posted by Jellobiafra
    Your fix was the anti-fixer nuke. Bask in its greatness. You have been fixed.
    don't make me smack you

Jaesic
    174 NT (rk2)

Originally posted by Jaesic

don't make me smack you

Jaesic
    174 NT (rk2)
    LOL. Couldn't help myself.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

id call it a fix if there was a line of nanos that were professions specific and did more damage or speacial effects to each particular professions its targeted at

example.

Cloudy Subconcious

Targeted at MA profession

Damage 1000-2000 energy damage

effect: By shocking the system of the ma it effectively clouds his/her subconsious reducing there damage output by 10% and decreasing there crit ability by 15%

let the designers sort out the skills cost and nano cost and cast times maybe different lvls of such nanos

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast