Thread: Please fix these various neutral teaming bugs!

Please fix these various neutral teaming bugs!

Come on fellahs... It's been a while now, and the neutral teaming bugs are really getting tiresome.

I don't even get rewards any more, because teams have to roll the missions in advance. Since I should be getting 1 million XP reward from most of these, that's a pretty big deal. Not to mention the hassle of key duplication and not knowing where the mission is.

Also, PvP with mixed teams is still bugged.

Let's say, for instance... Team of 3 Omni and 2 neuts. (Happened to me a few days ago)

Team Side: Omni

As a neutral in "Omni" team I cannot:
    -Heal Omni players ("Cannot help other side of conflict blah blah")
    -Heal Neutral players ("Cannot help other side of conflict blah blah")
    -Heal Clan players ("Cannot help other side of conflict blah blah")

As a neutral in "Omni" team I can:
    -Be attacked by Omni players
    -Be attacked by Neutral players
    -Be attacked by Clan players

In addition to rolling neutral missions, right now the whole team side thing is totally screwed.

If the team side is Omni, Omni missions should be rolled, I should be able to heal other Omni teams, and other Omni players should be unable to attack members of an Omni team.

Not only is this needlessly causing many problems regarding tower defense, but it is really killing my ability to mission--and thus gain XP. So, if I can't PvP, and I can't team PvM... very little options are available to me.

Please fix the teaming bugs ASAP. Neutrals may not be the biggest faction on the block, but there are enough of us (and sided friends that are affected!) to warrant such a big bug to be fixed with some urgency.

-Jayde

Well 5% of the population are having these problems + any sided people who team with them, I would say that is a large number of people.

I can't believe this was not fixed in the last fix patch.

As if it was not already hard for neutrals to get xp.

I guess this is another stealth directive by FC to do away with neutrals.

This will not end if they fix the bug, it will remain in peoples minds and neutrals will find it harder to find teams.

When will they realise that the harder they make it for us, the more we will stick together.

Well, considering most sided folk have a +15% XP bonus from Towers and 1000 Token Board, they're gaining levels faster than ever... With an XP ring and Baton, that's a good 20%+ XP bonus with little to no effort..

Right now, most neutrals are having a hard time getting XP at all.

Even better, the new "camps" for getting the tower quest items drop Bravery Tokens almost every other mob--and each quest gives a mission token every time. Assuring that any sided person who doesn't have a 100 board yet who is of decent level can get one rather easily.

But, this is beside the point... The two issues I mentioned--both with missions and PvP--are BUGS and should be fixed ASAP.

-Jayde

Apparently, this fix is now on test.
    from testserver notes

All teams that has one or more clan member will now have Clan alignment, and all that has one omni member will be counted as Omni. If it contains both omni and clan the team will be neutral.
    [edit] added quote
    Last edited by Hypos; Dec 10th, 2002 at 22:45:32.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

14.7.5:

Teams that have one or more clan member will now have clan alignment, and those having one or more Omni-Tek member will be counted as Omni. This should allow teams with neutral members to still get missions suited for the team. If it contains both Omni-Tek and clan members, the team will be considered neutral.

Well yay! We can mission again. (Guess I couldn't have piked a better week to go out of tow for business. This will be nice and fixed when I get home!)

But what about team PvP? Anyone tried it with mixed neut/omni or neut/clan teams yet?
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.