Thread: Upgrading Controllers = Losing your Base

Angry Upgrading Controllers = Losing your Base

As it stands right now, if you have not placed the maximum ql controller that you can at your base, there is no way to place a higher ql controller there without losing your base.

There are 2 issues here:

1. When you destroy your own controller, the entire base goes up in flames.

2. There is a period of 3 hours where your guild cannot place a controller in that area.

The issue that my guild is having is that after many many shopping trips, we came across a ql223 controller. We currently have a base that can support that, but it has a ql200 controller there now. We placed this early on when we did not know that odd ql's came up in the shop.

Now, after spending many millions of credits getting it up and running, there is no way for us to place the higher controller w/o losing it all.

Although shadowlands is a bit far away at this point, I do forsee ql300 controllers being obtainable at some point. Will those that currently have 200-300 land and defend it until shadowlands be forced to completely remake their base in order to place a 300?

I do know there there is an option of having a guild that you trust place a controller there after you destroy the base and then later take it down so you can rebuild, but I find it horrifying that there is no system for doing this.

I realize that this sort of thing would take some work in the coding, but I would be happy if a GM even were able to keep the base up while the tower was replaced.

*sigh*

Am I the only one that sees this a problem? Just implementing something where you had the option to replace the conductor and keep the same time to 25% running would be great

Nope you aren't the only one. There should be a /tower swap command or something that allows you to place a new controler or tower if you aren't in 25% or 5% gas time.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

That would be good, but I worry that people would use that to recycle their bases constantly so as to avoid suppression gas drops. It would be difficult coding and it could actually be a good thing with all of the distribution issues.

Just make the base go 25% instantly when you swap out your controller to avoid that loophole.

Would be great if they could fix this...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I might be wrong here, but don't the surrounding personal towers have to be the same ql as the controller tower (or within a tight range)?

Even if it were "technically" possible, you couldn't upgrade the controller tower without having all surrounding towers upgrade automatically could you? In that case you would have people placing low controllers and low personal towers, then simnply upgrading the controller & getting "free" upgrades to the surrounding towers.

Like I say I may be wrong, but I thought all towers in an area had to be the same ql.

Arrow

All towers in an area have to be in the QL range of that area, but that's it...

Swapping a controller could be made to work if the gas cycle was reset on swapping such that the gas went to 25% (ie set the replacement tower's creation time to the swap time minus 18 hours). It could be done by targetting the existing controller, bringing up the build menu and dropping in the new controller, so no new interface is needed.

Not a *major* issue, but it could be rather annoying.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Just let the new tower inherit the old towers cycle. So if there is 1 hour left to 25% on the QL 200 controler, the /tower swap command would start the new tower with 1 hour left to 25%.

Clean and pretty simple.

Cool

That works too, and yes, its simpler and therefore less likely to go wrong...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Having it have the same cycle would be best, but honestly, I would be happy with it going to 25% immediately...anything as long as I don't have to destroy the base lol.

I asked a GM about this yesterday and they said they were not sure if they were going to implement it at all :/

Angry Fix it!

I cant believe FC has not replied to this post. It is a great problem for growing guilds. You reacted fast on the NT stun, now react on this before we explode in frustration.
    Phelsior
    ::Retired NT::
    Reactivated after 7 years O.o

Since, alas, the post has not been inflamatory, perhaps it is not getting the love it should get....

This is a real problem and one that even if FC decides not to fix MUST be adressed. If you are not going to change this -- Why not?

Please bump this post -- don't let this slip under the rug :/

Bump

Would be really nice with this implemented.

They just have to disable the /tower swap while shields are down (I guess most can figure out that exloit)

Originally posted by KaMiK
    moneh sink anyone?
    No clue what you talking about anyone?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Pwned.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Well, this thread sort of got lost....but I think we need to reconsider it in light of the new exploit rules.

Funcom seems to think that the only reason you would destroy/let someone else take your base/take it back would be to exploit the timing system.

This is just untrue. As it stands, this is the only way to upgrade your controller as well. I still haven't upgraded our 200 base because I do not really want to rebuild it. However, if I wanted to even try -- I risk getting banned for exploting!

Bump for FC to put in a system for doing this!