Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funcom should give Neutral a TOKENS BOARD

Thumbs up Funcom should give Neutral a TOKENS BOARD

like anyone cares

Last edited by CyberSurfian; Dec 8th, 2002 at 05:02:02.

Nah i don't agree. You choosed to sit on the fence then you don't deserve any benefits. Choose a side you'll get a token board.
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

Changes that should happen for neutrals:

1) Not be attacked by guards/be able to travel freely

2) Get clan and ot shopping channels (for those neuts who are just out for money)

3) better xp bonus for controlling land. It should be on a ratio of some sort, when there is so few neuts they are never gonna get a lot of control sites.

4) Should be able to wear OT and Clan clothing/items. Like the dodga/alvin, which is side not omni and side not clan respectivly, so they can wear both.

5) The bugs w/ teaming with neuts should be fixed.

6) When in teams neuts should not be tabbable

7) neuts should get ot and clan teaming channels also

I do not think that the neuts should get a token board (they have no one supporting them really, who are they doing services for?), the bow tie is good and goes in the neck slot.

The way I look at it...

We either need to get the benifits similar to sided folks, or we need to get the benifits that we should get as neutrals.

Right now, we don't really get either...and it sucks.

P.S. "Fence-sitting", "Pick a side", and all like comments will be ignored. I can produce so many reasons why I'm not "sitting on a fence", and that I've chosen my side...it's not even funny. Just because you do not understand the neutral point of view does not make it invalid. Do not attempt to define someone else--we can define ourselves, thanks.

-Jayde

1), 2) yes.

3), please give me a break. The more you control, the more XP bonus you get. If it was 55% neuts, you could control as much land as omni or clan do. You knowingly picked a small side. Deal with the consequences.

4) Some, yes. Some, no. Certain things should be omni-only and clan-only. Other things (dodga/alvin pads, Kaehler/Frederickson sleeves) should be not-omni and not-clan. The system works fine, though a little more thought as to when an item should be sided and when an item should be anti-sided would be good.

5) Yes. It's ridiculous that neuts have to put up with this.

6) God, I only wish. Same should go for teamed omni/clan mixes; if I've teamed you, I'd rather not have you screwing with my tabbing.

7) Yep.

I gotta go with what you've said, Stimmed; neuts should get a different set of benefits from the sided folks. It should be in freedom of choice; you may not get the best items/abilities/whatever, but you get to take from both sides. The increasing restrictions on neutrals suck.

That said, it's FC's game. If they want to write neutrals out of it, you guys are just going to have to adapt or quit.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

You picked Neutral knowing what it is

So dont bother coming here and whining for your "benefits".

You should never, ever, have a token board. It is a huge benefit for choosing a side in this conflict and about the only few reasons to do so.

Neutral never was meant to have "staying power". It was for people who were uncertain of which side to choose or for those who wanted added challenge or just wanted to make some sort of statement.

I think that neutrals should be able to travel most places in peace, except military bases like Avalon etc. where they should be shot on sight.

They already took out one of the big negatives for being neutral, ie inability to initiate combat. That made sense though, since now you can make "neutral" mercenary army working for highest bidder etc.

As ending comment, I dont really get you neutrals. Most of the high lvl neutrals have already decided their side anyways which is apparent in Camelot and in PvP field. Could as well go for the side you have chosen...

Zarch and da chars

Nah, no boards.

Fixing the teaming/tabbing problems would be nice tho.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

To Zarch:

Try making a new toon, the person right before the gates asks you some questions. When I made mine, I answered truthfully, it said I was best suited for neutral. Then I talked to the neutral recruiter, he said nothing of "this is just an inbetween point so you can pick a side" no, he said neutrals were neutrals, very diverse, some wanting money, some wanting to explore. Maybe the original idea one year ago was for neuts to just be before you pick a side, now FC has changed their mind apparently.

And 1 year ago, in the original manual it gave hints that neutrals would have a major role in the story.

So Zarch, maybe to you we are just there to pick a side, not anymore to FC...

Originally posted by Stimmed
    And 1 year ago, in the original manual it gave hints that neutrals would have a major role in the story.
    Didnt they say the oposite? That neutrals would NOT have an major role in the war.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

I cant find my manual currently, but from what I remember it said that neuts might be secretly backed by the ICC and might play a major role in who wins...

Maybe it was just my imagination but if anyone has their old manual and want to read through the whole thing again we could clear this up... maybe it was the strategy guide?

Neutrals are people who don't want to fight, who refuse to take a side in the conflict yes? To me that means they arn't a side themselves, merely people who hold themselves aloof.

If you want token boards, if you want a major part, if you want notum mines.... wouldn't those things make you a 3rd side? A no longer neutral people, but an actual 3rd faction?

Give up your neutrality and gain the benifits I say, either choose a side, or declare yourselves to be a 3rd faction. But then omni tek would be forced to either call you rebels, or acknowledge your right to self rule. I think the neuts would rather have their freedom (the freedom the clans fought and won), but not have to work for it... imho.

you could call yourselves Spinless Fence Sitters, or Cowardly No Goods, or Fight To Gain Our Freedom Which We'll Gladly Accept And Then Call You Murduring Scum You Stupid Clanners...Side.

Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Just flipped through the original manual; a lot of omni/clan propeganga, no info about the neutrals.
    Even the pages with info from SOL does not mention the neutrals, only the omni and clan leaders.
    Ginn/Decky

Originally posted by Aguitha
    Nah i don't agree. You choosed to sit on the fence then you don't deserve any benefits. Choose a side you'll get a token board.
    I chose a side and all I got was a Bow Tie!

Originally posted by Sherrman
    you could call yourselves Spinless Fence Sitters, or Cowardly No Goods, or Fight To Gain Our Freedom Which We'll Gladly Accept And Then Call You Murduring Scum You Stupid Clanners...Side.
    Why not just "Independants" ?

If we must to be a 3rd side, why not ? We can be Neutrals AND Independants, I don't see any problem in our concept, we won't the war, just needed a minimum of ressources and peace...

For the tokens board, why we don't get an ICC board for example, with bonus reduced by 1/2 in relation to OT/Clan boards ?

edit:
    Originally posted by cold
    Gah. No token boards PLEASE
    Note I won't especially any board, I just propose that if too many people ask for, like a compromise..
    Last edited by Orravan; Dec 9th, 2002 at 08:25:19.

Gah. No token boards PLEASE

If anything, give me the ability to travel nearly anywhere without being shot at... like Gaute said we could. Surely the aggro NPCs is a bug then

Oh and fix that darn teaming bug.

I think that a "world wide" shopping channel could be useful.....

not only omni, clan or neutral....atleast not give clan and omni channels to the neuts......but make a shopping channel that all 3 can spam in....

And no tokenboards......choose a side...........

And why should you wear omni or clan clothing/items when you choose to be neutral??

If you feel that you are left out in the cold, then just make up your mind and join either A) Omni or B) Clan
    Aint so hard is it?
    But no, you just want it all.....

Personally, I would this changements for the future concerning Neutrality :

1) An OOC channel
    2) A gentle attitude from Sentinels at Tir

It's the only serious changements for me.

neutrals winning this conflict... would be like Korea winning world war 2...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

That's' what happens when you stay on the fence. I don't expect to get a good grade on a persuassive essay if I was to waffle and be indecisive, would I?
    ~Chris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast