Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5% needs to be done away with *now*.

bump!

Change it please. :P One patch now since NW release and no alliances.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Nah, keep 5%. Ask for help if you get attacked. Unless you're omni
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Ask for help when I get attacked? But believe me, going into a full scale battle during 5% then asking for help when the defender's towers attack you doesn't do much. People are too busy so you might as well leave.

I said "ask for help" as in ask other guilds to help you if your base is attacked in 5%. If you are being attacked by a "friendly" tower in 5%, step outside the PvP and shout for a team.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Have you tried that lately? Give it a whirl.

Bump! Down with the 5%!

Have you tried that lately? Give it a whirl.
    We do, and we get the help. There is a great hard core of guilds out there who put their virtual lives on the line to help us keep our base safe from Omni incursion. In turn, we help them if they shout for help. In all we get up to approximately 5 guilds helping our cause. We are not in any alliance.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

And you made sure nobody used AE nanos, right?

And the towers didn't beat the living crap out of the "friendly guilds" helping you out?

You don't have time during a huge skirmish to form teams with the "home guild" to ensure the rest of your reinforcements don't get hammered to death by the towers they themselves are defending.

Originally posted by ClanKiller4
    /me mocks the cry-babies. "OMG I got killed!!!" "Nooo... not possible!" "OMG I hate 5% cause I GOT KILLED" "Nooo... Not you... Not in 5%" "OMG Im gonna cry to FC" "Good idea!" /unmock

Jesus Christ, big deal you got killed. If you hate 5%, stay out of it! Simple as that! Its part of the game. What next? You gonna cry cause the Omni Elite toasted me. "He was only 200+, I could of killed im, except for the glitch where he attacked me BEFORE I COULD EVEN ATTACK ME! HOW FAIR IS THAT?"
    ... um.

Sheffy: we always team up in a lull in the 25% fighting. We know what to expect in 5% (we are a seasoned PvP guild now) and make sure we have all non-guildies teamed with guildies. We have never lost a single ally to the towers. Once we had to heal one who was being lightly tickled by a tower (he was afk), but thats all.

Maybe you can't find the time in your skirmish's, but we make the time. We look after our allies
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Look at my post in the rules proposal thread. This would mean the 5% could be kept without problems.
    Corianin - TL6 NT - eqp

Originally posted by Ntrox The MP Gimp
    Sheffy: we always team up in a lull in the 25% fighting. We know what to expect in 5% (we are a seasoned PvP guild now) and make sure we have all non-guildies teamed with guildies. We have never lost a single ally to the towers. Once we had to heal one who was being lightly tickled by a tower (he was afk), but thats all.

Maybe you can't find the time in your skirmish's, but we make the time. We look after our allies
    Sigh. There are many instances where this is just not possible -- small base gets attacked during the 5% gas giving you no time to prepare team-wise, as one example.

But whatever, I'm glad 5% is no problem for you! (or hasn't been yet )

The current system illustrates that Notum Wars is designed for guilds, not the warring factions (omni, clan, neutral??)

If FC wants to have a unified war between omni and clan, they need to:

1) neutrals can't make towers (since Omni is the only one allowed to mine notum, making a tower should make you clan outright);

2) if neturals ARE a valid faction, then they need to get ICC tokens and more ICC gear and be treated as such; and

3) the towers should be set to only attack opposite sides of the conflict, allowing for allianced de facto.

Number three is what makes it, if the game is more than just a theme-related gang/guild game.

As it is now, you could get rid of all three factions entirely and have the same experience as we have now. This game isn't about working for the largest corporation, it is about my guild. This game isn't about fighting to save the planet from Omni, it's about exploiting it just like Omni Corp.

I can understand needing to move the story along slowly, developing into what we'll have with the expansion, but someone needs to decide now if the game is about Omni/Clan or Guilds.

5% is a pipe dream.

Nobody is gonna kill a base in 1 hour at higher levels, It needs removed. If you want a 5% option, give a org command that lets you initiate war on a rival guild during the 25% gas. Your not gonna kill them in one hour, so no real purpose for it now at higher levels.

ive seen enough posts made with people asking for something to removed just because they have run into a bad experience with it. Believe it or not, ive seen an agent cry to FC about soldier TMS having too quick of an attack time and that it should be slowed down to something like 10s, just because he lost to a soldier in a pvp fight.

Honestly people, if FC did everything people demanded in such occasions, id just go back to playing Pong, because that how badly ive seen people want this game nerfed.

If you dont like 5% because you got attacked, fine, thats natural to have opposing feelings of something if its not in your favor, but to just jump to the conclusion of having it removed instead of fixing it is obserd. Yes, its much harder to defend in 5% because of a few reasons, such as its just plainly harder to attack people of same faction. and ya, maybe it sucks to get killed by a tower of the same faction, but you can always get around it. Ive defended a base being attacked by omni once before, harder than defending against clan? yes... but it still wasnt that hard.

instead of immediatly just saying nerf 5% with your opinions in which may or may not be viable to the situation, why not suggest ways to fix it. like maybe suggest towers only attack people in 5% if they are attacked... that means if I attacked an omni tower in 5%... Me and only me would get attacked apon. As well you could suggest if a person attacks a tower, that person becomes TAB-able. stuff like that.

as for Meurgen's opinion on the land rush, like it or not, theres always a rush for land, its the presence of time your getting out of whack. See, people are always attacking towers... everyday theres one being attacked. Now just because an abundance of land is not being attacked every second of every day... doesnt mean that they are not being attacked daily. That my friend, is alot of attacks.

5% has its place in the game, and it will be fixed later on. Having 5% nerfed is just a quick out to a problem, and a very unsupporting position has been taken by a few people as to why it should be done. its like giving a child a rotting egg tasting sucker, the child doesnt like it, so he stops eating suckers completely instead of just asking for a different flavor.

inter-faction fighting does happen, not as often as omni vs clan, but it does happen. So honestly, are you going to confront all those people who have fought against guilds of same faction and say, i dont like 5%... sorry, you cant fight anymore for land. No, its not gonna happen. So instead of just going for the quick out in this situation... think a bit harder, or maybe just wait a few hours or maybe even a day before you make a post asking for a nerfing, because making a post 10 minutes after something bad happens to you, might be affecting your thinking patterns, and not only that, you have it stuck in your head now that its right, because everyone has seen it, and you try and justify it. Its not justifiable, especially when theres a better option.

Sorry to tell you, but u need to examine the situation more carefully because this is a post i would expect to see from a preteen.

Re: 5% is a pipe dream.

Originally posted by TORTUREYOU
    Nobody is gonna kill a base in 1 hour at higher levels, It needs removed. If you want a 5% option, give a org command that lets you initiate war on a rival guild during the 25% gas. Your not gonna kill them in one hour, so no real purpose for it now at higher levels.
    People steamroll < QL 250 bases. Whether or not those bases are under-defended is being argued. But the only bases with any staying power is a QL250. And even then the only thing that will survive is the Controller.

People can eliminate bases in that time. Especially if someone of the opposite faction weakened the bases during the 25% time.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Just team with someone from org you are helping out and you wont get attacked.. simply as that..

If you dont like 5% and dont want to team, just stay out of it. its just one out of 6 hours, in which you can attack the towers..
    So long,

Tom Nightwish Callagher; Rk3's first lvl200 pvp/tradeskillzzz Trader eqp - Status Bored *g*
    Shorty Instantkill McPot; lvl 200 Agent Rk3 eqp - One Man Army
    Blossom Powapufgirl Buttercup; lvl 191 Enforcer - Flavour of teh last 4 months. Clones DO suck, but...

Tom Nightwish Demesa; Trader on Rk2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123