Thread: A couple questions on towers/controlers

A couple questions on towers/controlers

I haven't bought NW yet, mainly cause I'm not sure if it's worth it. Even if I don't and my guild places one, what benifits does it give to my guild? As far as I can tell, all it does is costs a crapload of creds and makes it so you have to be there at the tower to defend it durring 25% periods. What makes it so worth the trouble?
    I've looked around on these forums and other sites and I can't find anything telling me what it's good for. Seems more of a pain in the a** than anything.
    Thx in advance for any input...

-l8r

Check out Jayde's Anarchy Mainframe database and search under towers. This will give you a listing of all of the personal towers that you could put down and the benefits from them.

As a 166 MA, I have a bonus of:
    35 SI/PM from a 225ish Guardian conductor of will
    30 MA/brawl/dimach/riposte from a ql200 Fire Sprouting Turret
    750 health from a ql200 Guardian conductor of Life

In addition to that, I get 24pts to all nano skills from our organisational bonuses as well as about 10pts to MA and agility.

What this means is that I am overqualified to self Four fists of Kali and UVC without using any gear.

Notum Wars....$20
    3 ql200+ towers....5Million credits (or something like that)
    Rolling a pow bow for PvP.....100k credits (yes it does take that long...)

Never needing to put IP into pistol....priceless

Okay, but all those things you just mentioned only work when you're near the tower, right?

If you get all those buffs, all the time then that rocks! But from what I understand, you have to be near the towers for the buffs to work on you.

-l8r

Nope, they work all the time. The org advantages can be a little buggy at times, but they do work everywhere.

I took this off of Anarchy Mainframe.
    Link: http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=202945

Name: Guardian Conductor of Life
    QL: 200
    Patch: 14.71
    Description: Guardian Conductor towers are specialized in increasing or decreasing the performance of human breeds. Most any area of expertise can be influenced, but only within a limited physical radius from the tower. Guardian Conductors also have a limited ability to attack.

Notice: "within a limited physical radius from the tower"

I checked out the other ones too, and they say the same thing. Does this site need an update or is it really only within a certain radius of the tower?

Aneone else have any input/experience they would like to share?

-l8r

*BUMP*

please, could someone give me an explanation? I refuse to buy NW if there isn't a reason to...

-l8r

As far as i know , personal adavntages work everywhere

Vicinity advantages only work in a certian radius of the device.

Tower of life

vicinity
    hp delta 190

personal
    775 hp

the personal works everywhere , the vicinity works only in the vicinity of the tower.

Originally posted by Brutal Truuth
    As far as i know , personal adavntages work everywhere

Vicinity advantages only work in a certian radius of the device.

Tower of life

vicinity
    hp delta 190

personal
    775 hp

the personal works everywhere , the vicinity works only in the vicinity of the tower.
    Yep, that's my understanding, too. Only the person who PLACES the Tower(in the above example) gets the +775HP bonus. The rest of the Org members get the 190HoT(okay, heal delta) only when they're within the tower's radius.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

The personal mod is permanent for the owner as long as the tower is alive (yes that means you get the benefits everywhere)

The vicinity mod is valid for org members that are within the range of the tower. Not all towers got vicinity mods, but all towers got personal mods.

Towers rock - having an added 20-30 to some nanoskills and weaponskill can realy make that breaktrough for selfcasting some nanos, or selfequiping that weapon you need for pvp.
    Magbyte - 210+ Soldier - Equipment
    Cratbyte - 220 Crat - Equipment
    Medbyte - 150+ Doc