Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PVP = Worthless

Guys. The only problem is that heals can be overpowered to an extent.

Thus said, I have manage to kill docs in the arena. AND an adv that ganked me. So..

Aside from that, the patch IS good. Soldiers are still uber. I find it almost impossible to kill one. The TMS is still the best nano in the game. more often than not, I hurt myself by hitting it more than my opponent does by hitting me.

Pvp is much better now.

Having more classes as viable PVPers is THE BEST thing this game has seen yet. Yes it has flaws, yes it has kinks, but OMFG it's so much better.

Poor Zeth, isn't uber newbie twinked to hell anymore....

Honestly, I've fought you with one of my characters (when you were 30-40 in FULL Elite, Tank armor...etc). You were impossible to kill, except by a couple of people who were twinked harder than you were. Now that you are up with the "Big Boys" (ie. over 75)...you'll find its a much different PvP game.

And saying you did all that "twinking" yourself is not correct either...as I and many others have heard you on the chat channels asking for this or that HUGE buff.

Soldiers still rule PvP, its still nearly impossible to kill them before they shred you....so stop the whining.

Pvp = Worthless

Originally posted by Mugginns
    "Whoever said that the actual AO storyline is based solely upon pvp combat? Do you honestly think Funcom is going to make a CG Movie for the story AFTER a couple people have dueled? No, everything is already predetermined. "

What is AO based on? The conflict between Omni-tek and the Clans...what does this mean? Pvp. Not duels. PVP. Real war. Not twink vs. twink as you would have it.

"As I said before, pvp is something that is fun to me, in fact, pvp is the ONLY thing that makes this game fun to me. No one HAS to pvp. Dueling is just a way to determine how your character stacks up against others, thats all. If you cant keep up with the rest of the crowd, then maybe you shouldnt even try. "

This is bull, don't insult me, I am a good pvper that uses skill, not equipment to win. I don't hit others for 400+ a hit (post patch). I don't have 4000 ac. I use my brain and skill to win, not pressing the 1 button then hitting q or whatever.

"When the hell did I ever mention that soldiers should be THE best? I merely said that EVERY class shouldnt be equal. In my opinion, PREPATCH, Enforcers were the best pvp class, then to a close second, Soldiers. Agents, if done right, could possibly own anyone, but then agan, so can a well done MA. Now, Docs and MPs own everything. Do you really enjoy that? "

Not true. Maybe for a person with no skill...but I personally have beaten many adventurers and MA's (who are healers) over the past few days.

On another point, if you say that some classes should be inherently better, you are making it the agent/enforcer/soldier game. There is nothing else to be said. If you want to play the agent/enforcer/soldier game, that's your problem. Maybe you should try EQ really...they have class dependency.

Seriously though, have you ever played Starcraft? Three different races with many different play styles, anyone can win, the zerg don't always win because they look cooler, the terrans don't always win because they have bigger guns. I don't know how many more times I have to explain it to a soldier, but most people want a fair game, not the soldier game.

As to bringing up EQ, I brought it up to contradict your "point" that no other game uses scaled pvp dmg...EQ does it, and it is the preceding MMORPG to set the standard for all MMORPG. If you cannot understand what that means...maybe you just shouldn't post.

~MUGGINNS.~

"What is AO based on? The conflict between Omni-tek and the Clans...what does this mean? Pvp. Not duels. PVP. Real war. Not twink vs. twink as you would have it."

heh, I find this comment really funny. Do you honestly think that Anarchy Online's entire storyline is going to be based around a duel between Garv and Destrux? (Rk1) As I said before, everything, EVERYTHING in this game's story is already predeteremined, no matter who wins in a pvp.

"This is bull, don't insult me, I am a good pvper that uses skill, not equipment to win. I don't hit others for 400+ a hit (post patch). I don't have 4000 ac. I use my brain and skill to win, not pressing the 1 button then hitting q or whatever."

Let me guess what your "skill" is in pvp..
    -Do you snare someone and run out of distance so you can shoot them back without getting hit? To me, this is just plain cowardly.
    -Do you get buffs from level 100+ people before dueling? That's no strategy, that's just pathetic.
    -Do you use wall exploits where you can hit the person, yet you cant even be targetted? That's an exploit that shall get you banned.
    -Do you zone in, attack with all you've got, and zone back? You would be even more pathetic than I thought.

To be honest, the only skill there is in pvping is the skill to uber out your character. No, Im not saying crap about having a level 100+ character "twink" out your level 30 character, but it's the ability to have and wear things that you normally shouldnt be wearing at your level The ability to wear Elite Armor at level 30 is something to be proud of. Sure, everyone can do it, but only the skilled manage to pull themselves that extra amount to "uber" out their character.

"Not true. Maybe for a person with no skill...but I personally have beaten many adventurers and MA's (who are healers) over the past few days."

Wow, so you managed to kill some Adventerurs and MAs. I'll bet $10 they had no titles and didnt know what the hell they were doing. I'm entirely sure you have lost way more against them than won. And it's funny how you didnt mention doctors and MPs..

"On another point, if you say that some classes should be inherently better, you are making it the agent/enforcer/soldier game. There is nothing else to be said. If you want to play the agent/enforcer/soldier game, that's your problem. Maybe you should try EQ really...they have class dependency."

I'm saying that these classes should be inherently better on the pvp field, it's only common sense. Do you honestly believe that a doctor should keep up with a soldier in dueling? Do you honestly believe that a beurocrat should beat an enforcer? Do you honestly believe an engineer should own an agent? Hell no.
    The only reason this game has the 7 or 8 classes it has is for variety. Sure, a soldier would be fun to play as for maybe a couple months, but you would eventually get bored. Go play a Engineer, they're entirely different. THATS my point.

And your comments around Starcraft are pure ignorance = they are of no relation to this game. Starcraft is baised on dueling with other people, this game is not. This game is revolved around finding groups and leveling up, not killing other players.
    Last edited by Zeth; Nov 24th, 2001 at 13:49:41.

Originally posted by Federot
    Poor Zeth, isn't uber newbie twinked to hell anymore....

Honestly, I've fought you with one of my characters (when you were 30-40 in FULL Elite, Tank armor...etc). You were impossible to kill, except by a couple of people who were twinked harder than you were. Now that you are up with the "Big Boys" (ie. over 75)...you'll find its a much different PvP game.

And saying you did all that "twinking" yourself is not correct either...as I and many others have heard you on the chat channels asking for this or that HUGE buff.

Soldiers still rule PvP, its still nearly impossible to kill them before they shred you....so stop the whining.
    ::sigh:: .. where to begin ..

heh, "uber newbie twinked" funny how you managed to combine 3 words of RP slang that have complete opposite meanings together like that. I bet you don't even know the difference, heh

Anyway, your reference of "heard you on the chat channels asking for this or that HUGE buff" makes me wonder what kind of armor your character is wearing. Are you wearing some QL 5 Cyber Armor at level 30? There's a reason buffs were spread between classes as how they are, you know. Let me guess, this is your first MMORPG?

"Soldiers still rule PvP, its still nearly impossible to kill them before they shred you....so stop the whining."

No, actually soldiers dont rule in pvp. In fact, since the patch, Soldiers have been the most worthless class in pvp. Since our specials do jack, we're pretty much useless. As I said in my FIRST post, do you realize how weak and pathetic Novaflow hits are? Soldiers are DEAD if their 40% capped specials dont kill you, plain and simple. "so stop the whining" Funny .I'm pretty sure you *****ed and moaned when Aimed Shot and Concealment got nerfed, or when you found out tank armor cost 2x the nano, or when Knight Armor got taken out of the game, etc etc. I'm only stating my mind here, and if you dont want to listen, then dont read this post.

Unhappy :/

"heh, I find this comment really funny. Do you honestly think that Anarchy Online's entire storyline is going to be based around a duel between Garv and Destrux? (Rk1) As I said before, everything, EVERYTHING in this game's story is already predeteremined, no matter who wins in a pvp. "

<g> Not all people "duel" like you do...some people prefer to have an all out war, where tons of people fight tons of people, not just twink vs. twink. This will be the real story.

"Let me guess what your "skill" is in pvp..
    -Do you snare someone and run out of distance so you can shoot them back without getting hit? To me, this is just plain cowardly.
    -Do you get buffs from level 100+ people before dueling? That's no strategy, that's just pathetic.
    -Do you use wall exploits where you can hit the person, yet you cant even be targetted? That's an exploit that shall get you banned.
    -Do you zone in, attack with all you've got, and zone back? You would be even more pathetic than I thought. "

Excuse me, I do not exploit, thx. Some people actually do have skill in pvp. I know it is hard to understand...some people do actually do more than press the q button !

"To be honest, the only skill there is in pvping is the skill to uber out your character. No, Im not saying crap about having a level 100+ character "twink" out your level 30 character, but it's the ability to have and wear things that you normally shouldnt be wearing at your level The ability to wear Elite Armor at level 30 is something to be proud of. Sure, everyone can do it, but only the skilled manage to pull themselves that extra amount to "uber" out their character. "

This is not skill, if you really want the game all about who has the better equipment... again go play eq on one of the pvp servers. Some people do want the game to be fun and do want to fight based on skill, not on who has more friends or who has more money. Sorry.

"Wow, so you managed to kill some Adventerurs and MAs. I'll bet $10 they had no titles and didnt know what the hell they were doing. I'm entirely sure you have lost way more against them than won. And it's funny how you didnt mention doctors and MPs.. "

You just lost $10. The only class I have lost to since the patch is a fixer. I have not fought a doc and I fought an mp, but he was one who beat me pre-patch, and when i saw I was losing, I ran and survived. Thx.

"I'm saying that these classes should be inherently better on the pvp field, it's only common sense. Do you honestly believe that a doctor should keep up with a soldier in dueling? Do you honestly believe that a beurocrat should beat an enforcer? Do you honestly believe an engineer should own an agent? Hell no.
    The only reason this game has the 7 or 8 classes it has is for variety. Sure, a soldier would be fun to play as for maybe a couple months, but you would eventually get bored. Go play a Engineer, they're entirely different. THATS my point."

Yes I honestly believe a doctor should be able to be a soldier. This is a game after all. This is not real life. This is where I think your ignorance comes in... you cannot see that it is a game, and people play a game to have fun, and in order to have fun there has to be a level playing field.

"And your comments around Starcraft are pure ignorance = they are of no relation to this game. Starcraft is baised on dueling with other people, this game is not. This game is revolved around finding groups and leveling up, not killing other players."

ROFL. Every time I bring up this analogy, the 10 year olds say it has no relevance to the game. Poor you, you cannot see it does.

Really Zeth, you seem angry because I rooted and killed you that one time. Let's hold off on the envy, ok?

~MUGGINNS.~

Heh, I remember when me and Muggins rushed a group of clan in Holes in the Wall, they totally weren't expecting it, and we won. Granted - they were ready to pvp, Holes in the Wall was a hotspot in the first few months of AO as a pvp site. I think that's one of the most exciting battles because we went in thinking we were going to lose but instead pull out a victory. Those are the TRUE triumphs in pvp - not twinking your character to hell, but being able to pull of a victory when you honestly believe the odds are stacked against you.

Now, as a higher level character, my martial artist has had a lot of fun chasing after clan in DAV, and being chased down. It's a never-ending cycle, sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the bear gets you.

Re: :/

"<g> Not all people "duel" like you do...some people prefer to have an all out war, where tons of people fight tons of people, not just twink vs. twink. This will be the real story. "

Are you blind? Do you not see the word "predetermined" already listed in two posts?

"Excuse me, I do not exploit, thx. Some people actually do have skill in pvp. I know it is hard to understand...some people do actually do more than press the q button !"

So then, Mr. Bigshot, what exactly is your "skill" ? Funny how you've neglected to mention it.

"This is not skill, if you really want the game all about who has the better equipment... again go play eq on one of the pvp servers. Some people do want the game to be fun and do want to fight based on skill, not on who has more friends or who has more money. Sorry."

And yes, I do believe being have the ability to equip things at your level that normally shouldnt be equiped takes skill, knowledge, effort, and a lot of time. It's not my fault you have none of these traits.

"You just lost $10. The only class I have lost to since the patch is a fixer. I have not fought a doc and I fought an mp, but he was one who beat me pre-patch, and when i saw I was losing, I ran and survived. Thx."

heh, I find your comment about "ran and survived" funny. So you're telling me that one of your pvping "skills" is to run when you're losing? lol
    Here's my point; you couldnt beat a MP prepatch, so you sure as hell cant beat a MP postpatch. And once AGAIN, go fight a doctor.

"Yes I honestly believe a doctor should be able to be a soldier. This is a game after all. This is not real life. This is where I think your ignorance comes in... you cannot see that it is a game, and people play a game to have fun, and in order to have fun there has to be a level playing field. "

And I do believe that you are showing YOUR ignorance in this statement. This game is a MMORPG. Do you know what that stands for? Think about it, smartguy. Can a DOCTOR beat a SOLDIER? If you truely think so, I think you should go play another game and get your head on straight.

"ROFL. Every time I bring up this analogy, the 10 year olds say it has no relevance to the game. Poor you, you cannot see it does."

You call those analogies? You're stating an entirely different game and you somehow think that it's completely parallel to this game. Like I said before, go play another game and get your head on straight. And calling me 10 years old, yeah, that's mature, heh.

"Really Zeth, you seem angry because I rooted and killed you that one time. Let's hold off on the envy, ok?"

heh, to be honest, I dont even remember seeing you in-game even once, let alone dueling you. Funny though, since I can still attack you if I'm rooted thanks to my LLTS. Nice excuse though,

PvP dmg cap

Just wanted to add in that Diablo 2 has a cap of 25% normal dmg during pvp fights, mostly due to twinking.

Re: Reply

Originally posted by Zeth

::sigh:: .. where to begin ..

heh, "uber newbie twinked" funny how you managed to combine 3 words of RP slang that have complete opposite meanings together like that. I bet you don't even know the difference, heh

Anyway, your reference of "heard you on the chat channels asking for this or that HUGE buff" makes me wonder what kind of armor your character is wearing. Are you wearing some QL 5 Cyber Armor at level 30? There's a reason buffs were spread between classes as how they are, you know. Let me guess, this is your first MMORPG?

"Soldiers still rule PvP, its still nearly impossible to kill them before they shred you....so stop the whining."

No, actually soldiers dont rule in pvp. In fact, since the patch, Soldiers have been the most worthless class in pvp. Since our specials do jack, we're pretty much useless. As I said in my FIRST post, do you realize how weak and pathetic Novaflow hits are? Soldiers are DEAD if their 40% capped specials dont kill you, plain and simple. "so stop the whining" Funny .I'm pretty sure you *****ed and moaned when Aimed Shot and Concealment got nerfed, or when you found out tank armor cost 2x the nano, or when Knight Armor got taken out of the game, etc etc. I'm only stating my mind here, and if you dont want to listen, then dont read this post.
    ...I can do the "where to begin" as well...

uber = extremely powerful, to the extent of being a jerk about it.
    newbie = either new to game, or very low level
    twink = a person (by whatever means) who has equipment higher than they could possibly wear (use) on their own.

uber newbie twink = powerful lowlevel player who has excellent equipment...and is a jerk about it.

Interestingly enough...I'm level 105...so no I don't think I'm wearing cyber armor at all...much less QL 5 =P. My point about your requests in shopping channels was you claim many times that you are not "twinked", however any outside assistance = twinked.

Sorry that you have to take an extra shot now, instead of killing with just specials. Trust me...if I had my way...my 10k Aimed shot would blow yer head off every time...and I wouldn't have to worry about tactics. Nova Flows are some of the highest Damage per Second weapons in the game....do some math. Also, with that Nova...you can take someone down to 20% health instantly. How is that "unfair" to soldiers?

For the record...I've played Dragonrealms, Ultima Online, Terris, GemstoneIII, Everquest, Asheron's Call...so I guess Anarchy Online is "my" first experience with PvP. Not.

-Fed
    Last edited by Federot; Nov 25th, 2001 at 00:33:44.

What is so ****ing wrong with uber twinking?? The possibility is there, so why not use it? Ppl spend time into that stuff, and think it is fun, if you want to compete with them, why dont you twink a little yourself?
    NT phone HOME!!

"So then, Mr. Bigshot, what exactly is your "skill" ? Funny how you've neglected to mention it. "

Skill in picking targets I choose to fight. Skill in being able to evade griefers and uber-twinks (such as yourself.) Skill in being able to beat 4-5 people over the matter of 30 minutes with effort. (No I am not talking about store camping, burst killing, grid camping, or any of the other tactics one such as yourself would use- I am talking about luring people away from their group, cutting them off then killing them, without the group knowing.)

"And yes, I do believe being have the ability to equip things at your level that normally shouldnt be equiped takes skill, knowledge, effort, and a lot of time. It's not my fault you have none of these traits. "

I know how to over-equip. I choose not to because it un-balances my pvp and makes it not fun. Deliberately doing this makes you a griefer. If no one can lay a hand on you, and you do normal hits for almost half their hit points, there is something obviously wrong.

"heh, I find your comment about "ran and survived" funny. So you're telling me that one of your pvping "skills" is to run when you're losing? lol "

Yes this is a skill. Something you wouldn't know about.

"And I do believe that you are showing YOUR ignorance in this statement. This game is a MMORPG. Do you know what that stands for? Think about it, smartguy. Can a DOCTOR beat a SOLDIER? If you truely think so, I think you should go play another game and get your head on straight"

Where does it say that Doctors are not better than Soldiers in rubi-ka? Why do you think they have nukes, dots, and heals ? It says on the official page they can defend themself if need be, go look it up during your naptime, it's there.

"You call those analogies? You're stating an entirely different game and you somehow think that it's completely parallel to this game. Like I said before, go play another game and get your head on straight. And calling me 10 years old, yeah, that's mature, heh. "

Again you miss the point :/

"heh, to be honest, I dont even remember seeing you in-game even once, let alone dueling you. Funny though, since I can still attack you if I'm rooted thanks to my LLTS. Nice excuse though, "

I think you do, you were the one at 25% health. I do not duel, so you wouldn't remember me dueling you. I just rooted you and shot you to death as you looked around. Then you sent me a tell, "You are on my sh!t list." without the !, because you lost! I remember you also shouting stuff about me being a coward because I would not "duel" you. Funny stuff. <g>

~MUGGINNS.~

lol

Originally posted by Mugginns
    "So then, Mr. Bigshot, what exactly is your "skill" ? Funny how you've neglected to mention it. "

Skill in picking targets I choose to fight. Skill in being able to evade griefers and uber-twinks (such as yourself.) Skill in being able to beat 4-5 people over the matter of 30 minutes with effort. (No I am not talking about store camping, burst killing, grid camping, or any of the other tactics one such as yourself would use- I am talking about luring people away from their group, cutting them off then killing them, without the group knowing.)

"And yes, I do believe being have the ability to equip things at your level that normally shouldnt be equiped takes skill, knowledge, effort, and a lot of time. It's not my fault you have none of these traits. "

I know how to over-equip. I choose not to because it un-balances my pvp and makes it not fun. Deliberately doing this makes you a griefer. If no one can lay a hand on you, and you do normal hits for almost half their hit points, there is something obviously wrong.

"heh, I find your comment about "ran and survived" funny. So you're telling me that one of your pvping "skills" is to run when you're losing? lol "

Yes this is a skill. Something you wouldn't know about.

"And I do believe that you are showing YOUR ignorance in this statement. This game is a MMORPG. Do you know what that stands for? Think about it, smartguy. Can a DOCTOR beat a SOLDIER? If you truely think so, I think you should go play another game and get your head on straight"

Where does it say that Doctors are not better than Soldiers in rubi-ka? Why do you think they have nukes, dots, and heals ? It says on the official page they can defend themself if need be, go look it up during your naptime, it's there.

"You call those analogies? You're stating an entirely different game and you somehow think that it's completely parallel to this game. Like I said before, go play another game and get your head on straight. And calling me 10 years old, yeah, that's mature, heh. "

Again you miss the point :/

"heh, to be honest, I dont even remember seeing you in-game even once, let alone dueling you. Funny though, since I can still attack you if I'm rooted thanks to my LLTS. Nice excuse though, "

I think you do, you were the one at 25% health. I do not duel, so you wouldn't remember me dueling you. I just rooted you and shot you to death as you looked around. Then you sent me a tell, "You are on my sh!t list." without the !, because you lost! I remember you also shouting stuff about me being a coward because I would not "duel" you. Funny stuff. <g>

~MUGGINNS.~
    Alright, from the information gathered here, I can simply imply that you're nothing but a backstabbing rooting exploiting running ganker? Yeah, that about sums it up.

From this, I can imply that, with your point of view "No, I wont duel you because I might lose against you because you're better then me. But, I would rather wait until you're already in a duel so I can jump in and gank you at 25% health." But, it continues. "If you somehow make a comeback though, and start hitting me while my gank fails, I'm going to run with my tail between my legs."

lol, this clears up a lot of things. I knew you were being vague for a reason.::sigh:: I knew you were a big talker from the beginning. Too bad you dont have strong facts to back yourself up; and thus, make all of your points strickly invalid. You dont duel. You dont pvp. You only root, gank, run, and backstab, all of which are not "dueling". So please, stop posting here, and let all the REAL duelers post in wth their input.

twinking

Originally posted by Garzu
    What is so ****ing wrong with uber twinking?? The possibility is there, so why not use it? Ppl spend time into that stuff, and think it is fun, if you want to compete with them, why dont you twink a little yourself?
    Nothing wrong with it in my book Garzu...my point was that Zeth blatantly denies being a "twinked" character many times over. I think perhaps since he feels it is his "main" character that he can not possibly be twinked. My main who is level 105 is twinked...over-equipped...buffed, whatever word you want to use now-a-days. Besides, he {Zeth} wishes to fight language battles, using casually defined words.

-Fed
    Last edited by Federot; Nov 25th, 2001 at 10:31:54.

Re: lol

Alright, from the information gathered here, I can simply imply that you're nothing but a backstabbing rooting exploiting running ganker? Yeah, that about sums it up.

Rooting is a valid PvP tactic, it really cracks me up when any class whines about being rooted in PvP. I don't condone ganking/exploiting (more of those made up words), however just because someone roots and shoots you does not mean they are gankers or exploiters.

-Fed

PvP = Worthless

I feel as if this thread is going off-topc, with little debaits that are sidetracking the main subject. To put it back on course, I will copy and paste my post found in another pvp'ing conflict thread -

"Over equiping on PvM is fine!"
    "Over equiping on PvP pre 75 is the devil's work!"
    "Over equiping on PvP post 75 is fine!"

Why the hell would it be fine to over equip on Mobs and after level 75, yet not before 75? That's just plain stupid.

Alright, if you're so content about EVERYTING having its place in this game, and over equiping throwing everything off the norm, think about the mob's perspective. The mob's thinking, "wow, this player is uber equipped, and he's grey to me. I think I might die" Well then good, YOU DID YOUR JOB. This reflects EVERY PERSON, not just the mobs.

Think about it, will you? As far as PvP goes, it's all survival of the fitest. Only the strong survive. Have you heard of these quotes before? I'm sure you have.

No one is FORCING you to PvP, you just make that stupid ignorant decision when you step inside the 25% zone with your QL 5 Cyber Armor on expecting a win.

What Sandrix said, I couldnt have said it better myself. Buff your character to duel. Uber your character to his full potential. You deserve your uber-ness and player killing ability with all the time and effort you put into your character.

But now, thanks to this latest patch, everyone hits for ****, a level 75 Doc/Mp/MA can beat a level 150 Enforcer, Soldier, etc AND THIS ISNT RIGHT.

This goes out to all Funcom officials :
    There was never this much disgust and hatred over PvP since the patch was implimented. You are NOT making your paying customers happy. Change the PvP system back to how it was, where the inheret PvP classes were SUPPOSE to win PvP rounds, not because they cant heal.
    The entire idea of 40% cap'ed specials is absurd. You're telling me that level 200 Soldier, with a QL 200 Flashpoint, is going to FA some level 75 Fixer for 300 damage? THIS MAKES NO SENSE. MAs and Enforcers should be upset the most. Their Dimach hits as hard as their Brawls, and cycles every half our. Once again, THIS MAKES NO SENSE.
    Damage only being done at 50%? Why? So the duels will last longer? Duels were fine how they were, lasting 10-15 seconds, EXACTLY HOW LONG A SOLO AGAINST A MOB WOULD BE.
    Range? Why deconstruct range? Everything was perfect how it was.

PLEASE FUNCOM, CHANGE THE PVP BACK TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS, WHERE THE INHERET DUELING PROFESSIONS ACTUALLY WON THEIR DUELS.

If not, please, PLEASE give us some word as how your PvP is going to be finalized. I want to know if I should delete my level 80 Soldier right now and make a PvPing Doc or MP.

Re: PvP = Worthless

But now, thanks to this latest patch, everyone hits for ****, a level 75 Doc/Mp/MA can beat a level 150 Enforcer, Soldier, etc AND THIS ISNT RIGHT.

This goes out to all Funcom officials :
    There was never this much disgust and hatred over PvP since the patch was implimented. You are NOT making your paying customers happy. Change the PvP system back to how it was, where the inheret PvP classes were SUPPOSE to win PvP rounds, not because they cant heal.
    The entire idea of 40% cap'ed specials is absurd. You're telling me that level 200 Soldier, with a QL 200 Flashpoint, is going to FA some level 75 Fixer for 300 damage? THIS MAKES NO SENSE. MAs and Enforcers should be upset the most. Their Dimach hits as hard as their Brawls, and cycles every half our. Once again, THIS MAKES NO SENSE.
    Damage only being done at 50%? Why? So the duels will last longer? Duels were fine how they were, lasting 10-15 seconds, EXACTLY HOW LONG A SOLO AGAINST A MOB WOULD BE.
    Range? Why deconstruct range? Everything was perfect how it was.

PLEASE FUNCOM, CHANGE THE PVP BACK TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS, WHERE THE INHERET DUELING PROFESSIONS ACTUALLY WON THEIR DUELS.

If not, please, PLEASE give us some word as how your PvP is going to be finalized. I want to know if I should delete my level 80 Soldier right now and make a PvPing Doc or MP.

I totally agree with this, and I am NT. I admit it was not fun to be instakilled now and then, but i could live with it, i had range, which gave me a fair chance if i was out of opponents range. I had an advantage out of range, a disadvantage inside range. Now i cant kill anything except greys, cause dmg is halved, and its impossible to kill healers and stand toe to toe with any weapon profession. I never had any specials, but I think PvP was much more balanced before patch. Btw its stupid to say an Adv should be able to outdmg an NT or soldier so they can win a fight, now they simply out heal us. This new PvP "balance" sucks bigtime.
    NT phone HOME!!

:/

Yes Funcom ! Please bring back one shot kills, boring pvp, and make it the soldier/agent/enforcer game ! I WANT TO PLAY THAT GAME. Since I am a fixer, I deserve to be killed by all the aforementioned classes, simply because they chose that profession when they started their twink!

~MUGGINNS.~

Ok, time for me to change my opinion a bit.

"I" personally still find NT's and Soldiers some of the hardest opponents in PvP. This is mainly due to the QL 200 Nova flows that nearly every Soldier I fight seems to have now, and the 500-1000 damage per nano that I get hit with. NT's (and casters in general) can cast 1000 times faster than I can fire, because Nano init gives a much larger reduction in casting time than my Ranged init gives to firing speed.

Because I am an Agent, I also do not have the healing abilities that many professions have. I fought an Adventurer (Blastbark) and was only able knock off a quarter of his life before he simply healed back to full. Blastbark is very close to my level...yet he wasted me easily. I have also fought Enforcers near my level...still not a chance for me. I don't really care if people claim that Agents are good at PvP...this may be true, but only at very low levels with very high QL rifles. After 100th, that high level rifle quickly loses its edge.

Agents have completely lost Aimed Shot as the killer attack, and a simple Fling shot does the same amount. However, most weapons used by Soldiers have multiple specials (automatic advantage).

In conclusion, I agree with both Zeth and Garzu about PvP being unbalanced the the wrong direction now, however I would like you both to look how badly the "other" non-healing/non-pet class {Agent} is faring.

-Fed

Mugginns.

Mugginns, I got one thing to say to you.

If you don't like PvP, then get your rooting, ganking, exploiting, running Fixer ass out of all the 25% and 0% zones instead of *****ing and whining about it.

(this does, of course, reflect back to prepatch, when everything in PvP was NORMAL)

Bear in mind this.

People whine about DOCS, and TRADERs, and MP's being killing machines. Why not?

This doc, is NOT your every day doc that you go to see when you have a throat infection!

He has a Shotgun! He is specialized in evil destructive damage doc nanos! (DoT's) He knows how to take damage, and negate it quickly!

If mp's weren't supposed to engage in combat, WHY do you think they have ATTACK pets? And Summon WEAPONS?

The only people whining about this patch are the ones that could instakill with 0% risk. (soldiers, concealed agents, NT's out of range)

Now that everyone has a chance, they are up in arms.
    Hell. I am an enforcer. I was able to insta kill people prepatch. I still welcome this change because of the benefits it brings from the game.

And it's not hard to see that the vocal minority are the ones speaking up about this issue. Thre is no possible way that you can argue that having almost every class being viable in pvp (now) as opposed to 3 or maybe 4 before, is a bad thing.

And if funcom honestly thought it was in the best interests of the game to have 3 uber pvp classes, and noone else apply, they wouldn't have changed it the way they did.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast