Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pet Warp command and PvP balance issues?

Originally posted by XtremTech
    2) /pet warp should wipe the pet's hatelist and any standing commands
    As for #2, we already have a command that wipes the pet hatelist. Pretty easy to make a script that warps your pet and then clear it's hatelist.
    If i ever start playing my mp again, i imagine the option of warping my pet w/o clearing it's standing commands would be useful at times.

/Buurn

Buurn,

both of your statements are right of course - it would be nice to have. But you're missing the point here a little. Part of this process is to find a way of implementing /pet warp that FC will see as unchallenging and balanced. By doing so we hope to get it implemented at all....

Let's remember - FC has known about the calls for a /pet warp for well over 8 months. Pet Pathing has been FCs #1 issue for 4 months... and yet we have no /pet warp in the game. Part of the reason for this is that there are perceived balancing issues with a straight /pet warp.

One of these issues is that hiding a pet and suddenly warping it to yourself is seen as being unbalancing. In FC's opinion, pets are supposed to be visible and not hideable - this is why FC has consistently refused calls to make pets hide with their owners using 'conceal'. There have been official FC statements to this effect. FC will not at this time implement a system that would allow pet owners to hide their pets and suddenly reveal them in battle.

If we want to get /pet warp to fix missioning, getting them up hills, dungeon play etc etc then we have to find a way of implementing it that will not allow us to hide our pets despite them being next to us.

It's not as if we're losing anything! We can't do this now.

Same goes for the hatelist issue. Yes! It would be really beneficial to MPs in some situations to warp them without wiping the hatelist... but precisely these situations are the ones that FC will be wanting to avoid.

Let's try to get a basic /pet warp working so that the 90% of pet owners' time that is spent XPing can be productive again and then perhaps worry about the 0.05% of the time when being able to warp a pet in wait-mode or with its hatelist in tact might be useful....

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

I'm glad Xtrem explains the reason behind #4, It seemed a bit foggy to me in the beginning.

Of course I'm in for a /pet warp, and I'd like it to clear hatelist 'cause:
    Example, I send my pet off to attack Master Clan Lasersniper on the other side of an obstacle, pet runs off and proptly gets stuck.
    I do /pet warp and pet's right next to me. Now the hatelist matters, if hatelist isn't wiped, Master Clan Lasersniper is still on hetalist, and pet is off to kill him again. This causes it to promptly to get stuck on same obstacle.
    If hatelist is wiped, I can sidestep and make clear LOS between pet and mob, and then make an succesfull attack (pet reaches mob and begin hitting it).

In pvp, I'm in for wiping the hatelist too. Take tower wars, I put pet on Random Drity Clanner and off it goes. It reaches and (suprise!) kills Clanner, during that fight, it got attacked by a tower and adds Tower to its hatelist.
    After I see Clanner go down, I warp pet to get ready for another strike. If hatelist is cleared, pet stays next to me and all is good.
    If not, pet instantly runs off to attack the Tower and might get lost

Thanks for raising a constructive debate over this much sought-after command, Xtrem.
    Maimgara - Supreme Creator, The Renaissance - RK2
    [Thedeacon]: As for the "high level n00b" part....Hey, I don't care if they level up....puts them in pvp range quicker.

Buurn,

both of your statements are right of course - it would be nice to have. But you're missing the point here a little. Part of this process is to find a way of implementing /pet warp that FC will see as unchallenging and balanced. By doing so we hope to get it implemented at all....

Let's remember - FC has known about the calls for a /pet warp for well over 8 months. Pet Pathing has been FCs #1 issue for 4 months... and yet we have no /pet warp in the game. Part of the reason for this is that there are perceived balancing issues with a straight /pet warp.

One of these issues is that hiding a pet and suddenly warping it to yourself is seen as being unbalancing. In FC's opinion, pets are supposed to be visible and not hideable - this is why FC has consistently refused calls to make pets hide with their owners using 'conceal'. There have been official FC statements to this effect. FC will not at this time implement a system that would allow pet owners to hide their pets and suddenly reveal them in battle.
    Good to know that the communication between FC and the professionals is already working this well.

I always assumed that the reason why pet warping hasn't been implemented is because FC still belive they can fix pet pathing, but never got around to trying thanks to nw/item reinbursement being more important.

It's funcom's game, and if they truly consider this an issue, i guess you guys will just have to take their ****. My opinion is that this limitation (your point #4) is more unbalancing than leaving it out. But, as i don't play my mp anymore, i don't mind being able to charge in and **** you guys when i see you without a pet.

/Buurn
    __
    And i'll stop trolling in this thread now.

, i don't mind being able to charge in and **** you guys when i see you without a pet.
    lol... no solidarity with your fellow preists of before?????

We're still working hard to persuade FC to give us a way of hiding both us and our pets. We think it's unbalancing not being able to conceal the pets too!

Still it's more likely to come from an investment in skill than simply telling a pet to wait somewhere and warping it. THere's always a cost to a new ability somewhere these days.....

My personal preference would be towards having our Conceal skill be used so that when we hid, the pets did too. At worst, I suppose having to have higher concealing skill to hide myself and my pets would be acceptable. As issues like this come up, we tend to discuss them thoroughly in the MP board though and the professionals then represent the overall board view rather than their personal preferences.

Sometimes, as here, we step outside to guage a more general viewpoint. This thread has been excellent so far.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Re: Pet Warp command and PvP balance issues?

• If pet owners had a command that allowed them to manually bring their pet to them in order to work around the problems of pet pathing, would this disturb PvP play? If so, what restrictions or limits do you think might be suitable to remove those objections?

X
    Since noone shoot the pet i dont see how that could disturb anything, pets dont disturb anyone anyway, rooted or not so...
    Infamine 200 soljah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12