Thread: Technical or maturity problem?

Technical or maturity problem?

After doing quite a lot of PvP, mostly Newland and 2hO, I feel I must say this. Too many people are cheating in some way or the other. Often (after annihilating my sorry ass) they brag about HOW they managed to exploit themselves all the way to a nice title. I mean, "word on the street" has it that (to name two) Dark Carnival and Clan Storm house some of the biggest exploiters in AO. No wonder they do so good in PvP... (Jep, I WILL get angry answers to this. Remember folks, they're not ALL rotten apples. Lots of decent players there too!)

Why is it, that so many of the people I meet in PvP act in a way that can only be attributed to minors? Sure, not all, but too darn many. I guess it's because the older folks has left the "first person shooter"-mentality behind. AO is actually a ROLEPLAYING game. I know, it's shocking news for some of you (why do all the REALLY immature ones have to be clanners? Gives us a bad rep).

I strongly wish for a nice patching, one that will force a check of stats whenever you try to use a weapon/nano or have armour equipped. If you don't got what it takes, the item should go into inventory. No more silly über-twinking. Simple.

And for heavens sake, do something (oh sweet FC) about the MP's. They are WAY too good to be true. Is it a series of funny mistakes? Do FC think that MP's NEED to be totally über? Only the future will tell...

Angry LOL

Funny you should mention this. There I was, flying back to the grid in MMD to relax in Tir and logout. I overshoot the grid point a bit, and before I can turn around... 2....1 PvP grace period has ended - Attacked by Wowow. 3-4 hits was all it took...why? Well, I was completely unbuffed and at 75%hp. Oh yeah, the NT that attacked me was lvl153 compared to my lvl88 MA, yipee! No xp loss and certainly no shame from getting killed like that. Just frustration and a time delay.

For those who think that I should have been fully buffed and loaded to "dare step into a 25% gas zone" for what might be 1-2 secs of exposure, well I have to just disagree in advance.

The funny part of it is, it was a member of The Dark Carnival, which, until this point, has struck me as a mature and respectable Omni Faction (if there is/was one). Apparently my impressions were wrong and I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Maybe posting this will shed light on the fact that this faction has at least one Grid Camping Griefer, and will reflect poorly. One can only hope. Everytime something on Rubi Ka kills this person, a little part of me will be happy

---

Side Note: I think everyone can agree that we all desire more players in our RPG. I think everyone can agree that these types of tactics are not only rude, but pretty frustrating and can only serve to drive people away from this game. Enough said.

Monrakashi, were you in the pvp zone for 1 or 2 seconds, or was it the full 15 seconds until the grace period expired?

It wasn't one of those supposed "grace period bugs", about .0001 second after the grace period was up "Attacked by Wowow". I'm not claiming exploit here, just generally >WEAK< (weak adj. - deficient in strength or unconvincing).

Wowow's tactics = weak. Wowow also = TDC. Therefore TDC = weak. Interesting how an individual can reflect on an entire group huh?

Summary of Wowow's play time: Sit in Meetmedere, barely in the 75% gas, concentrate fully on the map, hope to be able to tab the white incoming dot, "red ugh". "yellow, no thanks", "green, nah there is still a chance I may lose", "grey!! and 70 levels below me!! q, q, q, q, q, q, q, q, q, q, q, q, q, q, perfect, she overshot the grid!!" "I killed a grey! I = win" No, you = greifer.

Repeat and add nauseum. Is there a study on finding new ways of being bored? Some sort of Omni Psych. term paper titled "How to take enjoyment from anybody I can, as a means to be a Freshman"? I could obviously go on for days about this, but I'll spare everyone the rant.

just a comment, I am an old guy, I like pvp

when your grace is up EXPECT to be attacked, going into a 25% zone unbuffed with 75% health is , by your definition "weak"

(weak adj. - deficient in strength or unconvincing).
    sounds like you were quite "deficient in strength"
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

ya gotta hate the guys who terget you and just bang on thier keyboard till the timer hits 2..1..0! and the fact there is no cap after 75 is just silly... i was destroyied by a lvl 162 today
    im lvl 78

it was just plain silly

ya gotta hate the guys who terget you and just bang on thier keyboard till the timer hits 2..1..0!
    A while back there was no grace period at all. People complained (rightly so) that they could blindly be attacked the instant that they crossed into a 25% or 0%.

Now there's a 15 second grace period (great, IMHO) and people are complaining that you get attacked right after it's over.

Of course you are going to get attacked right after the 15 seconds are over, you should expect it! Come on, man!

Do you really expect people to wait MORE than the 15 seconds? That's why the 15 seconds are there.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I use my 15 seconds to tab and see who's there and jump back into the grid if needed. I figure if I can't make a decent apprasial of the situation in that time, then I deserve to become maggot food. PS I love level 76's. MMMM squishy treats!

PS I had to deal with it to, welcome to post 75.

Originally posted by Kaerem

Now there's a 15 second grace period (great, IMHO) and people are complaining that you get attacked right after it's over.

Of course you are going to get attacked right after the 15 seconds are over, you should expect it! Come on, man!

Do you really expect people to wait MORE than the 15 seconds? That's why the 15 seconds are there.
    The problem as I see it is that some people(not me, atleast not yet) have not fully loaded even with the 15 seconds delay. It frustraded the hell outta me yesterday when I was teaming with a friend, and I zoned into zones 5-8 seconds faster than him.

Next point. It's 15 seconds server time. Some people don't know that the 15 second timer counting on their screen is inaccurate. Therefore some people see that as cheating or a not good enough implementation.

I recently decided to try my hand at PvP. Since it's an important aspect of the game and when one of my chars reach past 75 I want to be semi prepared.

So I made an enforcer twink, at lvl 16 I managed to put in ql 50-52 implants(I hate that some implants end up higher ql than you bought.) I've currently squeezed on a ql44 beam(will either squeeze into a ql 54 beam or ql 68 Hammer later). Grated my armor is not completely up to date(about ql 30) but as soon as I get a complete set of ql38 organic I will put it on.

My experience so far? I no longer consider my char a twink. I constantly see people same lvl or so with armor coat and I do barerly min damage. It is insane what people have managed to put on. Whenever I see someone in a coat I know I will loose, if they have a freshman title, they usually have an external buff going(sorry, no solitus has that much hp.) The worst part is that some of them don't even hide that they get external buffs. One got a hp buff form an enforcer right before my eyes before fighting me. I personally consider this cheating, but oh well.

The worst part is people who helps, either by heals, or by casting friendly nanos to fillup someones ncus. I had that happen to me on several occations.

When I win against someone how is higher lvl and seems to be somewhat twinked(coats and or freshman title) I feel fairly good about myself. When I win against someone without a title and it's a very one sided match. I feel sorry for the guy. Not fun to be beat down like that without a chance.

So what to do? Well, first of all I think I will wait until my doc friend can cast treatment +80, and then use str/sta implants, IC + essence to put on armor way above my lvl. Think I will be able to get about ql50 armor on and maybe a coat. In addition try to get external buffs before a fight.

Oh, well.. .Enough rants for today. Sorry I went off on a tangent...
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

Originally posted by Iceman109
    ya gotta hate the guys who terget you and just bang on thier keyboard till the timer hits 2..1..0! and the fact there is no cap after 75 is just silly... i was destroyied by a lvl 162 today
    im lvl 78

it was just plain silly
    quit whining, they stated that they dont want level restrictions, but the early ones are for people to learn the pvp ropes. Apparently you didnt learn them. "you gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, and know when to run"

(omg, did I just quote kenny rogers! *shudder*)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

hehe...I can't remember who posted it because it was not too long after release and it said it best...(it was an AO representative though)

"Before level 75 you are a n00b"

if you're 76...welcome to the real world kid...hope you learned something before you got here...