Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black doors in missions ...

The only workarounds Ive tried succesfully:

1) Dont use uber run buffs in missions

2) SLOW DOWN

This is a way to get people to slow the hell down in missions.

Geez you gonna have a heart attack before you're old enough to know what one is :P

Post Black doors = no xp reward?

Yesterday had a team where the mission holder contracted the black door disease. He rebooted and we proceeded to finish the mission. We received no xp reward. No message...nothing. I've rebooted many times in a mission before and never had this happen. I was told by several team members that this happens often in teams they are in.

Any confirmation on this from youse guys?
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

Black doors - finally seen them

I only have one thing to say about the black doors, stuck mobs, ongoing damage, inability to heal or recharge, or cast that I saw last night

AAARRRRGGGGG

ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Originally posted by Emiko_MoK

2) SLOW DOWN

Geez you gonna have a heart attack before you're old enough to know what one is :P
    I agree 100% but actually getting people to slow the hell down is something else, everyone is too much in a hurry these days :/

I've had this happen to me more, lately.

Usually it's fixed itself. It was a lifesaver once, was getting beaten up, went running for the door, got warped back half a dozen rooms (oh ****), then running around a couple of black doors looking for the exit (couldn't find it). Got healed up a bit (mobs must have lost target). Suddenly zoned, for some reason. Healed up, went back in, found the other mob (one had died, from me wailing on it from who knows how many rooms away), killed it.

Last night was odd. At one point, got warped back about one meter, four times, in the space of about five seconds. Then hit a section with all black doors. Actually managed to run through some, and map out some more of the mission. Couldn't find any mobs though. Some doors I couldn't run through, some I could. I couldn't find any area with doors, and couldn't reach the mission exit, and couldn't find anything to kill, so eventually I sat and logged.

That fixed things up. Fortunately, there were no mobs in the room that I logged out in. There were three, however, in one room that I had explored (a big room with one of those fences, and about five black doors). Lucky I didn't log out there
    My Main - Actionpete of the Red Tigers

And with one sweeping blow, Letah pwns everyone. :-D - Razishlyat, Nano Regen rate

The Shadowlands Perk System - "Are you feeling perky yet?"

On the Shadowlands Perk System:-
    Originally posted by OneChrisN
    Frankly we don't know anyting about it other that it's there and Enforcers can kick people in the nuts.

Originally posted by Emiko_MoK

2) SLOW DOWN

lol

i havent play with my little n00bs the last weeks, but a few weeks ago i experenced black doors several times in lvl30ish missions in borealis. this wihtout any runbuffs, so its not entirly connected to speed.
    it happens most often when you have standed still and start running, you run a little and enter sneak mode, and occasionaly when you run longer distances.

So what you actually need to do is to not move at all

Rubberbanding occurs in sneak mode too. Nothing to do with runbuffs there, heh.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

god this is a problem.. almost every mission i get black doors i rubber band all the time and the lag is now getting worse then ever... why?
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

incentive to hunt outside maybe..
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Lol i want to do missions till i get my damn 1k token board and lmao if FC actually did this on purpose cause that is the stupidest thing ever.
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12