Thread: Can't complete mission - LAND control area INSIDE!

Can't complete mission - LAND control area INSIDE!

ROlled a mision in SFH yesterday - don't have exact coords but it is just NE from SFH 7L fixergrid exit, 2xxx-7xx if I recall - the area has a Birm Land Control - unoccupied message tagged to it. Large yellow rocky outcropping.

After entering the mission, I continued to occasionally get the same land Control area Birm messages. It was a pick-up item mission, not return type - when I got the item, nothing happened.

I tried dropping it, picking it up again, rezoning, gridding and returning, logging and relogging both in and outside mission, dropping and repicking up item every time and nothing worked. I logged after a few hours and again dropped the item and proceeded to kill all the mobs (I had blitzed it the 1st time) and after 15min the place was clear but my pick-up item had apparently timed out and disappeared...which I should have expected but didn't think of lol.

My 2 petitions "timed out" because I apparently have to remain in-game for more than 3 hours for FC to get to me...

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this? The mission has obviously timed out since and I don't mind rolling up another nano...so I'm not looking for recourse.
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

Hmm, that's a new twist. When you were outside the mission dropping the item and picking it up, did you ever try it outside the land control area?

Here's another possibility. Did you have any other keys in your inventory? I'm wondering if you were in a previously expired mission by mistake.

Or maybe it was a team mission and you weren't the mission holder?

Or, um... any chance it could have been a "return item" mission instead of a "find item" mission?
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops