Thread: auto pilot for yahlms

auto pilot for yahlms

Wouldn't it be nice to have an auto pilot for your yahlm?

Just think you can set it on auto pilot and it would go directly to the insurance terminal you hd saved at. this would give you time for a Nature break or a smoke.

Ofcourse it would have to go through zones at times, but if you zoned it should just keep on going till it reached its destination.

What do you guys think?

Ive wished I had that many of times while flying long distance, may be more difficult now if towers do attack you.
    But i dont know much about NW's.

Ahh yes, i can see it now....

/me cues the wavy lines

Getting stuck on trees, getting stuck on mountains and rocks. Last minute fails that causes it to over shoot the mission or wherever your going.

It would be a good idea, but if its anything like pet pathing, it'll blow... hard.

-Slick
    Slickblue - 131 2he enforcer rk1

Anyone else feel like blitzing their office for the paycheck?

My Woman

notice: GAHH! I hate typos, so this is a pre-edit note, if its edited, then UBER MASTER TYPO KING Slickblue has done it again.. :/

Towers attack you?? Emm, how low do you fly? I always go as high as I can.

Yeah auto would be nice, or that you continue "self running" after a zone change. I have often left the room and let my Yalm fly on its own in the right direction, but when I come back it has zoned and has stoped.

FYI you auto run button is 0 on your numpad...

heh ive gotten so used to just pressing enter while pressing the forward key, and just letting it run that I never thought twice about an actual key that does it for you. ;p
    Slickblue - 131 2he enforcer rk1

Anyone else feel like blitzing their office for the paycheck?

My Woman

notice: GAHH! I hate typos, so this is a pre-edit note, if its edited, then UBER MASTER TYPO KING Slickblue has done it again.. :/

I hold alt to lock movement, but remember that hitting num0 doesn't allow you to lock backwards or left or right strafe and turn.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Lightbulb

What about setting way-points and just making the Yalm avoid obstacles? Maybe inputing co-ordinates? I like both in case you don't know the co-ordinates.

They already have difficulty with 2D pathing can you imagine with 3D ?
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

sounds like an idea for an upcoming booster pack

Assuming you can actually equip a stiletto, they already do this.
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

Originally posted by Evil "Evilspork" Spork
    Assuming you can actually equip a stiletto, they already do this.
    What can they do?

Originally posted by StumpJumper
    What about setting way-points and just making the Yalm avoid obstacles? Maybe inputing co-ordinates? I like both in case you don't know the co-ordinates.

This! Pay attention, man!
    Hi.

Uh.. for those of us that don't have them.... explain this function pls....

being a twit

Dont worry about "Evilspork's" post
    you cant, he's being a twit

you are not able to input Cords and waypoints into your yalm flight path.

Would be nice though

I'd be happy enough if they'd just impliment the numpad '5' key leveling you out, the way it does your view when you've moused it around in non-yalm form.

You can mouse around your view in Yalm also so the numpad 5 key does lvl your view to your yalm. Now that 129 is the ceiling just point Yalm slightly above horizon or just hit F9 a couple of times to make sure you are not descending.