Thread: Chat text color customization is patched

Cool Chat text color customization is patched

you can now set the colours of chat channels in a text file (this only affects what you see)
    Was added in the next patch notes.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Red face ha

great .... ,)

lol, good thing vertical movement is not visual, otherwise i would look like the mad man i am while searchin a piece of background where i can decipher the data in front of me ..... ,)
    tradeskillz ?

Halidor

Re: ha

Originally posted by Fazun
    great .... ,)

lol, good thing vertical movement is not visual, otherwise i would look like the mad man i am while searchin a piece of background where i can decipher the data in front of me ..... ,)
    what??

Yea, what the #$%# are u talking about?
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

White text against a bright sky, I assume.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

eheheh

yep, don't know if i'm color-blind or just smoke too much ... ,)

but i.e. i can't read any text when i'm in a shop ..... i then have to look into the wall or ceiling (when in 1person view) so there is more contrast between the chat-text and background ...

i also have to do this in the newland desert ....

needless to say i don't have the slightest idea what my bot is doin durin fights ..... i just know he *is* doin somethin .....

yeah and all this makes my avatar in-game turn left and right in some real strange way .... ,)
    tradeskillz ?

Some backgrounds i cant read any text..like that bright bright white in the longest road dungeon...

I ofen swivel around and face the wall to read things and Im not colour blind..the lack of contrast makes it impossible to read..just make the background customisable as well please
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

cool

does this mean I don't have to put up with all the retards who think thier spam is more important than everyone elses and make macros containing 6 different colors?
    or how about the ahole who thinks it's a good idea to make his pets name (and the subsequent damage reports) the same red as the text informing you that you are being attacked.

hope so.

Lightbulb Unable to read text messages

I used to have that problem while wearing my Night Vision Goggles, see if you are wearing yours and if so remove tham, it makes a hell of a difference

Or your low light targetting scope...

If you turn off visual->others,
    you will get better contrast.

Unfortunately, you will also miss out on some other visual effects, like Zone-curtains.

Ugh, why won't they give you the option of shortening the view and have your stats in a seperate area thats not on top of game graphics.

You know when you hit '\' it changes your screen so that your stats and what not that on the right aren't over the graphics? I'd like to happen with the chat so it will always be over a BLACK background so I can customize colors appropriately. Of course this would only work in resolutions higher than 800x600, but it would be perfect for those wanting a better chat solution.

I think this would solve the chat lag problem a lot better. You know what I'm talking about. You meant to type "/tell MyBuddy yeah lets team" and it ends up being "ell MyBuddy yeah lets team".

thank god, I cant stand that OOC is the same color as team chat, AND I cant stand the color of private group chats.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Change the code to opacify the chat board

Dear Cz or Cosmik,

Please, It's very simple. Go to the developper's team, just pull on the ear of the chief of coders and tell him to modify the code, so the transparency of the chat area will be opacified when the background is too bright.

Easy. Like the inventory trick.

Now, Gilgalaad, why would we want to *ever* do something as easy as that? I mean common! We want to take 2 patches to do it right! Not one!

Ok, silly question, but what is/will be the name and location of this elusive file in which we will be able to change chat colors?

And it still doesn't solve the problem of trying to figure out what you've targeted if it's a bright background. (hm, I've targeted something that cons red to me. Hope it's a teammate's pet and not a mob!)

(hunts for background opacity modifier)
    (hunts for chat font size reducer)