Thread: Health/Hit Errors

Health/Hit Errors

Check this.

5510hp

Attacked by Barzzken.
    Barzzken hit you for 825 Brawl damage.
    Player Barzzken hit you for 196 points of melee damage.
    Player Barzzken hit you for 78 points of melee damage.
    You were healed for 254 points
    Player Barzzken hit you for 1439 points of melee damage. Critical hit!

Code:
    825+196+1439+78=2538

=  2972hp

+ 254from FA Stim = 3226

I should have 3226 at the end of my test.
    How much hp did my health bar Register?

1819hp!?

I was hit for 1407 points of invisible haxored Damage!

Picture here
    Even if you do count the absorb, it still doesnt add up.

Yes, the chat bar has been rasied 2 or 3 lines, but there is nothing below it, I specifically asked him to hit me until I ran back.

Does this mean, all your duels and battles, deaths and wins could all break down to a bug? My brother talked about this ages ago but nobody listened, but if it happened to you, and because of that you lost your 'precious' title or a arranged duel.

Funcom? people? whats wrong here?

Used to be some issue with MA claws doing "invisible" damage, but they said they fixed that. Dunno..

Yup, but this time its an Enforcer with a beam.

There's sometimes ghost damage that doesn't register in the 'chat' window.

Client/Server synch issue.
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

Its not ghost damage, if would take the time to check yourself.

He was using a beam and his attack are very slow.
    Well enough to watch my damage go down per hit.

When I got hit for the crit, I almost died.... im talking as-soon-as-he-crit my hp dropped enormously.

I know the difference between ghost damage and this, and yeah I have played the king of ghost/invisible damage, ma+tort tool. :P

My point is that there was a synch issue between his client, the server and your client.
    Did the damage indicated on his screen correspond with the damage indicated on yours?

Since the 'ghost' damage is roughly equal to the damage of one crit (including heal delta), we can probably assume that the next hit was a crit that had not yet registered.
    The sent data probably hadn't been acked by either his client, your client or the server. What usually happens in AO is that the non-acked data is stuck until the next packet pushes it through.

That's why you see a lot of pseudo double hits when you get laggy.
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

You just went into a loop there, you said its sent into the next packet.

Screenshot, CLEARLY shows, there was no double hit.

Fix it! I dont want to die to invisible hits.
    Is that so hard?

You just went into a loop there, you said its sent into the next packet.

Also, I have tried this more than once, infact it has been doing this since oh, last year? It happen when there is alot of lag, and when there isnt. It happens too much.

Fix it! I dont want to die to invisible hits.
    Is that so hard?

All I want is to be able to fight, fair.
    :/

Exactly.
    Since combat stopped, the hit never visually registered on the client. If combat had continued, the next hit would have been a double.

Hmm

Miir's explainations sounds pretty reasonable. I'm guessing that for some reason, maybe a result of ending combat, that the queue of damage messages that should be sent your client was probably deleted without being flushed.

You gotta flush() then put the seat down!

- Podun
    Podun - 184 Clanner MA

Unit Member of Wen-tzu Enclave

I have brought some new light into this.

Today I equipped a 7 sec recharge weapon.
    I took a fellow enforcer with 5k hp, Hit him once and took him too almost sudden death, he did lose more hp than usual.

Lag? Packets? Pft... I want this fixed.