Thread: Why do Non NW people get NW xp bonus

Why do Non NW people get NW xp bonus

FC

I have payed to play in the Notum Wars, And am contributing the the active defence and offence of my side. I can understand why there was a % XP bonus given for NW people. Please dont Nerf it, Its great. In many ways the Xp bonus only makes up for the Xp I did not make because I am involved more in non XP related play.

BUT,

Non NW people are getting the Xp bonus. You want to sell copies of your game, and provide an incentive for all to be able to participate in the fun, take away the XP bonus for non NW people.

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Don't you think it's already kind of strange that you need to fork out real life cash for in game buffs?

Originally posted by 'Server lost'
    Hmm STFU

kthxbye
    Harsh phrasing, but I agree.

But people that don't have NW are still participating. Before I managed to find it in stores, I'd already participated in a land control battle.

Not having the booster just means that you can't place towers, not that you can't help out.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Pardoneey Mois!

Originally posted by 'Server lost'
    Hmm STFU

kthxbye
    Wow, Mr I dont care, so i cancelled my account and am going and never coming back obviously cares enough, because he is still here.

One question

Can I have your stuff?

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Yeah I'm still here thanks to the damn 3 month recuring billing and while I'm buying and selling the last of my stuff for friends I like to pop in and make bitter remarks since I don't have to be nice anymore

You however sound like someone p*ssed since one of the nice features NW brought us is available to all despite the fact that, as mentioned before, you don't even need NW to paticipate in tower battles

So I repeat STFU

kthxbye

I think for now the xp bonus should be given to everyone regardless of whether they have the booster or not for 1 reason, most people who want it can't even get it. I'm one of only 3 lucky people who have been able to get it in Northern Colorado. Only 1 store out of the 20 or so that sell computer games in this area has got it in and they only got 3 copies (Yes, i did the research to find this out, isn't that terrible). If/when Notum Wars is available to pretty much anyone who wants to buy it, then yeah go ahead and turn off the xp bonus for non-NW users, but for now it would be unfair to punish those who don't even have the option of buying it even further.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

Re: Why do Non NW people get NW xp bonus

Originally posted by Animosity
    FC

I have payed to play in the Notum Wars, And am contributing the the active defence and offence of my side. I can understand why there was a % XP bonus given for NW people. Please dont Nerf it, Its great. In many ways the Xp bonus only makes up for the Xp I did not make because I am involved more in non XP related play.

BUT,

Non NW people are getting the Xp bonus. You want to sell copies of your game, and provide an incentive for all to be able to participate in the fun, take away the XP bonus for non NW people.

Ani
    blah blah blah

people without notum wars can contribute in every way except build towers, which they can't do so they dont get any of the personal bonuses nor do they get the org bonuses.

I think the bonuses need to be there to keep the sides working for a common goal.

~aqua
    Last edited by Aqua; Dec 6th, 2002 at 20:01:31.
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

STFU Animosity
    you're not making friends here
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Here is the question of the day:

DOES SIDE XP ACTUALLY WORK?

I'm inclined to say 'no'.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

it works

Don't you get an xp bonus every time you kill a mob? I sure do...it's not much but it's there.

Re: it works

Originally posted by Mr. Cohagen
    Don't you get an xp bonus every time you kill a mob? I sure do...it's not much but it's there.
    People have claimed to recieve it others have claimed not to. I recall one poster's tests on level 200 cyborgs that gave the same XP regardless of the side %, so it's likely that the amount isn't added into the total... nor is it awarded when one recieves the message.

One way or another we all get the messages, regardless of whether it works or not.
    "On the brink of the dark he stood, with only the dream of the cities, the million books, the spectral images of the people he had loved, who had loved him, whom he had known and lost. They will not come again. They never will come back again."

-Thomas Wolfe (1900-1938), Look Homeward, Angel

feels like it's coming in, I'll test it now, easy to just do the math

current exp+mob exp+bonus, is it equal to or not equal to new exp.

Tested it, hard to confirm though, either it's not working or the exp bonus calculation is included in the first figure and the comment refers to the % of that number that was the bonus.

Guess the only way to do this is in a neutral mission with a clanner and an omni...
    Last edited by Real Kinky Ityn; Dec 7th, 2002 at 16:48:03.

The 'side xp bonus' is there to encourage others NOT in your org to help you with defense. Everyone on your side 'loses' something if you do. Same for the other side, of course, gaining if they win.

Originally posted by Hypos
    Not having the booster just means that you can't place towers..
    Or buy pretty new flying things

Originally posted by Sheffy

Or buy pretty new flying things
    That you can't fly anyway due to absurd vehicle air requirements...

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

FC

BUT,

Ani
    All I honestly heard was *cry* "OMG my friend..." *cry* "..." *Sniffle* "...HE GOT AN XP BONUS-" *Cry* *Sniffle* "AND HE DIDNT HAVE NW!!!" *cry*

Anyone else hear this or something different? Please tell me what Animosity said, I NEED TO KNOW THIS
    AsclepIIus - Evil Doc
    AsclepIIIus - PvP Twink

TSO Link Please click on it and make my friend happy

FC

BUT,

Ani
    How about you sell your copy of N/W to me , and you have to sit around not knowing when the hell u can even get to play the dam game .Im not trying to cheat you out the few bucks you had to pay for the expansion , theres alot of people just like me who dont have acces to the game and have no friggin clue when they can get a copy .
    BUMP For making n/w Downloadable