Thread: Myth about Reflect Shield breaking calms.

Myth about Reflect Shield breaking calms.

Well let me first say that i am playing an soldier. People demand from me that i should turn off my reflect shield as soon as i am joining their group. Why i asked a few times, and those folkes telling me that Reflect Shields break clams and make 'pets without masters' attack.

Well i am nearly lvl 100 and let me tell you that i have fought a lot of battles and most of them without RFS due to demand.

And there were a lot of robots, that still attacked after their master was dead and there were alot of enemies which broke their calms WITHOUT ANY Reflect Shield involved.

Then people say, "hey that was a bug" or "who idiot shoot at the pet".

Now if i turn on my reflect shield, the situation is total different, whenever some guy brakes his calm, i and my RFS are responsible, whenever a pet starts attacking without reason, the soldier is responible.

Let me add this, i am aware of the fact that Reflect Damage can sometimes break a calm, but i am not sure how that has created this hostile environment for RFSs.

Hey FC do something about it, it least tell those soldier bashers that we are not the cause of those problems.

Simply make reflect damage not aggroing.
    Last edited by Jonus; Dec 6th, 2002 at 19:28:58.

Thumbs down

It not a myth, its a FACT. ANY damage breaks calm, that includes reflected damage.

Damage is only reflected back onto the attacker though, not onto all mobs in the vicinity. Calmed mobs don't attack, so a reflect shield should make no difference.

However, reflects can still cause problems because mobs sometimes get in one last attack after the calm lands. In this case, the mob is technically already calmed (even though it just hit you) and if its fighting target has a reflect shield on the calm will break.

As for making mob pets attack after their master has been killed, that used to happen but doesn't any more. I found this out when I was forced to TMS in a fight with an Engineer mob, which reflected a good three or four hits onto the bot. However, once the caster had been dealt with, Sparky went quiet instead of continuing to attack me. Obviously one instance could be a bug, so I cast a long-duration reflect and did some testing. No pet that I was able to find continued to attack because of reflected damage.

Cheers,

~R~