Thread: Stop asking engineers to build stuff. lol

Stop asking engineers to build stuff. lol

Obviously Funcom never intended us to do tradeskills, being that there is a trader-only tower (it starts at ql 250+) to add tradeskills.

+25 to all (and +75 to evades, which, never hurt too much I suppose.) tradeskills.

So um.. yea... That more or less equals out the "uber items" we might be able to get in a hundred years, and then they can still cast masterols.. yipeeeeeee.

~Chris

This Rant has been brought to you by the letter F and the Troll Corps Flaming Department for Tradeskilling Engies

I know a certain trader who laid down his QL250 controler.

Yeah. I'll get to build one some year. 2004?
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

What makes this trader only??

editheh nm I found it on the other ref, the activation one..

Self ComputerLiteracy >= 1300

Last edited by Wobble; Dec 6th, 2002 at 15:34:08.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

actually, that might be doable in shadowlands by non-traders... not that that makes you any happier now

Jaesic
    168 NT(rk2)

Talking

Don't hate me cuz Im BEAUTIFUL!
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote
    Clan Opifex Trader - RK 2
    Proprietor of Hodelay's Boutique

Cool

Actually, I made a ql 210 of that conductor. Even I can place that easily. Just because it's only listed in the database in certain QLs doesn't mean it's the only QL available. The conductor of Focus is a tradeskill-built only tower, which makes it possible to do in most any QL.
    Novice Jica - Nobel Prize Engineer
    Clan Apocalypse - The Guild for Models

Jica's Tradeskills & Tower Shop

"What is the definition of an engineer?"
    "Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand."

Oh wow, I need to get me some more clouds of nanobots.

Hey Jica, did you happen to notice if that ql 210 tower had a TL6 requirement?
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

how did u do that jica, since the focus program decide QL and only exists as QL250+

Originally posted by Krabbus
    how did u do that jica, since the focus program decide QL and only exists as QL250+
    ^^
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

MP lvl 200 with tons of stuff can get 1300 CL

Hell, I have a 200 crat and I can get 1300+ comp lit also.
    MP's should be FEARED.

The fact is mega that trade skill tower is impossible to make... A trader pre-200 can only get up to MAX 1175 EE/MM WITH a guild advantage chip giving +27ish more. That said we could only possibley make a ql 203 tower, so at 200 maybe ql 205 we can pull out? =p Engies Can also make alightly better towers given meastros from a trader can get up to around 1200. =] ! I think those tards at FC need to lower the req on this shiz, it is truly bs.
    Themakerr --- Quame --- Quamy - Docjeckyl

Proud member of Legion

Themakerr's Trade Skillz!
    "Doing nothing sucks when you have nothing to do" - Quamie

Originally posted by Quamander
    The fact is mega that trade skill tower is impossible to make... A trader pre-200 can only get up to MAX 1175 EE/MM WITH a guild advantage chip giving +27ish more. That said we could only possibley make a ql 203 tower, so at 200 maybe ql 205 we can pull out? =p Engies Can also make alightly better towers given meastros from a trader can get up to around 1200. =] ! I think those tards at FC need to lower the req on this shiz, it is truly bs.
    I'll say it... again... FC has already stated that there are aspects to things they have put in the game in the recent past that will not be usable until Shadowlands. Whether you like it or not... deal with it.

Jaesic
    171 NT (rk2)

Um, I don't think that towers should be something that one does not get maestros for when they make them...considering all of the other gear and buffs you have to get anyway.

One of my favorite pastimes is mathing out maxes of things and from what I have seen, traders may be the best at "self-buffed" tower construction, but only engies have the capability of making the highest towers. From what I have seen so far, it seems that without using anything that is not in game, although some things might be hard to obtain, traders probably max out at about 213 conductors. Engies, with the addition of their gear, should be able to get up to 225-maybe 227 with the new hat.

Has this been done yet? Nope, doesn't look like it. Would it be difficult? Absolutely. In terms of how long a tower will remain standing, is 227 much different than 213? Well, yes.

Engineers can build stuff???????????????????????
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Yes, we can build an ugly hat using a valuable notum fragment that gives us 10 points to our tradeskills. Sheesh dont you know anything? :P
    Advisor of First Light
    Tradeskill How-To's, Engineer Profession Guides, and Jello Wrestling at The Tir School of Engineering
    Confused by Alien Tech? Check out my Alien Invasion Guides

New to Engineering? Try HighOrbit's Engineer Guide. Thanks HighOrbit