Thread: Tradeskills

Tradeskills

btw Can we please!!! get a TRader only shotty
    with Tradeskill adds!!

nowdays if ya wanna excell at tradeskills, make an Engi!
    Traders are just buffwhores
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Not quite sure how you've reached that conclusion. Traders and Engineers have about the same skill base in tradeskills, but Traders are the ones with the tradeskill buffs. That means it's much easier for a Trader to excel, since they don't have to go looking for buffs.

If you're referring to the handful of Eng-only items which buff tradeskills, the Helmet and Breastplate of Technical Ceremonies are a nightmare to get hold of and are only usable at very high levels, the ICC Engineer skinchip requires you to be neutral, so less than 5% of Engineers can use one and the Construction Sleeves ain't all that and a bag of chips.

That's just off the top of my head, but as far as I'm aware the great majority of tradeskill buffing items aren't restricted by profession.

Cheers,

~R~

facts remain thou that the highest tradeskillers out there are Engis, due to the fact that an engi can and will outskill any Trader if they all went for it. just for the fact of the items. A high lvl Engi will have no trouble getting a Maestro, while a trader can only dream about armor, skinchip( newt only i know).

Conclusion thou: Engis suck at so much other stuff so its mainly them that goes for Tradeskills, since they arent all that good in combat....i guess

Most Engineers can only dream about the armour too, remember. If you're sided, forget the skinchip, which leaves the construction sleeves...

You're right that there are more tradeskilling Engineers than there are Traders and you're probably right that it's because we aren't that great at anything else. It's not because Engineers have any particular advantage in these matters, there's just not a lot else to do.

Cheers,

~R~

They already get them.

Trader-only tower

~Chris

hehe true, just pray noone shoots your precious tower out of the ground jsut when yer about to buildsomething

Originally posted by Megabio
    They already get them.

Trader-only tower

~Chris
    Good luck building that
    Euphorie 200 Trader RK1
    DrAlban 130+ Doctor RK1

Originally posted by Euphorie

Good luck building that

That's my point. Only traders can get their skills that high.
    ~Chris

build != raise
    conductor of focus dont come premade so good luck finding someone to put together a ql250 one was what I ment..
    Euphorie 200 Trader RK1
    DrAlban 130+ Doctor RK1

Originally posted by Emperor Prozek
    facts remain thou that the highest tradeskillers out there are Engis, due to the fact that an engi can and will outskill any Trader if they all went for it
    I totally disagree with this. The reason engies are better tradeskillers is because engies are willing to make skill sacrafices to raise tradeskills while almost no traders are willing to do that. You are correct in that engies can get 6-10 skill points higher from the construction sleeves. But then again traders get 260 higher comp lit and psychology which is roughly 100 points higher.

With the buffs traders are VASTLY superior to engies for making stuff. the short duration of the maestros makes it so its not always easy to have the skills needed to be able to make something while traders have those buffs available at the snap of their fingers.

the reason most of the famous tradeskillers are engies is because that engies make their engies for the sole purpose of tradeskills. Nothing else to make them for. While on the other hand most traders i know were made for their PvP abilties. which before all these crit nerfs were extremely good and traders still aren't 1/2 bad now.

you can't count chest and helm of technical ceremonies because only 0.1% of the engie pop will ever get a crack at those.

and one more thing.

the Advanced Head Skinchip - ICC Engineer you are talking about isn't engie only. its neut only. nuet traders can use them as well

http://64.106.154.149/showitem.asp?AOID=160737