Thread: About using ALT+F4

About using ALT+F4

Should reset your title to none, cant be that hard to code, if during AO player press ALT+F4 then delete his title, or maybe even delete his toon, and just leave the account open and waiting for 8 shiny new toons.
    Not naming they know who they are

edited : nice done hermy, but hes a lewser anyway
    Infamine 200 soljah

Great tool for droping your oh-so-impressive title's, i agree.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

um i dont have a title but if i had it be very pissed.

i dont pvp in the arena for i think thats just testing ground anyway. pvp is out there! defending or attacking!

however sometimes in missions or cities i get stuck, warped and blackdoored, and i have to relog, having to sitt down and wait for 30 sec is just time consuming so i hit alt F4 twice, relog in and blackdoors are gone, on with the mission....

so...in other words, there are some other issues where you might wanna hit alt F4, and loosing a title just because of that would be plain stupid
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

what a stupid idea, not only do i press that to quit the game anyway but only the other day i was fighting then anarchy crashed, now weve all seen how bad coding is, imagine if my character was deleted just cause anarchy crashed ?.

also what if im in a pvp are and i want to logg, so i press alt+f4 a couple of times, just as im about to press it i receienve an attacked by message, next thing i know i dont have a char anymore, silly silly idea.
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

Yep, sometimes I have to alt-f4 or /quit for a reason.
    Think about the problems before you try fix something else; P

what about /quit forbidden while in fight ?

Well, some may turn off their computer or kill the clientr.exe process but it can avoid some /quit and doesn t include crashes
    Last edited by Shailie; Dec 6th, 2002 at 14:43:01.
    Shailie - 205 Doc

Sounds good, but do it after they fix that yalm bug thing.

Alt+F4 seems to be the new way of zoning in outdoor battles, which is kinda sad, knowing if you pursue some ppl to kill them, they will just do a quit.

On the bright side, its one less to battle at least
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

don't they continue to exist for a while after they alt-f4? did they change this?

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Easy fix, leave the character in game for 30 seconds after using Alt-F4, just like if you did a normal logout. In theese 30 seconds you should be killable as normal.

Bad for those who crash, yeah, but .. tough..

Every MMORG had a 30s - 1 min staying in game after not properly logging out. I remeber it was 60s in UO if you where not logging in an INN. Should be the same here. Yea it sucks if you crash but it happens anyway, i died many times while crashing even without that 30s think. And right now its stupid and ppl are starting to exploit it more and more. Its SAD.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

yeh theres other stuffs to work on before, but its always annoying to see the guy thats going down going poof cause he realised he was loosing and there was no zone near.
    Funniest part is when they come back online and start to talk about rematch and then you say "sure" and two second later the guy logged
    Infamine 200 soljah

In American, we call it '/quit.'

In Fixer language, we call it 'Ruinous Grid Jump' and 'Reckless Digitization'

"A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Actually not quite, theres some high titled fixers that /quit too; prolly gotta have the macro next to evac.
    Thing is evac isnt abusing game mechanics not to die, its a nano you got and you use (even abuse but thats something else ).
    What is annoying is that people with very big mouths either just dont wanna duel self buffed in a cool empty place, or just /quit when theres a slighty chance they might not win. I mean either stop pvping or then pvp for real ;p
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Easy fix, leave the character in game for 30 seconds after using Alt-F4, just like if you did a normal logout. In theese 30 seconds you should be killable as normal.

Bad for those who crash, yeah, but .. tough..
    The character remains already in game after /quit of Alt-F4
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Originally posted by Sethil

The character remains already in game after /quit of Alt-F4
    Yeah, but when they log back in they are still alive at the point where they were when they quit. Alive, fully buffed, and without loss of PvP points.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Yeah, but when they log back in they are still alive at the point where they were when they quit. Alive, fully buffed, and without loss of PvP points.
    No, I killed Monstajugga once when she tried to quit with a healpet on her.

On the other side, I Alt-F4'd once in the time between 14.7 and the patch where we got the OMHH deroot function disabled. Rooted in 2ho, opponents waiting outside range and not a simple chance to get derooted.... TMS up, Alt-F4 and a /flip to the enemies

But when I logged in the other day, I was at 50% HP, so someone tried to kill me while Im staying in game.
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Doing /quit is a nice feature when you got this kind of ***hole who doesnt release aggro just to piss you off so you cant sit and heal. Do that to a doctor, you will see how pissed he will be, make sure theres no zone close too heh