Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next patch: Just fix the lag, Lds, servers, pathing, and out of sync problems

Yay! New content.....Hats! w00t! /sarcasm

Equipping a hat will cause your inventory to delete itself and will proceed to format your harddrive(s).
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Plz Bump This!

Pet pathing being the main thing.. for me.. but im selfish..
    BUMP!

Bump for the "Next patch"? I can't believe none of this was addressed in that long of a patch. Can any critical bugs be fixed in an upcoming patch or should those that are experiencing critical gameplay problems just hang it up?

/me wonders what Funcom considers to be a "priority," at this point in time, when it comes to building/keeping a playerbase.

Well, anyway, just a BUMP for the helluva it, I guess...

Please forget any new content, now that NW is out, until you fix the lag, Lds, servers, mob pathing, and out of sync problems.
    ROFL.... you're complaining about Mob Pathing!?!?!?!?

Welcome to the wonderful world of the pet owner.... we've been dealing with it (and worse) for the last 7 months...

F^%$ the mobs, how about making pets path properly?????

Oh and btw seems like FC included a nice new dungeon with lots of lovely new pet traps for us.... ho hum....

X

[edit: sorry about that... but good lord the idea of prioritising a fix to mob pathing..... lol... just got my goat up a bit. ]
    Last edited by XtremTech; Dec 11th, 2002 at 23:24:51.
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

No offense taken. Feel free to add to the list. I can only imagine what pets do after seeing what mobs are doing. I apologize for leaving it out. I just don't play a pet class and, therefore, don't see it.

Overall, I'm hoping you can add what you think is a critical problem that Funcom should fix in their next patch. Critical meaning, you won't play or might even leave if it's not fixed in a time frame that you can't handle.

I started the post with those issues because I saw them have drastic changes since the 14.6 patch. If you have more to add, please feel free.

I, for one, am pretty ticked off that they spent so much time doing a couple pvp and tower adjustments, and then added in hats, shades, doors, etc, when the game's playability, overall, is in the toilet since 14.6.

*This might not apply to those that have "uber" systems with low pings and can adjust routers to solve lag problems - I'm just not one of them*

Critical meaning, you won't play or might even leave if it's not fixed in a time frame that you can't handle.
    You know I don't think there'd be one for me. I personally love the game for all its faults and bugs and difficulties. That's why I fight as hard as I can to get good change implemented and to be brutally honest - I think that FC do that too. Their ideas may not always be in line with mine and their choices can seem bizarre at times - but that's the way of things in life.

I would bet any money that if FC could have fixed their synch/crash/LD problems in this patch they would have. I'm pretty sure that the dev team wasn't sitting there saying "Let's put 25 programmers on hat introduction for this patch and have 1 see if he can do something about synch problems".

I love this game still.

And you know - if you don't play a pet-owner I can pretty much guarantee that your game has been considerably more playable than mine since 14.6!

X

Yeppers.. the lagsituation should be at highest priorety, this lag makes me lose all the hunger to play.

Wanted to bump as well as post a couple run-ins I had with the aforementioned problems a couple days ago. Hope everyone gets a good laugh.

I got a nice little surprise when I finally got outside the mission door. Sometimes they hit through walls....now they hit all the way through the reclaim.

http://user1.7host.com/chamber/Image3.bmp

Atleast I could hit back this time...

http://user1.7host.com/chamber/Image1.jpg

Blah...

I give up on any posts regarding the critical flaws in AO. If all I wanted was a hat, the I'd be damn happy. If all I want was a playable game, then I better start looking elsewhere...again.

After all, I don't even see the very old bug of screwed up doors in missions being fixed. You add screwed up towers, pathing, lag, lds, freezing, long zone times, and others to the mess.....and I just don't foresee a very playable game in the near future.

Btw, this is a SHAME as this game was great pre-14.6!!! Talk about taking a game back to a Beta version? You even managed to bring the screwy mission doors back. As if the lag and lds of the past weren't enough..../pukes on AO devs

Angry BUMP!!

I dont want new contant! I want better gameplay!
    (less LDs, Sync Issues, Server Lost......ETC)
    Fix it or Lose it (You know what I mean)

Holy CRAP! This is really starting to suck. I thought I could hang in there, this time. But, I'm close to the end of my rope here. My gawd! This is horrible, Funcom!

MOB pathing, or warping?

Perhaps the person asking for a fix to mob pathing really meant their ability to warp half way across a play field after you've outrun them!

I had a green Hammerhead Somethingorother aggro me after leaving a mission. I was in my car already so I said to heck with, I'll just drive. Well, I zoom out so I can watch me slowly pull away from him. He gets just off radar then BAM! he's right back on my hinder! There was no choppiness in his pursuit, no apparent lag on his part, just a pure warp! So I just keep getting it, he's almost out of radar range and then WHOP! he's right on my butt again! Finally after the third time he stayed gone.

Why do I have to outrun a MOB 3 times to get away from him?

As for general MOB pathing, I think they path much better than pets. I have an Eng and MP alt that I hardly play due to pathing issues. Meatball gets stuck over tables, goes out the opposite door that I do in an empty room. Can't even hunt outside. Robot gets 'stuck' on twigs and blades of grass. I would not recommend a pet class to anyone at the moment. But if they could path and warp like mobs...

Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

One more thing...

Since the last couple of patches I've noticed I'm getting aggroed by grey mobs. As I recall, pre 14.7.x, I would only get aggro with certain mob types, or with rabid rollerrats, infected mini-bulls and such that were greenish-yellow or higher. Now I'm seeing it with greys. Noticed it first in the subway with grey muggers annoying me. Now I've seen it outside as well. Usually doesn't hurt, but its annoying when the only way to stop them is to stop what I'm doing and smack them down and then only get 1 xp.

Actually last night it almost did hurt. Was in Lush Resort and had a grey Virullent Minibull warp through the fricking wall and start double hitting me. One hit for 33 points of damage and the other hit for 67! I don't get hit for 67 points by lvl 60 enforcers! (lvl 55 enf myself) Damn crack-head mobs...

I would not recommend a pet class to anyone at the moment. But if they could path and warp like mobs...
    The heal pets actually do this... sometimes. The attack pets don't do this because of some PvP balancing AI or some such.

But yes, you're right Mobs warp... through walls, across spaces etc etc. Always have done.

X

Don't forget the "supermob" that flies high in the sky and then comes crashing down, bringing a few hits with him. I notice this after a lag spike, btw.

Ripley67, thank you. I was going to start saying something similar but not quite as accurate and well said.

I have a cable connection, 512DDR, GeForce Ti 4600, 1.8gig AMD CPU, and 277(Or however close this figure is to my bus speed.)
    and Sound Blaster Audigy. As well as running Windows XP Professional. My computer is Uber.

You want to know something funny? I only get one kind of lag in all of the game. That is when coming up to a highly crowded location with alot of people or a place where people zone in and out of alot.

There are arguments here that are valid and such, I'm not saying any of you are BSing anybody. Only that alot of you blaim the wrong things for different situations.

Yes, server Synch, zone loading(Where you try to zone and it says couldn't connect with server.)

Gotta go will contineu alter
    ------------------------
    Aspriel lvl 109MA of Vox Populi RK2.....with fire fists babe! And they actually burn mobs now! Muhahaha!(Hey I've been playing since the game went live....well lets just say right after the time the game actually stoped booting you every 10seconds...or is that an overstatment of how good the game was then?)

Lamir lvl 55 Adventurer...no I will not reet you damn it! ^_*
    Inversion lvl 52NT. Nukem ladies!
    Ashirox lvl 44 Soldier
    Sardonis lvl 39 Enforcer.

Bump for that. Getting lag spike up to 30 sec every 10 min, getting rubber banded 10-15 times per missions. Annoying !
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast