Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next patch: Just fix the lag, Lds, servers, pathing, and out of sync problems

Next patch: Just fix the lag, Lds, servers, pathing, and out of sync problems

Funcom,

Please forget any new content, now that NW is out, until you fix the lag, Lds, servers, mob AND pet pathing, and out of sync problems.

I know that's a lot. So, focus on it, please! I could do without one map and a broken nano, here or there. But, these Critical issues are killing the game for me. I'm sure it can't be helping with many others.

I want to enjoy NW and right now, I can't. So, please stop the new content, for now, and fix the Critical issues, asap.

Thanks!

- Chopit

Update 12/14/02: ROFL! Well, since this post we have hats, shades, and a little other new content like Broken mission doors, more crashing, more lag, same pathing problems, warping......what's sad is that I can keep adding things that ARE CRITICAL to gameplay. :shock:
    Last edited by Chopit; Dec 14th, 2002 at 22:45:54.

you're not a ranged wep user right? cause you forgot to add reload bug to that list.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Too bad it's never gonna happen...
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Well, you never know...

I said they would never fix the lag when I left about a month after launch. However, I came back recently (14.5 patch) and the game ran very, very good. But, that didn't last long as 14.6 came out and BAM...lag again. Then, the 14.7 patches, NW, and ugh - lag, pathing, Lds, long zoning times, *reload bug* (see, I take notes ), server problems, etc, etc, etc...

I either have super terrible timing or the 14.5 patch was just a fluke with my computer. It was running so well. *sigh*

Let's hope Funcom can get it back to 14.5 status, anyway. I'm assuming almost everyone's major lag, Lds, server problems, etc., came with 14.6 and 14.7.

/me crosses fingers

I have the same problem. With addition of rubberbanding with the recent server side patch.
    Beofre the server side patch, though, I did upgrade my ati radeon drivers and it did help some until this most recent server side patch.

Last night I had a new problem entirely. When leaving a mission I zoned properly. Was gathering the troops back up and not only did I crash but I crashed to zero. My computer restarted itself completely.

I format my whole computer monthy and run disc keeper while the game is running. I have been doing a pretty standard setup for the last year and have never had this problem before this patch.

My friend, wife and I did quit the game for year also. We also game back after 14.5 to a beautiful game! With 14.6 everything went to crap and its now the same we game we left a year ago. Minus the new content. <------Does that say something?

Gryfyn

Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. Fix it....

please?
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

I think the way to handle this is to ask them to make it worse...we asked for fixes and they gave us 14.7.4 which seems to have made things worse...today for example my attempt to even log in was greeted by a server lost message over and over till I got bored

Least last patch I could log in

So FC I think you should increase lag intensity tenfold and incorporate a guaranteed ld system into patch 14.7.5

kthxbye

Well, maybe we can get enough posts on a thread so they will take notice. After all, I'm not saying that I'm going to quit. I am only asking for a more stable, playable version...like the 14.5 version that I was playing. Maybe they had to disable some great fixes in order to add the content they did?

In addition, I'm growing tired of having to find fixes and/or workarounds for new problems introduced, lately, into this game:
    1. Download "AO syrup mouse" fix from AO dev....why is this not in the game code?
    2. Can't have Geforce2mx with the last 2 newest drivers at 16-bit color or I just get blocky, unreadable text....have to go to 32-bit (with the current problems, I can't handle a slower AO) or use old drivers....why is this not being fixed?
    3. Etc, etc, and etc...

Anyway, I see so many threads with posts in them that say "I love this game" and all they have to do to make AO compete with the new MMOGs is "fix the lag." So, they have to know that not fixing this many lag, out of sync, server, etc problems, will crush the game if it isn't done. It's just a matter of time. They must be working on it. How could they not be?

Great game, great ideas, great potential, great booster = not much of a game, if it's playability is in the toilet. *sigh*

Originally posted by 'Server lost'
    I think the way to handle this is to ask them to make it worse...we asked for fixes and they gave us 14.7.4 which seems to have made things worse...today for example my attempt to even log in was greeted by a server lost message over and over till I got bored

Least last patch I could log in

So FC I think you should increase lag intensity tenfold and incorporate a guaranteed ld system into patch 14.7.5
    Careful, they might give you the one thing they can provide this time.
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

Ugh! The solution of "Crowd Control" is not working. Please view this thread:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=78403

Another weekend of this? Omg, Funcom!

BUMP!!

New Land City SUCKS (Major LAG) and Zoning into NLC usually results in a Could not Load Zone, try again or something like that. Same thing happens when Zoning to Rome Blue from Rome Park. Whompa from Ent to Trade is Very Bad. Missions have warping anomolies and black doors. Server/client sync is WAY OFF. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

P.S. Make Yalms Go Higher Please!!

125m isn't enough? That's pretty damn high...
    Hi.

I agree, unfortunately...

Unfortunately, since Funcom is betting the farm that we are all addicted and that there won't be a huge player "strike" because of these problems.

I closed my account once because of the lag, came back, saw no lag or ld's or pathing problems. Then the next patch came out, and my gameplay was back at square one. It was if I was doing "Alpha/Pre-Beta" testing for some new game again.

What stinks about this whole mess, and I'm sure some of the other folks who play this game and that have beta tested for other games that have come out, is that there is an emerging, and quite evil corporate presence now.

The managers and developers all know we will keep playing, and they'll keep getting paid. I remember when gaming companies kept the players at the top of their priority list. Now it seems that we are just along for the ride, with profits at the top of the list, and the players are just "bottom-feeders".

Sure, the announcement that "lost items and XP due to server crashes will now be reimbursed" is great. What sucks is the fact that I've lost XP 3 times now due to a CONFIRMED server crash, but as of yet, I have never received a reimbursement. I've chatted with quite a few other folks who agree that NO ONE has had their requests for reimbursement honored by the GM's or Funcom customer service.

Carrots hung in front of the horses mouth. That's what the corporate Funcom folks are doing, and because they know we won't all cancel our accounts, they'll keep doing it.

Soulmartyr

When i exit one of the basic stores in omni trade my game freezes for a few seconds then i get some really nasty lag and then it moves fine again(if 4fps can be called fine)

I also have problem with items not showing in my inventory after taking them out of the bank zoning helps but is a bit tedious, the same thing can be noticed if you transfer stuff between chars, say drop an empty bag somewhere, char 2 put's something in it and char 1 logs back on and picks the bag up, open it and it is empty until you zone.

That rubberbanding is very frustrating to say the least, after trying to enter another room on a mission four times i almost gave up, don't seem to have any trouble with ld's and lost server, i do experience times where my ping meter is green but no action for up to 10-15 seconds, maybe i'm lucky and stay in the game.

Well...they must know that they have to do something...

I believe that even some of the most dedicated will leave when all the new MMOGs come out. It's not just SWG that is threatening this game. Although, it probably only would be SWG if Funcom could pull the game back together. As for how AO stands right now, there are many other MMOGs that will steal from their player base if they don't, at minimum, fix the critical problems like lag, sync outs, Lds, etc.

I would hope they will fix the critical problems, and asap. I still believe they know they have to do something. Otherwise, I don't think there will be enough players around to support a game of this size. I highly doubt Funcom would let AO fizzle out because of these critical problems that are haunting this game right now. However, that's exactly what will happen if both AO's playability is still in the toilet when the major MMOGs start coming out.

Will history repeat itself when SWG comes out?

Don't put all your eggs in one basket and count on SWG being what YOU (or US) the player desires.

Don't let the fact that this will be the first true SW based hook you. I am a SW fan, but I can't keep track of how many SW games that came out on console and PC that had great graphics, but limited possibilities and gameplay.

Soulmartyr

Talking I fully AGREE .. I think at least ...

So let me comment a few things about the lag issue,

0. When in crowded area all your eq is loaded for all within vis
    range. So less different stuff you are wearing less download.
    This is a tragic thing with FC it would be MUCH better if there
    was "suits" solution giving less load. This is a problem with
    many other online games. Take for example AC, if u couldnt
    get thru a door since u didnt have picklock u could lag thru
    door. Lag was easily created when many ppl is around by
    swap clothes and everything gets laggy and u can lag thru
    the doors.

1. MAKE sure to distinguish the lag terms.
    a. Net lag, then download for internet diagnostic tools to
    check wether its at your end or server end that is the trouble
    Run the tool meanwhile u play and disconnect.
    b. Graphic lag. Lower graphic affect a. so its easy to blame
    your graphic card when its actually a. that cause it. What i
    mean is that radar distance change.
    c. I/O lag. Check if when u lag while not loading stuff or zone
    wether the I/O lamp flash and for how long. Take a clock and
    measure over time the delay with 1 hour interval. The reason
    for this is what ppl love to call memory "leakage" but it isnt
    true entirely.
    d. CPU lag. If u lag during sound effects or when alot of things
    is happening which doesnt involve other player for example
    when u are in solo mission. What i implied here that MANY
    times the soundcard is the cause of the problem, ie its
    software accelerated. Run DirectX own diagnostic tool
    to check this.
    e. Server lag. If u can move around and u think wow no lag
    then try to sit/cast nano/watch damage report if they cease
    etc etc , if u cant sit the server is truly lagged down. In this
    case nothing can be done, go and take a cup of coffe and
    relax.

2. Try to optimize your computers performance.

a. Lower visual radius especially when u move into crowded
    areas.
    b. Toggle of fog effects under enviroment option. Experiment
    but turning of and using the fps check running, dont
    remember it but i think u can read about how to turn it of/on
    in guides/manual.
    c. Choose right resolution to your screen size. 14":640x480,
    15":800x600,17-19":1024x768;
    d. Be sure that u set Fastest rendering under Direct X settings
    for your graphic card settings.
    e. Have game in different partition from swap file. This to avoid
    get the disk totally defragged.

Comment. 1 common misstake with ppl using 256 MB memory
    + XP operative system is that the swap file goes haywire and
    is around 300 MB. Increase the meory to 512 and everything
    goes smoothly. Dont forget to install memory booster program
    that when memory is nearly full it cleanse memory. This work
    superb with DDR memory. This has in other word NOTHING with
    AO in primary, rather the nature of XP, after a so called
    thresshold memory XP 'revives' goes extrmely fast. From my
    experience i would say 512 MB.

If u guys finds something that is missing, plz feel free to add.
    Last edited by Ripley67; Dec 11th, 2002 at 08:20:03.

mmmm memory booster for xp... that does sound interesting, got any link to something like that?
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Talking MemTurbo II at your service

Here is a link for memory booster, there is plenty more, trust me.

http://www.memturbo.com/

Now listen carefule, its important that u test alot with different settings, u cant cleanse the whole memory since that will only increase IO, u have to try and i suggest u do it by enter zone back and forth til u see that the MAP arent fully reloaded. I think for 256 MB RAM i used that option to cleanse up to 50 MB, that was for my older machine the optimal result. So mark my word: Learn by doing, not reading.

Have fun!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast