Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Deathloop exploiters....

Red face

First of all, Frakk, I didn't make this a guild-issue. Actually I said it wasn't, but I guess you didn't bother reading that.
    Second, if you had bothered to read other posts, you would know, that when an omni gets chainkilled, they spawn in .. TaDaaa!! Omni Entertainment. It doesn't matter where one scans the first time, since you're sent back there when griefed. So, if I get chainkilled there ... well, then I'm screwed ... since it's the only place I can spawn.

It's a good thing that you feel like contributing to the debate, and I hope more will. I just hope the next ones will take the time to get their facts straight, instead of showing off as total ignorants.
    ....forget about it...

It's funny that 3 ppl that res-camped Dist said :

person1. I maybe killed him 2 times
    person2. I maybe killed him 3 times
    person3. I maybe killed him 3 times

Thats 8 times. I guess they all wanted to show the game is flawed and they wanted to be the messenger?

Res-killing is not allowed, and you know, you should know that. It's on the ARK-pages under illegal gameplay for mooooonths already, even while it was not possible (yet) or very limited.

Heh, I won't comment on the spelling mistakes, Tolbat made an exellent counter-post about that. You should be ashamed of yourselves for implying he lacks intelligence just because he has a hard time making words out of his images.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Thumbs down Distanzed

Its nice that you decided to join the discussion that has been created on your behalf... 11 days later!!

I have no sympathy for you.. none at all. The game allows for you to be chain killed. Blame the programmers. As far as "griefing" goes how about the grief you caused by helping to tear down someone's tower. Towers cost credits and are not so cheap for everyone.

You declared war on someone without even a guild or a set of towers to take revenge on. You knew the consequences. Without a guild's tower to attack you are the only target available. So you get killed. Over and over and over. And I hope it was miserable for you. Just like it is for the guy who's tower you helped trash.

Now that guy has to work with his guild to find a new spot. Get together his CL and Psy implants and buffs etc. and then buy his towers and replace them. This process takes a very long time. You lost a few minutes to spam killing? GOOD. Maybe this will make you think twice about declaring war on a guild without the resources behind you to protect you. Or without something to lose.

Being a mercenarie has its price.

Originally posted by Miir

So you would have no issues with 4 players reclaim camping you at the supposed 'safe' reclaim in Tir?
    I would just hit the sofa, turn on the telly and wacha cpl movies and hope that my title was gone when i came back, after all it's harder to farm "none-titled" then to farm Champion

Novalia, , I get the feeling that you could probably justify, in your mind, the actions of a rapist or a murderer.
    Therefore, expecting you to understnd the dynamics of this issue would be unrealistic.
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

Novalia, , I get the feeling that you could probably justify, in your mind, the actions of a rapist or a murderer.
    Therefore, expecting you to understnd the dynamics of this issue would be unrealistic.
    Miir, your lack of intellingence shines through so hard it almost hurts my eyes.

On the subject at hand. Has anyone thought about, when you know you're going to get flagged, to save in a 100% zone?
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

What the **** are you talking about!?
    This is a ****ing game not real life.
    Hello!!!!
    /me waves his hand in front of Pink's face

Rapist and murderers?
    Man you need to get out more.

Or to better relate to in your AO world raise your intel, sense, and perception.

Do not make comparisons to real life and especially not such serious issues. You post really made me feel quite sad. It is unfortunate that you can so casually correlate such things.

Originally posted by Jekyll
    On the subject at hand. Has anyone thought about, when you know you're going to get flagged, to save in a 100% zone?
    I believe after the first or second kill you are reclaimed at a specific area in Omni Ent. This is to prevent chain deaths...

muhahaha

Has anyone thought about, when you know you're going to get flagged, to save in a 100% zone?

A wise idea knowing that some players will go out of thier way to grief.

Miir, your lack of intellingence shines through so hard it almost hurts my eyes.

An impertinent metaphor.
    My posts have not dispayed any apparent lack of intelligence.
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

Do not make comparisons to real life and especially not such serious issues. You post really made me feel quite sad. It is unfortunate that you can so casually correlate such things.

You missed the point entirely.
    I made no comparison of ingame acts to criminal acts.
    People often use flawed logic to justify questionable actions.

You justify the actions of these players by surmising that she caused them grief by attacking their towers.
    Therefore they had every right to repeatedly kill her character.

While conveniently ignoring the fact that they exploited game mechanics to put this other player in a position where they could be reclaim camped.

You also ignored the fact that none of the aforementioned players beloned to the org whos LC was attacked.
    You also ignore the fact that such behaviour is considered griefing and not permitted by Funcom.
    You also ingore the fact that these 4 players went out of their way to purposely and repeatedly grief this player.

You cant ignore facts, make such ridiculous claims and expect to credible.

{Moderator: Stop spamming.}
    Last edited by Cz; Dec 20th, 2002 at 08:37:08.

Originally posted by Novalia

I believe after the first or second kill you are reclaimed at a specific area in Omni Ent. This is to prevent chain deaths...

muhahaha
    True, but if you save again after getting you stuff from reclaim, you will go to the last place you saved, so if you save every time you die, chain-killing could definitely be prevented.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

My posts have not dispayed any apparent lack of intelligence.
    True, but comparing ingame action to such things as **** and murder in real life, is the wrong way to get your point across, IMO at least.

(edit: apparently I am are not allowed to post about things such as forceful intercourse)
    Last edited by Jekyll; Dec 17th, 2002 at 18:46:04.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

comparing ingame action to such things as **** and murder in real life, is the wrong way to get your point across

Nowhere did I compare their ingame actions to such (real life)criminal acts.

If you had actually read my post, you would have understood that I was simply making a vivid statement about Novalia's justification of the players actions.

His justification ignored certain aspects of the situation.... namely facts.

We can both agree that making direct comparisons of players actions ingame to real life crimes is idiotic.

<edit>
    I like the disclaimer on your sig.
    I'm a much different person ingame than I am on these forums.

Novalia, I did not start this post, neither did I ask for it to be started, or for your sympathy. I do just fine without you padding my shoulder.
    You leave me dumbstruck in amazement of your obvious lack of common sense.
    Building, defending and destroying towers is a part of the game. That is one of the major reasons they made NW. That much should be clear to even you.
    But, chainkilling people at spawns they cannot escape is not what was intended.
    That it is possible doesn't make it the right thing to do.

I mean, let's picture a part in a boosterpack which makes it possible for people to loot everything another player owns, if he gets the kill in pvp. I'm quite sure that those who would actually take advantage of that, would be as fanatic about their rights to use the possibilities in the game as you are ( and yes, I'm sure you would be one of them ), but as many as 99% of all players would feel it would be a lame thing to do, since it would ruin the game for the victims.
    The game wasn't ruined for me by those incidents of chainkilling, but I was annoyed by the fact that people would spend their time doing things like that.

And I know you don't feel that the example I wrote can be compared to the chainkillings going on, but I just wanted to exaggerate a bit just to get through to you.

I don't hate Jannerik, Lostclevage or any of the others, I just think it was lame. That's all.

By the way. I think this will be my last post, on this subject anyway, since it's so blatantly obvious that people can't have a discussion here without, on a mental plane, going back to preschool and start the pointing and namecalling..... You're stupid ... you can't spell .... you're fat ... you wear glasses ...

Kid 1 :My dad is stronger than your dad!
    Kid 2: So?!? My mom's better than your mom.
    Kid 1: Yeah, I know ... my dad feel the same way.

Please .... get a grip!
    ....forget about it...

Nowhere did I compare their ingame actions to such (real life)criminal acts.
    True, but then again, you did make hard judgement on him with the example you gave.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

Distanzed...
    First off just so that you understand this I would not chain kill someone myself personally. I do think that actually DOING it is sorta lame.

However...

I still stand my my posts in that you signed up for the abuse by griefing someone else's towers without your own towers to put up as a risk.

There will always be people that work around the game mechanics. Call it cheating or sploiting or being creative or griefing it is a game and without clearly defined rules that are distributed uniformly and without absolute and clear and public "prosecution" people will continue in these types of activities.

I can understand the mild frustration that you must have felt at that moment but an extremely simple remedy would have been simply to /quit or logoff and go make a sammich or watch some TV or play with your pets for a few moments.

And back to Miir.
    What to say to someone that compares words on a forum to violent crimes in real life?
    Nothing.

Novalia, it's true, I could have just logged off and done something else, but I refuse to let some people who's apparently bored, or ecstatic about their overwhelming power, drive me to stop playing for a while. I mean, why should I give them the satisfaction it must be to make another player log off?

I play to have fun, and it's not fun to have to log off just because some kids feel like chainkilling
    ....forget about it...

Its your decision how to handle it but they are getting much more enjoyment at continuously killing you than forcing you to logoff.

Its sorta like these forums... the smart way to deal with the trolls is to ignore them. Something I tell myself every week but somehow go deaf instantly.

Or if you're untitled just don't logoff and go make a sammich or play with your pet sooner or later these people will either get bored or suspended as the people around will cause a commotion.

Its not every day you see a fight in the middle of a city.

Ahh that reminds me of one of my favorite fights in Ent Arena. My opponent zoned and kept trying to drag me to the Captains. I kept rooting but he was being healed for a bit so I couldn't kill him and he was breaking the roots.

Finally the healer left and the guy still kept moving closer to the guards. He finally got there and I was fighting him and the two captains were popping me (mostly missing) until I finally finished him off.

There were so many people watching the fight. After the kill I did a couple of /rockys and then gridded out.
    Pure comedy.
    I only wish I had taken a damn screenie =)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456