Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Deathloop exploiters....

Originally posted by Miir

<edit>

Just looked at your sig.

You should go play Neocron.
    They reward griefers there.
    It's the perfect game for sociopaths like yourself.
    Sociopath? That's a little hard judgement on a person that you've seen one post from. I guess you're just a smart ass that like to throw big words around even though you don't know what they mean.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Originally posted by Arinia
    Kinda makes you wonder about the average intelligence level in AO. In all, can't say I'm terribly surprised.
    Well, why don't you tell us what your 'intelligence level' is. You sure sound like you are a brilliant and smart person. Then again, maybe not.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Originally posted by Wal

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/unf/trash.JPG

guess ark dosent feel the same way as you :<
    Too bad this this game is filled with carebears...
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

Originally posted by Jekyll

Too bad this this game is filled with carebears...
    and griefers like you.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Originally posted by Noer

and griefers like you.
    Do you know me? Didn't think so. So why don't you stfu?!
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

Originally posted by Jekyll

Do you know me? Didn't think so. So why don't you stfu?!
    I feel I already know you by the posts you did here and your signature.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Originally posted by Noer

I feel I already know you by the posts you did here and your signature.
    Just trying to up my post count. Might aswell say something meaningful while i do it instead of the usual "I agree", "LOL" and "Haha, good one" and **** like that

(edit: Oh yeah, Nerf Traders!)

j/k
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

Ill probarly get flamed to death for this but what do i care.. One.. FC have made it possible to kill players like that and she did knew the risk when she got flagged so blame her and FC... 2... i really dont take anything you say serious mirr ;P
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Tolbat
    hehehe i rember UO wher my RL mates uset to Ress kill me ower and ower until i logged

and dont turn this into a Clan are the only Sploiters thread, i was in 2ho today and guess what happend... omnis wher Sploting whit the grace period.. so dont talk BS about how only claners cheat it only makes you look stupid
    LOL yea =) or when you made it to the healer and rezzed there was always someone that came forward from the shadows and fenced you to death.. I hated that! ;P
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

I had a friend named Kelloqe who helped my guild blow up a tower once, he got flagged afterwards. I gridded him out, and told him to stay low for a while. He did so, and he didn't get killed.

As for me, my guild has towers but, if i ever get a pvp flag on me in the future, i'm holing up in babboons, kicking over a table and pointing my gun at the doorway. And evac'ing when things get out of hand (She's a fixer right? after level 150 we can use RD while in ressurection, i think)

Anyway i think people need to ease up on the 'griefer' part i agree with everyone that reclaim ganking is very lame especially for a person like Hunter06 who i'm close friends with, but the original intent was clanners were patrolling omni ent for any pvp tagged folks since the tower that was taken down distributed a whole lot of them. A witch hunt, the sole purpose that this was implemented for. I'm sure all of us who pvp on a normal basis have people calling us 'griefers' for rooting their yalm or killing a grey in 2ho or whatnot in the past. It's a terribly stupid and misused term, as is 'ganking.' However you look at it, there had to be some risk to those attacking towers that didn't have towers themselves. Otherwise everyone would just hire 'mercenaries' to do their dirty work. NW is great, but there's several flaws;

The solution to this, is to take the pvp tag off from your character once you get killed by someone in the manner allowed. Once is enough to complete a hit on someone responsible for taking part in an attack on your faction's tower.

Edit: Don't say it isn't. This whole thing is side-based, i'm sure if some highly hated clanner who did no sort of thing like this was exposed to an oppurtunity for omnis to chainkill him/her, ESPECIALLY if he/she had a high title, omni's would be more than willing to squeeze their triggers. I love it, i hear people saying clanners are the only exploiters in the game and when i log on i see some omni soldier using the /quit bug or an omni fixer (*cough* you know who you are) exploiting the suppression in meetmedere.
    Last edited by Stromm; Dec 7th, 2002 at 20:19:06.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Hey thats me!
    Its not exploiting, FC intented it to be like that, and why the **** should I let anybody being buffed(absorb, heals and such) by other ppl while dueling me.
    Last edited by Insida; Dec 7th, 2002 at 21:26:08.

Seriously, if I had happend upon 3 experienceds who was puffing at reclaim in Tir, or whoever for that matter, I wouldnt shoot them, just cause it would be no personal satiesfaction or game achievement in getting kills like that...

Ppl doing this is the ppl who get satiesfaction from playing games on Godmode and and stealing lucnh money from small kids on school.

Fine, this is a game where you can do just that, and I expect nothing less from many players, and I am happily surprised everytime I meet someone who have the grace to not do such things just because they can.

But I feel free to voice my opinion that I do not like such ppl, whatever side they play on.

And dont call me a carebear, I pvp, but that is also possible without shooting ppl at reclaim pads..
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

To the issue, has the ones that did this faced any consequences? If its considered "Illegal" by FC, By all means punish them.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Its not illegal, we are just talking about trying to be nice to each other =)
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Well i look at it like this. I killed her 2 times at the reclaim did i camp her? I guess if i was there 20 seconds through lag with guards i guess so. Do i wait for omni in 2ho and camp them well i guess so. Do i kill omni when its 2 on 1 in 2ho i.e. "gank" well i guess so. Do i grid out when its 4 on one in 2ho? Well i guess so. If all this makes me a bad guy then sure im a bad guy i wont deny it. But oh well im the big bad wolf, scarface, tony sopprano, i.e. eveyone needs a bad guy to blame or in AO especially most people wouldnt have anything to do. And oh ya WAR IS HELL.
    "We run for Radaman we run from the store clerk with his bull@#$% gun, i feel like im on a fu****** trackteam." 2pac-Juice

Originally posted by Hermy
    Seriously, if I had happend upon 3 experienceds who was puffing at reclaim in Tir, or whoever for that matter, I wouldnt shoot them, just cause it would be no personal satiesfaction or game achievement in getting kills like that...

Ppl doing this is the ppl who get satiesfaction from playing games on Godmode and and stealing lucnh money from small kids on school.

Fine, this is a game where you can do just that, and I expect nothing less from many players, and I am happily surprised everytime I meet someone who have the grace to not do such things just because they can.

But I feel free to voice my opinion that I do not like such ppl, whatever side they play on.

And dont call me a carebear, I pvp, but that is also possible without shooting ppl at reclaim pads..
    I wasn't exactly directing it at you, but there are still some omnis who would, and clan too as this thread has proven. I was pretty much throwing stones at the people who pinpoint clan about this.

no one called you a carebear :P
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Hermy

The godmode part is right. But it's more like the kids who got their lunch money taken from them who are trying to get revenge in a virtual world

there are what 500 save points in the whole game for each side

from now on besmart enuff not to save in a place that is easily accesable

specialy if you are going to attack towers

or heres an idea

find a szave terminal in 25% so you buddies can protect you while you are rezing or did the carebears get that removed?>

btw i was flagged before they changed it too u couldnt attack ur own side and man that was a fun filed time

everyone was trying to whack me i was kitting peeps all over tir and athens it was fun i loved it kinda like catch the fox

i always liked being the fox sign me up for that again
    Last edited by besheba; Dec 9th, 2002 at 07:13:35.
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Originally posted by Hunter06
    Well i look at it like this. I killed her 2 times at the reclaim did i camp her? I guess if i was there 20 seconds through lag with guards i guess so. Do i wait for omni in 2ho and camp them well i guess so. Do i kill omni when its 2 on 1 in 2ho i.e. "gank" well i guess so. Do i grid out when its 4 on one in 2ho? Well i guess so. If all this makes me a bad guy then sure im a bad guy i wont deny it. But oh well im the big bad wolf, scarface, tony sopprano, i.e. eveyone needs a bad guy to blame or in AO especially most people wouldnt have anything to do. And oh ya WAR IS HELL.
    Sitting in your darkened bedroom getting your jollies killing some helpless un-guilded toon isn't war.

It's lame.

Grow up, will you?
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Originally posted by Miir
    Just a little background on what happened.

A large group of omnis (various orgs) took part in a raid on a clan base in DAV. It was a fun fight, but by the time the controller got down to about 70%, a whole truckload of clanners showed up and repelled the attack.
    It was a fun battle and eventhough we lost, we managed to take down a lot of the towers.

In the battle, Distanzed (no org) was flagged **Distanzed**. I suppose that was her perrogative. She probably knew she would be PvP flagged.

That's not the issue here.

These 4 simpletons hunted her down to the reclaim in Omni ent. The default terminals that omni get dropped at to prevent 'death loops' (how ironic). They then proceeded to kill her (i'm estimating) 10-15 times as she kept showing up at the reclaim.

I've been trying to envision what went through the minds of these nutjobs as they repeatedly killed a completely defenseless player over and over and over and over and over again.
    The PvP flag was put in to penailze unguilded players for attacking towers. Not so sociopaths like you can get your jollies jerking while off hitting your burst hotkey everytime they show up at the reclaim terminal.

I had this VERY same thing happen to me in BS. I attacked a tower. PVP flagged. tower almost goes down. deffenders showed up. I died. Im at reclaim. I was killed Approximatley 25 times by ganking omni at reclaim before I was able to finally scramble away and zone into grid.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast