Thread: All doc heals should cause blindness

All doc heals should cause blindness

Emergency treatment kits cause blindness for 30 seconds due to need to rebuild the retina, so Doc heals, particularly "Total heals" should operate the same way.

This way all you team players can enjoy the game operating on the mini-map alone, like solo players now do. Or you can all stop fighting after each mob and enjoy a 2 minute siesta of healing with the standard treatment kits.

We are only the slowest leveling and weakest characters ingame with no boss loot, good thing we now have the option of either running around blind or sittting down for 2 minutes between every challenging fight to heal.

Oh sure, I could just kill greens until 200, but isn't the fun in the challenge. Or do you team player just get together to kill greens and greys?

I envy you guys, being able to flow from mob to mob, giving the game a sense of flow, rather than stop and go rush hour traffic. If I had the time, I would join you, but alas.

But I invite you to join me in my world of darkness and stagnation, bring a white can or a good book.

(Yes, I do realize that Emergency treatment kits were designed to come with a penalty- I would gladly accept 75% weapon skills for 15-30 seconds, rather than the time sink they have devised.)

PS: Thanks to Funcom for just deleting the most active forum arbitrarily, without warning. Have you guys heard of "Rooted threads"? You can put this at the top of the forum stating that it will be deleted at X:XX GMT so people can transfer active threads. Just another PR blunder.
    "So shines a good deed in a weary world."

They should make Doc heals stun you too. It would be amusing.

Note to self:

Spam-heal hobbes when he doesn't need it, and laugh when he does.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

*blinks*

What class is hobbes anyways ?
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

My documents say "Atrox Enforcer", whatever that means as I can't read.

When I say "slowest leveling and weakest" I am referrring to solo players vs. team. We level slower and get no Boss loot.

I did not mean to say that the atrox enforcer is gimped, I am actually satisfied in that regard.
    Last edited by hobbes; Dec 6th, 2002 at 20:08:29.

Ah yes, Enforcers level a bit slow.
    But it's nothing compaired to a solo Doctor.

Anyways, as you said, the Doctormade Emergency Treatment kits aren't actually very good ... lets compare a bit :

Emergency Treatment kit : Heals for 500, locks Treatment 30 seconds, 30 seconds blind.

Treatment Kit : Heals for 250, locks Treatment 15 Seconds.

Those two kits will heal you up in exactly the same amount of time as the other, but with the Emergency kit you will also have 20 seconds blind after you are fully healed. And a 250 HP standard Treatment kit will also have less Treatment Requirements than an 500 HP Emergency Treatment kit, though they are actually fairly close.

Either ways ... Emergency Treatment kits are only good by the time you find that the QL 125 standard Treatment kits are not enough.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Exactly,

At level 134, the highest treatment labs I can find are ql125, despite looking in chests in missions up to ql160 (highest ql found in missions has been 107-go figure).

At 134 I can get a maximum of 7200 hp. A tough fight will take me down to 700hp. Treatment kits (ql 125) heal for 1000 (rounded from 946 for the sake of math) and require a 15 second recharge.

You would need to sit and heal for 6-7 rounds to be near full health, or 1:15 -1:30 seconds. Do team players healed by Docs do this after every fight, too? No, they don't. so they might not appreciate how boring this is.

If you are trying to penetrate the front room and must zone, heal, zone- 946 will put you behind the healing curve of the mobs- mission over.

Emergency treatment labs ql 130 (that is what I can use), heal for about 2700 (vs 946), allowing you to outheal the mobs and wear your oppenent down over time. They are irreplacable.

The downside is the blindness, which negates the value of the extra healing. This is fleshed out in other posts, just search my name.

The point was that the solo player, who is the weakest and the slowest leveler, is the only one effected by this change. I was hoping for a little support from altruistic team player who may not realize how this enforcement of blindness has really screwed up the game.

From an RP standpoint, it makes sense that Enforcers are better mission runners than Doctors. The role of the Doctor seems to fit in perfectly with team play, not solo.

Bah, just remove the blindness. No fun for anyone, AO doesn't need time sinks, and if ETL's are obviously superior to TLs then maybe player-made economy will get another boost.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I never solo, but I can see how that would suck. One time i was in a team without a healer and was pulling 90% of the agro so I blew through my normally more that sufficient 100 treatment kits. Someone let me have their spare emergency treatment kits and I was able to share your pain. It sucked running through the mission blind half the time trying to keep up with my team. The emergency kits are a tradeskill item and SHOULD be better than the normal kits. They are already somewhat balanced with normal kits from their longer recycle time. The blindness is a bit much. I agree that they should loose the blindness or at least make it only blind you for 5 seconds.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech