Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small orgs = screwed?

Small orgs = screwed?

So, Im in a smaller Org. We dont have many people online hardly ever. Say like 5-6 MAX. Say some BIG omni org wants our land. The Council ( though they disbanded ) or something. They have 30 people online. How is the small org supposed to stop them? Any ideas?

I brought this up in beta, but never got an answer there either.

Im sorry, but I feel that if you are in a small org, you mine as well just not bother with towers. You will NEVER be able to defend them, and in the end, you just end up wasting credits.

So, small org vrs big orgs. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Turin; Dec 6th, 2002 at 02:06:16.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

*psst* Lost Chapter is clan.

*psst* join big org.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Yes,I guese you are "screwed"

Invite more people into your guild,and yes,alliences.Make sure to have a macro,that will tell friends allies...that you are under attack.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    *psst* Lost Chapter is clan.

I meant to say The Council.

But they disbanded.

Wsa an example anyways.

Click to email me

Originally posted by Julia
    *psst* join big org.
    I do not want to join a Big org. I LIKE my org VERY much. We are trying to recruit more people, but its not easy when you dont accept noobs.

And besides that, it should NOT be a requirement to be in a "big" org to be able to participate in the content that I paid the same as everyone else to use.
    Last edited by Turin; Dec 6th, 2002 at 02:05:38.

Click to email me

Originally posted by Sheffy
    *psst* build alliances
    We have some Orgs we are very friendly with. This still isnt a very good solution until there is some kind of formal alliance system that lets you say "these people are frinely, please towers, dont attack them" Case as it is now, I went to help out another clan org under attack, and thier own towers ended up killing me.

Click to email me

Arrow

Alliances is the only way you can go then. And when it comes to clan vs omni or vice verca, you'll be surprised how many complete strangers on your side will be ready to help you out...

Still, it won't be easy...

The rules of the game have changed, you can ignore that (and carry on as if NW had never happened), or you can adapt...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Darkbane
    Alliances is the only way you can go then. And when it comes to clan vs omni or vice verca, you'll be surprised how many complete strangers on your side will be ready to help you out...

Still, it won't be easy...

The rules of the game have changed, you can ignore that (and carry on as if NW had never happened), or you can adapt...

Agreed. The rules HAVE changed. Everyone needs to adapt. Me and my org for example, have been talking about merging into another org. Or, merging a smaller org into us. We arent sure what we want to do at the moment. But, We shouldnt HAVE to do either of those, and Land ownership should STILL be a possibility for us.

ATM, it is not, and I dont think under the current system, will ever be.

Click to email me

that's commi pinko talk man!

"I'm not big and tough, so that big and tough guy should be penalized for being so!"
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Sherrman
    that's commi pinko talk man!

"I'm not big and tough, so that big and tough guy should be penalized for being so!"
    That is not what I am saying either. I agree the big orgs should be able to have more and do more. I have and see no problem with this. But, there has to be something for the little guy to.

Click to email me

If u need help defending a tower, just say on guildleader channel where and what lvl range and i´m sure some guilds will come help. Send a tell to Wolfe if the tower is 150+ and ask him if he could send some ppl, Wolfe says that in guild chat and mostly a bunch of ppl will be glad to fight and come help.
    And if we know u allready helped us, we will certainly even be more glad to help
    Clanners should stick together as we have our side xp-bonus at risk...

kthxbye,
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

its true, give a shout out on guild leader, and you will get help. Our leader lets us know when clan towers are under attack, and personally, unless I am in a team, or blitzing something for a friend, I would go along and help. Only made it to 1 attack so far, and my sole contribution was to keep a trader busy for the about 3 minutes it took him to kill me (so I wear a big blue target sign ) but still, I saw many others not from the clan being attacked coming in to help defend.

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Its not only about omni/clan, its also omni/omni or clan/clan.
    If the 6 people guild is taking the place of a land where you can build a 250 controller, and they only put up 6 towers, theres few chances it will stay up cause big orgs need land, and seeing a palce where you can put a high controller wasted by a low lvl one or a small base doesnt sound right.
    This problem was brought up before NW beta even started but o well ...
    Infamine 200 soljah

yes small orgs are screwed - see the current discussion in the rooted thread about the proposed changes
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Turin: VotC, who I am in, spends most of their time helping other guilds. As long as we hear you have trouble there is a chance we could come to help. It depends on what we are up to at the time. Guilds who we are friends with get priority help, so the "form an alliance" suggestion is valid in a "get friends in high places" sort of way.

In order to stop helpers getting attacked in 5%, you need to mix one of your guildies in each helping team, so that your tower does not attack that team.
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

Small guilds do have it bad. Currently, it seems rather easy to get people to come help out. But as the novelty of NW wears off, I think people will want to return to levelling and getting loot. When that happens, fewer people will answer the call for help.

I like my small org, too. I'd hate to see it disbanded and merged.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

I foresee that within the next few weeks many alliances will be formed, and a lot of guilds will merge. Many guilds will split as well, as there are some people who want nothing to do with PvP and will prefer to be guilded with likeminded people.

The stucture of Rubi-Ka seems set to change. Could be fun!
    Gimme sammich!!1

Reborn Sammich

As people have said, yep if ya org is small and alone then you are in trouble.

But also as people have said, a few shouts out on Clan OOC or Org Leader channel, and Clans will come running to help out.

I speak only for Mercury Dragons, but i know a lot of other Clans would do exactly the same. We would help any Clan that needed back-up.

All it takes is a few messages. The word soon gets around that Clanners are under attack
    Sulema Keaorata Fahrni

You dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast