Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stiletto Construction Questions.

Stiletto Construction Questions.

Highorbit and I are working on building my Stiletto... I have all the parts needed in the appropriate QLs.. Except the NotuComm Mesh.. Now.. Within the Stiletto Building kit, it states that the Cold Stones need to be reprogrammed... We're assuming this is why we can't combine the Cold Stones with the NotuComm Wire... Because we haven't reprogrammed them.. Anyone have any ideas?
    I hold no ties to any faction.

I am Clan, only because it suits my purposes. I will not fight your war for you, as it is not my war. Unless it benefits me.
    I am not Omni, as I am not a sheep. I have individual thoughts and feelings and I do not take orders well.
    I am not Neutral as I believe in taking any advantage offered to me.

I go where the winds take me. I believe in absolute freedom. I sell to the highest bidder, no matter their affiliation.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

cold stones are a "gem" just like a ruby or gold sphere and need to be cut with a gem cutter to be put into jewelry... this may be what you need to do, try cutting them with a gem cutter and see if that helps.

Already have done so... No go.

I am Clan, only because it suits my purposes. I will not fight your war for you, as it is not my war. Unless it benefits me.
    I am not Omni, as I am not a sheep. I have individual thoughts and feelings and I do not take orders well.

I go where the winds take me. I believe in absolute freedom. I sell to the highest bidder, no matter their affiliation.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

Hi,
    You need to use the Nano Programming Interface on the ColdStones before attaching it the wire.

However........the Stiletto is NOT_IN_THE_GAME...er I mean "bugged" at this moment. You cannot combine the the final completed NotuComm Wire to create the NotuComm Mesh.

Jinny "Hodelay" Belote
    Clan Opifex Trader - RK 2
    Proprietor of Hodelay's Boutique

Damn.. That's what I thought, and was afraid of.. It dsoesn't work on cut stones..

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

50 mil wasted on a stupid mistake.. Having the stones cut..

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

so what you are saying is DO NOT cut your coldstones, but rather us an NPI on them. ouch, hope you didn't cut them all Knight. i would have done 1 and tried... doh!

That I did... Back to square one, because I went on a vehicle buying spree.. ..and now I'm broke..

Bought:

Manta A.V.
    Manta Neo-Concept
    Manta Sportline

along with my Stiletto and I already had an Adaga Brutal.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

Ah well.. This shall henceforth be known as Knightwulf's Folly...

Also interesting to note.. I wasted 16 mil earlier by buying two new paintjobs for my Adaga... An Elegante and a Brutal... Now.. I've already painted my Adaga with a Brutal, but I wanted to try out the Elegante... ...and bought another Brutal in case I hated the Elegante. WHOOPS! Can't repaint an Adaga like you can a standard Yalm.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

Wait... Thinking here... You stated that the Mesh wasn't in the game yet.. Sooo.. Does that meant that it would give the 'cannot combine' message when processing the Stones as well? (Hopeful pleading...)

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

Unhappy

Unfortunately this is already in the game....NotuComm Circuitry with One Sensor

Sorry to hear about your mishap.
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote

speaking of adaga paintjobs... i have a QL133 adaga that i love, but am i the only one that thinks the paintjobs for these awesome yalms looks like total and complete crap? sorry if you like your brutal look, but i myself think the lousy resolution images of an atrox and a solitus female on a crappy "flame job" on an ugly blue background are just ghetto. on the other hand... i really like the standard adaga look and don't plan on changing mine, but if there were "color" changes like the gold and the red of the original yalms i'd probably do that to my adaga.

Personally, I love the look of the Brutal, save for the Atrox... It's just vicious looking.. But yeah, if I could get the 'Trox off my Yalm, I'd be a happy Fixer.. (Enter: The Stiletto)

(By the by... The Brutal isn't blue like the Elegante.. It's primarily black with red/orange/yellow flamejob)
    Last edited by Knightwulf; Dec 6th, 2002 at 02:46:53.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

few quick questions before i try to make a new yalm....
    1. how many cold stones are needed for the Stiletto?
    2. if u buy the new paint for the regular yalms does it change the air req? and can u change the paint again and again?
    3. do any of the parts/paint drop in miss (boss, mob, chest, miss reward)?
    4. what skills are needed to do the painting of the regular yalm?
    5. to make the Stiletto from the kit, what skills are needed?

well thats all for now, once i manage to get another 119 mill i can buy the dang stuff for a Stiletto!
    Xolinlevh 202 NT Armor
    owner of 2x qual 108 freedom arms notum! and member of The Black Hand
    now wielding a qual 200 freedom arms G2!!!

Recoil04 158 agent Armor

1.) 18 of QL160+
    2.) No. Yes.
    3.) No (Save for Cold Stones, which is the only place to acquire them)
    4.) No idea, but I'm under the impression that a level 10 player could do it.
    5.) Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, bu the Stiletto doesn't become NODROP until you use the registrar on it, so you can hand it over to a Tradeskiller you trust to assemble it, and then you can register it.

I am Fixer.

Knightwulf

Paint

Also interesting to note.. I wasted 16 mil earlier by buying two new paintjobs for my Adaga... An Elegante and a Brutal... Now.. I've already painted my Adaga with a Brutal, but I wanted to try out the Elegante... ...and bought another Brutal in case I hated the Elegante. WHOOPS! Can't repaint an Adaga like you can a standard Yalm.
    Hold on to that paint. We're planning to make it possible to repaint a "brutal" with an "elegante" motif and vice versa. Perhaps also make it possible to remove the paint entirely. Currently scheduled for 14.8.

Talking

Maybe Stiletto in 14.8? PRETTY PLEASE!!!!

You can use ql 144 ColdStones if you use the ql 160 NotuComm Wire. Also before you start gathering parts for your Stiletto make sure you will be able to equip it. The Vehicle Air Reqs are pretty insane. 920 VA for the ql 160.
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote

Re: Paint

Originally posted by JimSalabim

Hold on to that paint. We're planning to make it possible to repaint a "brutal" with an "elegante" motif and vice versa. Perhaps also make it possible to remove the paint entirely. Currently scheduled for 14.8.
    good to know Jim, will there be solid color paint jobs for the adagas like the regular yalms or do we have to live with a big atrox on the front of the yalm?

it requires 36 cold stones unlike in the description, I think they will fix the description soon.

and yes the ql of cold stones has to be 144 or higher .. if you build a ql 160 stiletto .

If you have any other questions you can contact me since I just finished my stiletto . Thanks to all my lovely guild members ty ty ty and Thanks to Lucien for telling me about this desc being wrong (although it took 4 days )

Ooh and if you are wondering what I am doing with it?
    Well this!!
    Jena Loveyou Bunke
    - lvl 200 Doctor - Unit Leader of Storm -
    Spanky Debugged Bunke
    - lvl 171Fixer - Unit Member of Storm -

Visit Storm at our website

Thumbs up

Arghhhhh! PLEASE PLEASE tells me how to make. I'll be your bestest friend

I am stuck at the point where you can't combine the completed NotuComm wire with the Double NotuComm wire.

ps. GRATS!!!!!
    Jinny "Hodelay" Belote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast