Thread: How to make an Agent an Agent

Exclamation How to make an Agent an Agent

I have been reading alot of the agent forums, and one thing that they all have in common is that an agent is not what they are supposed to be. They all pretty much say that agents are Jacks of all trades , and that is not what we how many of us that play agents thought the profession would be, considering that is how the Adventurer is discribed.

There are many suggestions on how to make an agent a true agent and I believe that only two things need to be done so that we become true agents.

1) Make a new agent only rifle that has all the same stats as the x-3, but lower the speed of it to 1.0 to 1.5. Also remove the bonuses that it gives to the wearer. This will give an agent a fast weapon that deals good damage which is something we are lacking. And to make this an even more prized weapon either put it on one of the Unique Mobs, i.e. Tara, Mantis Queen,etc..., as was done with the EoT and the Queen blade, or make it a quest item as was done with the fixer grid.

2) Nerf the aimed shot so that if you have that skill over 900 you have a 10% chance of doing a 10k aimed shot in pvp, and for every 100 skill points below that the chance drops by 2%. That will make the agent titles (i.e. Assassin, Master Assassin, etc...) ring true.

I hope that Funcom and others read this post and consider the changes that I have suggested to the Agent class. For I believe that with these two simple changes the Agent will be what many of us that play agents thought it would be when we chose the profession.

Re: How to make an Agent an Agent

Originally posted by Wolfheart5150
    I have been reading alot of the agent forums, and one thing that they all have in common is that an agent is not what they are supposed to be. They all pretty much say that agents are Jacks of all trades , and that is not what we how many of us that play agents thought the profession would be, considering that is how the Adventurer is discribed.

There are many suggestions on how to make an agent a true agent and I believe that only two things need to be done so that we become true agents.

1) Make a new agent only rifle that has all the same stats as the x-3, but lower the speed of it to 1.0 to 1.5. Also remove the bonuses that it gives to the wearer. This will give an agent a fast weapon that deals good damage which is something we are lacking. And to make this an even more prized weapon either put it on one of the Unique Mobs, i.e. Tara, Mantis Queen,etc..., as was done with the EoT and the Queen blade, or make it a quest item as was done with the fixer grid.

2) Nerf the aimed shot so that if you have that skill over 900 you have a 10% chance of doing a 10k aimed shot in pvp, and for every 100 skill points below that the chance drops by 2%. That will make the agent titles (i.e. Assassin, Master Assassin, etc...) ring true.

I hope that Funcom and others read this post and consider the changes that I have suggested to the Agent class. For I believe that with these two simple changes the Agent will be what many of us that play agents thought it would be when we chose the profession.
    Want a fast rifle, raise your ranged int.
    Unique rifle from a mob? You can put that idea where the leet don't go. X-3's are hard enough to come by at higher QL Levels.
    AS is fine as it is. Take that nerf and go somewhere warm with it.
    Have a nice day!
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

actually making the gun super fast and reducing crits in a non critting world would make it a great gun.

lets put it on the same mob that has the bloodbats though ok? hehe
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL