Thread: Cz: Congrats on getting Item Reimbursement!

Cz: Congrats on getting Item Reimbursement!

Cz,

I know you've been pushing hard for this for a long time, way to go!

Scorus

P.S. Sorry, didn't know what forum to put this in.

The reimbursement of lost items in a nice addition. However, you've got to read the small print....

Make sure you include both the name of the item and the quality level (QL). You must know what item you lost.
    The interesting point here is, How do you find out the name and quality of the item you lost? For example. I have numerous Doc mission-only nanos that I've placed in my backpack and in my bank. I know the sort of thing they are (team heal, individual heal, hot, etc) and the general quality, but I don't have the exact details of name and qualty written down anywhere. According to this fine print, if I lost one, too bad. Same with my Yalmaha. Its around ql 35 (or was), but probably not exactly ql 35. And I sure don't know what the added run-speed is now that they're all 'special' quality. So I'm out of luck here too. Currently then, for this system to work, people are going to have to enumerate every single item they don't want to lose and stuff this paper someplace for future reference.

The point here is, if you're going to provide this reimbursement feature, and have this 'exact detail' requirement you need to provide a way for people to easily capture all the exact details of their items and store it online.

Of course, the other point is, Is this 'exact detail' requirement necessary? Presumably not, because for this feature to work Funcom muist have implemented a system than can verify what somebody says is true. If they can verify, then they can search for items you should have but don't, which means, there is no need for this 'exact detail' requirement at all.

/manifest ?

Originally posted by Wraith God
    The point here is, if you're going to provide this reimbursement feature, and have this 'exact detail' requirement you need to provide a way for people to easily capture all the exact details of their items and store it online.
    Give us a /manifest command that dumps all our inventory including items in bank/packs to a text file in the AO directory (i.e. Manifest001.txt. I wouldn't care if it took up to 5 minutes to run. Like:

Player: Velo (Level 78 Male Opifex Fixer)
    Manifest Date: 09/08/2002 19:25:02 UTC

WORN:
    Augmented Flowers Tech Helmet (QL105)
    Augmented Flowers Tech Boots (QL102)
    NCU (32-64) (QL 159)

INVENTORY:
    Large Backpack WITH:
    --Cold Stone (QL 170)
    --Cold Stone (QL 172)
    --OT Kerans Automatic Grinner (QL160)
    Personal Lockpick (QL1)
    Bullets (QL1) x 17652

BANK:
    Large Backpack WITH:

Get it? You could also do a later /Manifest and compare it with an earlier one to see what's missing. It would also help people who trade items on the forums/in game to have a handy-dandy list of things to sell.

PLEASE?
    Last edited by SBExp; Dec 6th, 2002 at 10:05:48.
    Turchin - Fat Crat member of Illuminati.

Bump for the Hendrix fan idea
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web