Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Athens Accord: Already failed

Athens Accord: Already failed

Wow, who's that in MMD talking trash and group-ganking?

Opposing Farce baby!

They group up, kill a person then talk smack about how much the dead person sucks "j00 sux d00d, 5 on 1 we pwned j00".

Division 9... next time you do something to get in the "news" try to make it less laughable.

Portman (yes, THE Portman) arranged a duel for me and a clanner... and good lil' girl Taxed interfered and messed it up!

So if I were you'd I'd dump this Accord asap or you guys will suffer an even bigger hit to your image.

Yes I am a loyal Omni Employee, but if it means anything I can still back up CaptFallout's claim. I witnessed most of the event at MMD, and the most vocal and vulgar group was indeed Opposing Force. They were constantly shouting obsene comments, being very rowdy, and picking a fight with most Omni-Tek Employees. True CaptFallout wasn't the picture of perfection himself, but for the most part from what I could see Opposing Force were the instegators. I was even attacked by a member of Opposing Force, and I hadn't said one thing the entire time. The Athens Accord has indeed failed.

Hershel Linder
    Level 54 Engineer
    Loyal Omni-Tek Employee

/me stats laughing hysterically

1. Captfallout : It was a fair 1vs1 fight, nobody interveined

2. Hershel Linder : Captfallout started talking all the dirt, we just defended out honor

3. As Athen Accord members, we have a duty to protect any member of the treaty Clan or Omni no matter what the cost

Lemme remind you what happened.

Portman came to MMD.

I saw her, told her she will be brought to justice and she arranged a duel to prove once and for all that clans are better.

She arranged a fight with me and a Nano-Tech named "Caid".

She said for no one to interfere or she "Would slit your throat".

It went pretty well... Caid rooted me as soon as I stepped in (out of her nuke range though) which I assume was as good as saying "Ill hold him down! someone kill him before he gets to me! wah wah wah"

Anyway, I got there... let some shots rip and got him to 1/3 health (I was over 75% healthy after a few of his crummy nukes) Taxed saw clans would be losing hard today... so he jumped in.

Over half of all damage done was done by Taxed... the person from Opposing Farce. The duel was ruined by Opposing Farce. Simple as that.

You guys dislike the negative PR? Then stop going out and earning it!

Portman said for no one to interfere.... stupid lil' Taxe didn't understand.

Don't worry, Caid and Taxed were both executed later (a few times) so they got what they deserved.

Oh, and clanners... enjoy knowing that I did over 5000 damage to Portman and she did none to me. How's that for your hero?

Even better was with Biggfoo. Level 86 Fixer from OTAC who was able to survive many attacks from Opposing Farce (at one time it was 4 100+ people)

One word for you: owned

Angry

From all accounts that I've heard, including direct communication with a member of clan Opposing Force, the events in question did in fact transpire as described above. It pains me a great deal to have to agree with an OT employee, but that is the unfortunate position I find myself in today.

This is precisely the sort of thing the clans do not need--undisciplined and thoughtless acts that show the clans in a bad light. That the person dishonorably interfering in a duel is a member of one of the clans endorsing the ridiculous and ill-conceived Athen Accord underlines the futility and foolishness of any agreement made with OT or its employees. Further, it is precisely this sort of act that Omni-Tek will use to justify the end of the so-called amnesty and the inception of even harsher punitive measures than we experienced before.

This unfortunate event also offers opportunity to reexamine the motives of those organizations entering into such an treaty. Again, I find it distasteful to have to agree with a member of that oppressive and monstrous entity known as Omni-Tek, but I am forced to consider the notion that the Athen Accord was nothing more than an opportunity for those involved to seek the spotlight without merit.

What, besides drawing attention to the signatories, does this Accord accomplish? I can see no benefit, no plan of action, no furtherance of the rebel cause. It is in my opinion a setback, a show of uncertainty and timidity, when precisely the opposite is called for.

Clanners, let us make the headlines by what we do, and not what we promise. Let us work together to obtain the single goal we all share: freedom. Accepting any offer of amnesty, any promise of peace, is capitulation to the very forces we exist to oppose. Tell your leaders and your fellow rebels: talk is cheap, but direct action against those who would oppress the citizens of Rubi-Ka is as precious as the freedom we seek.

There can be no peace with OT until Rubi-Ka is free. Fellow clanners, join with me in urging the Council of Truth to reject this so-called amnesty and any intimations of treaty offered by Omni-Tek.

Noth1ng, how do you explain the random attacks on Omni-Tek employees who were not in a Detachment affiliated with CaptFallout? I'm not even in an organization, either were several others who I saw attacked by members of Opposing Force. I saw someone just running to the Grid who was then attacked and killed by a member of your "honorable" Opposing Force Organization.

So if I were you, I wouldn't start laughing. We had high hopes for this Accord, but I guess the clans can't even keep their word for one day.

Wow, your version is almost right

Well well, you know my dear capt. Fallout, I would like to point out a minor flaw in your reasoning... Opposing force would have a rather difficult time attacking people when most of them were grouped with div9 members... Of course someone so obviously studies and knologable of the game would know that when clan and omni group their team is neutral, neutral as you also must know cannot attack...

Captian, if ignorance were bliss... You would be the happiest person I know...
    Lt. Donte "Revalation" Danczak
    Central Intelligence
    (R.S.G.E.) Division 9
    "It was all right... Everthing wal all right, he loved big brother."

You're right... that would be a flaw if my reasoning resembled anything like you said.

So you are saying Division 9 grouped with clanners when in PvP?

Is that what you are saying?

Because there were many cases of Opposing Farce group pvping and then bragging when they gank someone who never had a chance...

Care to explain that?

Thumbs down What a POOR looser.

You know Fallout, I was THERE at MMD for the WHOLE thing. I saw everything and participated in the event.

You are constantly accusing other people/guilds of all kinds of "henious" acts, but from what I saw you are guilty of just about EVERYTHING you accuse others of. I watched you and Bigfoo double team Gelloy, while hiding behind walls and in the 100% zone. (C'mon say I'm a lair.. I have the screenshot to prove it. You can even see the shot trails coming from both of you at the same time..nicely showing your positions.) I watched as you tried to trap a number of OpFor members in a little ambush with a bunch of your friends next to the lake in MMD... ONLY TO GET YOURSELF KILLED BY MESSMAN OF CLAN OPPOSING FORCE!!! (Got the screenshot of THAT too.) There are posts about OpFor members shouting vulgarities, but in ALL the screenshots I have the vulgarities and obcenities are coming from OT members and especially CaptFallout. I'm not saying that there weren't Athen's Accord members who might have shouted the odd cuss word in the heat of battle, or at the moment of defeat or victory but we certainly weren't the primary scource of them.

On a side note... I noticed a little something about you, Fallout. You are the epitome of a poor looser and a WORSE winner. When you managed to kill someone in PvP you're normal modus opperendi is to gloat, and call them names, then BRAG about it in shout.... When you were yourself killed in PvP your standard reaction is to shout obcenities at the victor, make EXCUSES for why you lost (Never admitting when someone just plain beat you), and then slander anyone and everyone on the side of the person who knocked you off. It's no wonder that there are folks out there (On BOTH SIDES, btw) who chomp at the bit to get a shot at you. Personally, I can't WAIT to reach lvl 75 just so I can find you and PvP your butt, and if you happen to win... at least people won't have to listen to ME ***** and whine about it.

Jena "Sheigh" Denick
    Soldier
    Clan Opposing Force
    Rubi-Ka 1

OK this is going to end up being a little long and I apologies for that. Something these things have to be.

First I am going to address Mistress_Sheigh post, then I will give a run down on the events that have concerns in this thread.

I watched you and Bigfoo double team Gellroy, while hiding behind walls and in the 100% zone. (C'mon say I'm a lair.. I have the screenshot to prove it. You can even see the shot trails coming from both of you at the same time..nicely showing your positions.)
    OK, first off my name is BIGGFOO, that's two Gs and two Os, and since you "saw the whole thing" and apparently were documenting put up your screenshots. I can give you some webspace you if need them. But you have to put up all the screenshots, and not just the ones you wish to use to try and spread half-truths. First of all saying you saw capt and myself double teaming Gellroy is a lie. There were more than 2 of us. The manner in which you wrote that suggest that we through some miracle or exploit were able to attack in a 100% suppression zone, and decided to "jump" him. The fact of the matter is that Gellroy attacked me first as I was standing in the 25% zone. I then preceded to root him and run like hell. (As is the typical fixer response to someone almost 110 levels above you, attacking you.) I then told my team, who included Capt and a few other OTAC members that he was attacking me and to open fire.

From your post feel that you might need this explained. When you are in a team and in a pvp zone, you teammates can attack anyone that attacks you regardless of the suppression gas. As long as the first attack occurred in a 25% or 0% zone.(Not that it could occur in any other type of zone). When they stared opening fire, and I noticed his health was dropping fast I stopped, outside of the range of his weapons, and auto-attack too over, and I began to return fire. The fact there there was a wall between myself and him was not premeditated, and is a flaw in the game mechanics, that allow shots to travel through solid objects.(If you have a problem with this there is forum that you can go raise a discussion about it in). I do not see you saying that you saw him shooting me through a wall also. That is funny because he was, and I was nearly killed and took flight again. Gellroy was them magically healed to full health and teleported to my location. I slowed him and ran again. Magically I was halted and he appeared out of thin air and shot me. This continued on for a little longer, until I was magically teleported into the middle of MMD in the middle of Portman's gang.

Now to prove capt's point about some of OpFor's members.
    ONLY TO GET YOURSELF KILLED BY MESSMAN OF CLAN OPPOSING FORCE!!! (Got the screenshot of THAT too.)
    . Nuff said.

Yes I was killed a few times. Yes capt was kill for a few times. But those few times it was by at lest 3 or more members of OpFor. Some of the parties involved were messman, blackjon, taxed, some crat, a trader, and some female trader. I forget some of the names. I could tell you them if I saw them again.

As a fact a majority of the non-role-playing bashing was coming from members of OpFor. Capt did in some instances reply to them and words were exchanged ect ect. The initial attack the started this entire event was caused by an OpFor member taxed. A majority of the /tells I received following the event, many of which involved descriptions of sexual acts involving my mother (Hey if that's your thing who am I to stop you), and general comments about how I suck, and they own, came from the same members of OpFor .

Now here is a general statement to the population of Rubi-Ka, and the player base. A majority of you whine, and complain about Capt's whining and complaining. How are you any different than he is. Just because you are complaining about something different than he doesn't make you any better. In fact, at lest his complaints are made from a strong belief in the potential of this game, and provoke discussions on how thing could and or should be. Yours are merely for the purpose of trying to put a person down.

I apologies for the length of this, but some thing had to be said. I also apologies for not having screenshots of the event, as I was to taken up in participating in it to take time to document it. Despite some thing that happened, it was one of the more fun nights I have had on rubi-ka.

Finally I hope that everyone who is thinking of posting anymore in this thread will take time to remember this is not a flame forum. Take it with a grain of salt. Think before you post.
    Fausto Biggfoo Clyburn

Are you some kind of robot? And if so what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for Good? or for Awesome?

Originally posted by biggfoo

Yes I was killed a few times. Yes capt was kill for a few times. But those few times it was by at lest 3 or more members of OpFor. Some of the parties involved were messman, blackjon, taxed, some crat, a trader, and some female trader. I forget some of the names. I could tell you them if I saw them again.

Very interesting indeed.
    Were these high level traders?

A female trader?? What level?
    You are absolutely sure they were ALL from OpFor?

Hmmm. I have the highest trader in Opfor, I do believe...
    He's only lvl50, and I was logged on as my lvl37, in Longest
    Road while all of this went down.

A crat?
    (We only have a couple crats in the whole clan...only one
    high enough to pvp you)

So, maybe you saw these 3 members of OpFor, and 3 members of some other clan grouped? Or maybe you didn't see it at all?
    You talk about posting shots - Lets see the screenshots of this group, with the the 6 people you speak of.

Oh, and from what it sounds like - you WERE attacking from 100%
    suppresion....to your own admittance...

As far as the Athens Accord...Were ANY members of the accord
    attacked, on EITHER side, by another member? I don't think so.

Zardosz/TaohJones
    Opifex Trader
    Member - Clan Opposing FORCE
    Member - Athens Accord

Question Hmmm

I absolutely agree with your last remark, it SHOULDN'T be a flame forum....

Of course it didn't help to have your esteemed "Leader" start the whole thread off by flaming OpFor, now did it?

Like I said before, I'm just sick and tired of listening to Fallout's BS. You have been lucky up to this point because the position of OpFor has mostly been one of tolerance for Fallout. We usually never respond to his malicious remarks and let his own poor behavior show him for what he is... an attention seeking, immature, media hound. We have been taking his derrogatory remarks with a smile and keep accepting applicants who "Just wanna shut that CaptFallout guy UP!!". I think a critical mass is starting, and it won't be OpFor that isn't standing at the end.

The fact that I can't stand to listen to his crap anymore out of love and respect for the INCREDIBLE guild I belong to, should be proof enough to anyone. OPPOSING FORCE ROCKS!!

Jena "Sheigh" Denick
    Soldier
    Clan Opposing Force
    Rubi-Ka 1

http://www.opfor.i8.com

I am reposting this here from the thread: Recent Omni-Tek efforts to deal with clan terrorist, Portman. Started by CaptFallout. I felt everyone in this thread should read it.

I was there in MMD when CaptFallout and the other groups with him attacked. There is something Fallout fails to mention thought. Everytime I was able to check, when an Accord member was attacked. The Accord members shield reflected back the first attack. What does this mean? The Accord member didn't fire first! Most of the Accord members stood in the 25% zone. The ones that didn't stood in the 100% zone. Watching what was going on.

Fallout made this post because of a couple reasons.

1st... His attempt to trap two Opposing Force members failed. This was relayed to me about what happened. Fallout ran away from MMD with 2 Oposing Force members in pursuit. At a predesignated point. Three friends of Fallout jumped out and opened fire on the Opposing Force members. The younger Opposing Force member fought back but fell quickly. Due to the sneak attack. The older Opposing Force member then dispatched the three that jumped them. With his health at 25% and Fallout's health at 100%. The older memeber started running back to MMD, with Fallout in pursuit. Just as they were getting to MMD the older member decided, what the hell, then turned and attacked Fallout. In 2 - 3 hits Fallout fell face first into the lake by MMD. Later Fallout (seeking revenge) fell again to the older Opposing Force member. No matter how much you denigh this Fallout, it happened.

2nd... Looking at the 1st and Fallouts other posts in this thread. It is quite obvious Fallout is trying to "save face". By bashing the Athen Accords and its members.

The flaming in this thread started when CaptFallout said, "I'd rather not hear from you." In his responce to n0th1ng's post. It didn't start with Sheigh, BiggFoo. So you might want to rethink what you said. The only one there in MMD that night speaking dood speak, that I know of. Was you Fallout. I know there were others but since you must shout out everything you say. You stuck out.

So this thread was really started for one reason and one reason only. So that CaptFallout could give his ego a boost. Because, Clan Opposing Force and the other Accord memebers spanked him, OTAC and the others in the attack on MMD's rear end. Period.

And for this thread here I will say this. The originator of this thread, CaptFallout, started OUT flaming. So you can't complain BiggFoo or ask people not to flame in here. Because its going to happen. If you read above you will see that Fallout flames in the other thread as well. Humm...

Oh and this, Messman was indeed the older Opposing Force member that took out CaptFallout. Read above to see how it happened. Again I will say. Don't denigh it Fallout, beacuse you know its true.
    Unity
    Fixer

Opposing Force
    Founder

:Cracks his knuckles and wiggles his fingers:

Well its early but lets dive right in shall we?

First, I never said that capt didn't start the "flaming" I don't really consider most of this thread flaming. I did/do foresee that this has great potential to turn into a name calling fest, that would make a 1st grader proud. If your willing to keep it to the subject at hand. (Which appears to be your upset with fallout's report reflects poorly on your organsation.) Then bring it.

Thanks for getting my name right. You don't need to capitalize it though. Unless you want to. Whatever floats your boat.

A female trader?? What level?
    You are absolutely sure they were ALL from OpFor?
    I miss typed that part is should have been a soldier and a female trader. No the female trader was not in Opfor, but was grouped with them because she was able to attack me in the 100% zone. That brings up another issue. You seem to be fixed on the
    Oh, and from what it sounds like - you WERE attacking from 100%
    suppresion....to your own admittance...
    We were not able to fire on people in the 100% any time we liked. On person, which happened to be me most of the time would step into the 25% zone and shoot, initiating combat. Once combat is initiated, any team member of either party can return fire regardless of suppression gas. This is how it has been since I started back in beta.

You talk about posting shots - Lets see the screenshots of this group, with the the 6 people you speak of
    I already said I didn't have screenshots of the event. I'm sorry next time I a being chased, I will make sure to turn around and take some screenshots. But where are all of yours? Like I said, I can provide you with some space to put them up if you need, just let me know.

:takes a sip of his coffee:

Moving on....

In response to yellow beards first point. Your reports are not really in the correct order. The "ambush" of your members, occurred when I was chased from the lake side around and up into the desert. When I ran through the city members of my guild took flight to catch to to me, and my pursuer's who were messman and blackjohn. (There might have been someone else, If there was I don't remember their profession or names). Once I was told that I had some help, I used first aid and ran back to the members of my guild. There I saw blackjohn die, and then I died.

When fallout died in the lake was the third time that we tried to make a assault on taxed. A member of our team, it was either myself or Kendrick stepped into the 25% and shot. That resulted in 4-5 people heading straight for fallout, who ran into the lake and died. There are a lot of screenshots of that. I remember people yelling for about 5 mins that is was the greatest screenie ever. I'm surprised its not shot of the day somewhere .

Here I will make the statement I think you are looking to hear. Fallout's statement:
    Wow, who's that in MMD talking trash and group-ganking
    Is misrepresentative of the events that transpired. The group attacking was in response to attacks provoked by OTAC members. (Now for the part you might not want to hear) Our attacks how ever were in response to a member of OpFor, deciding to interfere with the duel between fallout and caid, arranged by portman
    Fausto Biggfoo Clyburn

Are you some kind of robot? And if so what kind of powers do you have? Do you use them for Good? or for Awesome?

AA > Rubi-ka olympics

Must really bug CptFallout that his Rubi-Ka Olympics didn't effect the game anywhere near the Athens Accords have.
    The accords my fail, the ceasefire may end and we be fully at war, but the members of the Athens Accord will have at least made an effort to make Rubi-Ka a better place, and to bring peace to Rubi-Ka like Mr. Ross wants.
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

<<< OOC - It just seems that both OpFor and Div9 are just talk and publicity, and NO ACTION. C'mon people...

<<< IC -

I am not suprised what so ever that the Athen Accords has already failed... at the hand of its charter factions. It's a whole mess... see what happens when upstanding OMNI citizens try and befriend rebel idiots?
    It just seems that both OpFor and Div9 are just talk and NO ACTION.

/applause CptnFallout - speak out!

OMNI will flourish, clans will vanish.

Mege
    M.O.T.H.E.R.

Exclamation The Athen Accords ARE NOT DEAD...

Are you mad?

First off...the Athen Accords has not failed...these are the rantings of a madman with no forsight.

As for you mege...are you not a member of MOTHER, the very same organization that assembled the UNITY MARCH just two short weekends ago?

Reconsider your position with Omni-Tek if you support war...for it violates the corporate order passed down from Chairman Ross himself..
    General Glenn "Barzillai" Craddock
    Founder & Co-President
    Division 9 RSGE
    ::Serving Omni-Tek::

you'll see MOTHERs official and final response on this issue soon. we do know that we're NOT signing the athen accord and supporting murderers.

the unity walk was to show our support for OMNI-Tek, but that we were not going to just follow him blindly and completely reverse our ideals on command. the walk was a mock, specifically against the amnesty... "bring it on!"

Mege
    M.O.T.H.E.R.
    Last edited by mege; Nov 21st, 2001 at 06:03:05.

Re: Hmmm

Originally posted by Mistress_Sheigh
    Of course it didn't help to have your esteemed "Leader" start the whole thread off by flaming OpFor, now did it?
    So OpFor broke it's own peace treaty because someone loudmouthed them? If that's all it takes, the treaty really ain't worth the memory chips it resides in. If peace is REALLY what you want, you ignore the man, not attack him.

Sincerely
    Kavanagh
    24-7

The actions of Opposing Force were not triggered by me "flaming" anyone.

Over a month before Opposing Force camped in 2h0 for almost an hour. GMs had to come to stop their cheating, and I reported it. It became widespread knowledge that Opposing Force cheated in PvP and were not honorable.

They squealed in anger, but that was all they could do.

Taxed had a personal issue with me, he had previously "dueled" me in the past and lost hard every time. (I was 20 levels below hiim at the time of those duels)

He saw a person he and his guild didn't like and he took the opportunity to ruin the duel.

So it wasn't even a thing that was recent that triggered this outburst and destruction of this so-called Athens Accord. It was old news and poor sportsmanship that triggered Opposing Force to break the document that Barzillai claims is still as strong as ever.

What's annoying me is how the Omni signees of the Athens Accord will not even respond to these attacks, and they are doing it solely because they cannot answer in a manner that won't make them look bad.

Say nothing; look guilty.

Say the truth; look stupid.

I can see why they aren't responding... but it sure isn't scoring them any points.

I might be obnoxious, but I will never be dishonest. Nor will I fiegn ignorance when it is convienient for my agenda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast