Thread: Observations and Suggestions RE: Bases

Observations and Suggestions RE: Bases

The following points are coloured by my own opinions and experience as a high-level character in a mid-size, mid-level, decidedly non-uber organization that still has the cheek to want to have fun with towers.

Here are the observations:
    1. Battles are fun! Very fun! But only when you can participate in them somehow. It feels good to be doing something with a lot of other players, from many organizations. Win or lose, that's cool.

2. Bases of QL 150 and under are too weak. Way too weak. The battles to hold these bases are often over before they can start. This is kind of silly, your base should be pretty robust and able to buy you enough time to try and rescue the controller. That's the point of having all the other towers, right?

3. A six-hour window of vulnerability to attack for bases is just too long a time.

4. Attacking is mostly fun and easy. Defending is mostly boring and annoying.

And the suggestions:
    1. Implement an alliance system with some good features to it. The coolest thing about NW, so far, has been working together with other orgs. Give us ways to enhance that

2. Beef up defenses of ql 201- bases, or else implement a system whereby the Controller can't even be damaged until all the turrets and guardians around it are destroyed.

3. Make the Org. Towers and All Towers channels work for people besides the leaders. It really helps to know when our base is under attack without having to have someone at the towers 'camping' them for hours at a time to keep watch.

4. Four hours of vulnerability would have been plenty, at least for bases under QL 201. It would give people who own a base a chance to sleep and do stuff other than play AO, at least

5. Give people that the towers there would fire on, according to the gas %, who are entering a LC area only 15 seconds of grace, and when they leave the area give them 15 minutes of disgrace. Or else PvP-flag those people for 30 minutes or something. But please stop the gas-camping attackers; once an attack starts you shouldn't be able to pull back to safety just by hopping over an invisible line
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Thumbs up

I agree, I think the alliance idea is very good.

This might help people defend their towers.

Make it so if a guild was in an alliance, then towers would not attack them during the 5% gas period.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

I agree. Set the window based on the ql of the controller.

ql1-99 : 3 hours (2+1)
    ql100-199 : 4 hours (3+1)
    ql200-299 : 5 hours (4+1)
    ql300 : 6 hours (5+1)

Alliances could be done via the org contract. Add a one-shot device to the game a guild leader can 'use' to create a guild token. They then exchange this with that of the ally guild and then both leaders put the other guilds token into their contract. After that, anyone in the allied guild would count as if in the controller's guild for defending purposes. Limit the number of allies a guild can have to 3 or 4 though...

The org towers seemed to work yesterday... I did see a message when our orgs shield was disabled...

And doing something about gas camping... the disgrace period is good, but probably needs to be longer (5-10 minutes should be adequate) if the shield has been disabled. And if the shield is disabled, reduce the grace period to 15sec too.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper