Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Community Update - Dec 5th

Profession issues transcend all dimensions, all factions, and all sexes. While it would be nice to have a professional of each of the three factions on each of the three dimensions and make sure half of them are male and female (would we make the distinction that they be a certain sex in real life or just their character?), doing so would be a logistical nightmare. I would want the best people for the Professional positions, regardless of dimension.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Things I'd be interested in hearing about on a weekly basis are things that you usually don't want to talk about, namely, what's actually being worked on by the coders.

I am glad the professionals programme is going again, though.

And I really liked an idea I saw elsewhere on the forums, about making some or all of the discussion from the Professionals forum public.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Cz
    I understand fully that you'd like some words from designers in weekly updates, but I can't write that. I can only give you updates on what I'm doing (previously the community team), and people seem to appreciate that, so I continue doing it.

But, limiting it to what I can tell you, what information are you interested in? Try think of things that do not involve me bugging designers, coders, etc, more than I already do, and see whether there's anything you wanna know.

If I'm going to have to involve the designers, I fear I might as well just stop doing these posts, as they're more than busy enough already. If I see that people don't read these updates very much, and they bring little info of interest to the community, I'll just spend my time on other issues, I guess.
    I'd like to see a list of what you think the hot Topics for the week are and if you have time a summary of what you are taking to the devs about each one. I think it would give us a warm fuzzy feeling to know that the time we spent responding to questions was taken to the devs, or even just knowing that our side of the debate lost would still give a certain comfort.

Originally posted by Dyna18
    Can someone answer me this:
    What server is each professional playing on.
    Is there any on Rimor even?
    Just to sorta comment on this.

While all the professionals play AO, the majority of the work we do as professionals is done either on the forums or on the test server. Because of this, it isnt really necessary for one professional to be from each side of the conflict, or in this case, on each server.

We are all fairly easy to reach, should you need to contact us. If not through a tell, then send an email or a private message on the forums.
    Candice "Nettie" Kerans
    www.ao-fixer.com

I would like to know what is being done, besides hats and sunglasses, for non-pvpers.
    Most of Notum Wars seems to be related to the whole "select player and hit q and see who has better acs/evades/weapon" that so many seem to enjoy, but for those of us who don't really care for that, its getting harder to find stuff to do.
    Now there's a new dungeon in this patch, but *sigh* its pvp?

The Subway was a great addition a few patches ago, but that is low level only, I'm looking forward to the next dungeon that anyone can enter, or perhaps some more quests. Just wanted to pipe up that hey some of us dont like pvp, balanced or not, just don't forget us please.

Not sure what to make of this post.
    If I'm misunderstanding, apologies in advance.

Someone asks for some info from random devs, just whatever they can spare, and the below just seems like a lot of bitter push back, and how dare you even ask, how would you like it if you didnt even get the little official feedback we do get?
    Everyone /prostrate right now, and stop asking for some actual info from the designers and devs instead of everything starting with "I think", or the few weekly updates you are privlidged to get will go away! Is that the message? Just wondering.

Originally posted by Cz

If I'm going to have to involve the designers, I fear I might as well just stop doing these posts, as they're more than busy enough already. If I see that people don't read these updates very much, and they bring little info of interest to the community, I'll just spend my time on other issues, I guess.

Why is everything geared toward PvP ?

And why is there so few tower areas ?

Being one of the stupid ones ordering NW online from FC (DR) I recieved NW yesterday, by that time all fields have been taken and my org's area are completely filled with towers, leaving me nothing. Why are these areas so small ?

I do hope FC will start talking to other players than the small minority 12 year old whiners with their lvl200 chars who only kick in life is to PvP. AO got plenty PvP but still every patch turn the game into more and more of it. Is it FC's intention to end up with a 100% PvP field ? Why, we have CS/Unreal/BF1942 for that...

Also when AO came we all hoped for a diversity in gameplay, and above all, very little camping...hehe, don't let me start...

Cz - what did NW bring me ? Plz tell me cause I seriously have not got a clue. Apart form more friends quitting because of PvP focus only.

Is it whining on this forum that is the main way to influnce this game ? Do FC have any form of policy to check out 'old-timers' and seriously check out broad based opinions about how AO should evolve ?

I once was interviewed by an Ark doing a public relation survey for FC ingame...10 questions about the petitioning system, one about the game...when answering the last he gave up on me and told me to e-mail FC...I really felt appriciated as a player...

What's the difference between PvP in AO and jumping off a high rise building ? You live a lot longer and have a much higher thrill jumping off the building...

Atene
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Funcom is holding back land control areas specifically because not everyone is getting it right away. I assume they'll release some or all of them in a week or three so people who didn't get NW right away can get towers. And even if they didn't do that, what's the point of letting everyone have all the land they want? There's no conflict in that. It's called Notum Wars for a reason.

And even then, your guild doesn't have to participate in NW at all, the game would be mostly the same as it was before if you just continued to play.
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

Except that people start leaving otherwhise good team becouse there towers is under attack and then you stand there with half the team and a hell of a lot of mobs to kill.

AND:

You want get the advantages others have and is therefor not as good as others that have the advantages. (With NW you can buy your self more über than those without)
    Once a gimp, always a gimp

How does others being more buffed affect you negatively in PvM?
    Hi.

Originally posted by Evilspork
    How does others being more buffed affect you negatively in PvM?
    Isn't that obvius? The NW player has better skills and therfor level faster or can do things the other can't.

I bought NW so I could get Add on HP and Nano (The guild has a QL 100 tower so I have +16 on MM,BM,MC, TS and a +368 in HP (Or something like that)))
    In other words: I would not have bought the NW if it wasn't manetory to get the skill increase.

I worded it badly, but my question was: how does another player being buffed by towers directly affect a non-NW player negatively in PvM?

And I have a +400ish hp tower myself, and once I hit 75 I'm going to add a MM/BM one. That still doesn't answer my question.
    Hi.

Oh for the love of jeebus on his birthday, why would anyone buy a game that is clearly, clearly based on the conflict between two factions and expect an emphasis on PvP? Personally, if I go to the cinema to see a movie called "Anarchy on the Big Screen," I'm expecting to see if a helluvalotta people die.

And as for you people who are anti-NW because you need it to get all your fancy bonuses. Apparently you've all been sittin around with your head so far into your intestinal track that you're yet to realize that THAT IS HALF THE SELLING POINT for EVERY MMORPG expansion EVER. Why the HELL would you buy something if it didn't give you something in return to make you better than those that didn't? In the case of NW, it's not a full x-pack so you don't get the whole "adding more zones" thing, so everything has to be invested in the gameplay and the fun and bonuses associated with it. Personally, if I buy a car that costs $5500 but is used, has 50,000 miles on it, and doesn't have a CD player, I got what I paid for. But if someone goes out and spends $12,000 on a new car with 0 miles, air conditioning, CD player and all that fancy stuff, I agree that his DRIVING EXPERIENCE should be better than mine. Everything about his life relating to driving should be better than mine... this means overall enjoyment while driving, the hassles with maintenance, the ability to pick up more/higher QL chicks due to the newness of the car, should all be better than mine because he spent the money. If you don't cough up the dough, you don't get the stuff. I believe it's something called "capitalism." You should look in to it.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    Oh for the love of jeebus on his birthday, why would anyone buy a game that is clearly, clearly based on the conflict between two factions and expect an emphasis on PvP? Personally, if I go to the cinema to see a movie called "Anarchy on the Big Screen," I'm expecting to see if a helluvalotta people die.

And as for you people who are anti-NW because you need it to get all your fancy bonuses. Apparently you've all been sittin around with your head so far into your intestinal track that you're yet to realize that THAT IS HALF THE SELLING POINT for EVERY MMORPG expansion EVER. Why the HELL would you buy something if it didn't give you something in return to make you better than those that didn't? In the case of NW, it's not a full x-pack so you don't get the whole "adding more zones" thing, so everything has to be invested in the gameplay and the fun and bonuses associated with it.
    Err... I play the game because of all the MMO's available when I began playing, it was the only one that had a sci-fi setting... which was refreshing. I assumed at the time that war would be a factor and that I would be fighting rather regularly with other players... I did not guess that most of the time the fighting would be won by those people with the most familiarity with the ways to manipulate the mechanics of the system (suppression gas, etc) rather than those who had the best skill/strategy... though I should have known.

Finally... the points made about Notum Wars are completely skewed. I BOUGHT the booster... and am getting nothing more out of it than those who bought it. Why? Because I didn't happen to be a part of one of the dominant orgs and don't feel like making my decisions on whether or not I join/stay with an org based on whether or not they're big enough to hold a base or three.

Question

From the closed thread in same forum:
    Pet pathing
    What's the progress status on this? Is it being worked on, and if so, how much? When can improvements be expected?
    Pet pathing is our customer service highest priority, and as the dev team we are looking into finding ways of dealing with this. We have allocated fresh people on this issue, but I cannot promise any definite solutions or the point in time when it will be completed. We are working on it though. How much (as in the number of people), that I am afraid is the type of information we do not give out.
    What I can promise is that 14.8 hopefully will see a number of changes happen to our mission dungeons. They will get a major overhaul, making them look and hopefully play, very much differently. There will be bigger and longer rooms with more interesting gameplay. This will actually help a lot as it is in the transitions from one small room to the other that the pets are struggeling the most.
    Did the one that wrote this actualy listen to any of the problem that has been reported as problems to pet pathing? Small room is not a problem. It is the way the pet behave that is. I have atleast 10 concreate problems that I can list that describes different problems with pet pathing.

If overhoul of the rooms is the only thing that is going to happend I senserly hope they make tabels, boxes and AT LEAST dorframes invisible for the pet so it don't get stuck in them. It will probably solve 10% of the pet pathing issue, but not more.

One tip: Let the client be in charge of the petpathing, not the server. The client seems to get it right more often than the server (And it seems from time to time it actualy manage to try again. The server dosen't)

*pokes the thread*
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Closing the thread to avoid discussions being brought in here instead of the correct forums and threads.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12