Thread: neutral teaming issue

neutral teaming issue

Funcom, fix the neutral teaming issue, or atleast give all the neutrals an official message that this is intended and indeed a "silent" nerf. but plz, don't just ignore us..

I've been out of game, Dev. What happened?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Team bug. Neutral in team, team side clan (if you team with clanners), but you still pull neutral missions. Result, no xp for clan mobs so now no clan/omni wants to team with neutrals.

THAT's why I haven't been able to get a team!

or maybe it's because I suck... Hmm i'll have to ponder this....
    ~Heaven just isn't hot enough, Burn me a light inside. Living my life's not hard enough, Take everything Away.~

I am a Neutral Evil Human Fighter Thief : Follower Of Cyric

Actually, no neutrals should want to team with all clan or all omni either, since they dont get the XP off the same sided mobs either.

sadly, its so hard to find a team, most neutrals would still want to do it anyway

yep.. neutral is the hard way..

off course no clanner/omniscum should get xp for killing someone on the same side.. this is RPG.. infact u should loose XP for it IMO

CohnKraD 212 MA Nano <First Nanomage GURU>
    CohnCrat 220 Crat Solitus
    Cohn007 216 Agent Solitus
    Goodone 211 Engineer Solitus
    MRCohn 214 Agent ATROX - Mongo rage *nerf*
    + + + many alts
    Killer 93% Achiever 66% Socializer 20% Explorer 20%

i can see that point of view, but sticking with that theory, a team with an omni side should always pull missions with clan and neutral mobs, whether a neutral is in the team or not.

The problem is, that doesn't happen. How would a full team of omnis feel if they pulled missions with omni mobs?

Originally posted by LordCohnKraD
    yep.. neutral is the hard way..

off course no clanner/omniscum should get xp for killing someone on the same side.. this is RPG.. infact u should loose XP for it IMO
    Apply the same rules to the mobs though - surely *real* omni mobs wouldn't attack omni players, so any omni mobs found aggroing omni players (or team-mates) in omni-rolled missions are by definition traitors or spies and deserve to be shot..

(And there's also no logic in neutrals getting no XP for neutral mobs imho - neutral doesn't mean 'part of the same organisation as all other neutrals', it just means 'not omni or clan')

But please fc fix this teaming issue somehow. It's making teaming for missions as a neutral character impossible right now. As a neutral, i stand by my right to work for whoever i damn well want! ;P

-M

well, I finally got confirmation from ARK/GMs that this indeed is a bug, and not intended.. no estimated tine when it will be sorted tho, haven't seen it in any patch/bug report... =/

The damage is done now.

Once the word goes out that this bug is about it will take many months even after a fix before omni/clan let neutrals back into teams.

The word of nerfs spread a lot quicker than fixes.

As if finding teams as a neutral was not hard enough.

Originally posted by Devgodz
    well, I finally got confirmation from ARK/GMs that this indeed is a bug, and not intended.. no estimated tine when it will be sorted tho, haven't seen it in any patch/bug report... =/
    It has been reported, the devs know about it. Now just waiting for that fix...

executing nanoprogram "reckless bump (team)"
    *bump*
    *bump executed successfully*
    you were hit with 5400hp [Edit: 4500hp.. I'm a gimp, remember]of unknow damage
    zoneing... please wait..........
    Last edited by Devgodz; Dec 9th, 2002 at 22:25:52.