Thread: Belt Component Platform ?

Belt Component Platform ?

Noticed this bug. It's minor, but VERY frustrating.

You get a mission. The mission tells you the reward is a Belt Component PLatform X-K or something. The description of the item says it holds 5 NCU's, but the paragraph says it is capable of holding 6 NCU's.

Thnking this was a bug, I did the mission. Sure enough, the reward was a Belt Component Platform 5000. As you know this only holds 5. Just a minor annoyance that should be looked into.

Been there, done that...sigh
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Actually I've seen this bug too - even though I read the desc I had to try the mission too see what was wrong, desc or belt...

Anyways, the lowest 6 slot belt is ql160 and requires 351 in CL.
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

I hate that bug. It used to annoy me as a newb too, when I was still searching for 4 belts. I would mission for one and it would instead be a 3 belt.

not really a bug

this is not really a bug. the description is not anything to rely on. if you check the modifiers (which is just there above the description) it will tell you Free Slot XX. i mean, i wish that my nanos and weapons did what the desription said:

Mausser Particle Streamer
    The MPS holds twin chambers of Sub-Space Invigorators, enabling a particularly nasty firing rate. An exquisite weapon.

Attack 1.0s
    Rechage 3.0s

nasty firing rate? 4.0 seconds? uh, no. ranged init bonuses aside, just making a point.

Yotogi

Re: not really a bug

Originally posted by yotogi
    this is not really a bug. the description is not anything to rely on. if you check the modifiers (which is just there above the description) it will tell you Free Slot XX.
    No, it is a bug. When you grab the mission it will tell you that it is for a (I forget the wording for belts) Belt Component Platform 4-x and when you actually pick it up in the mission it will say that it's a Belt Component Platform 3-x. This is on the item name, not even including the description. Basically, they don't even give you what you were supposed to be looking for... modifiers aside.

When you are going on a mission that you will find something and get something (full bad, full money) there are belts in the description you can't see the modifiers on (the item to find) and they are VERY misleading.

Exclamation references

lowest 3 slot QL30
    4 slot QL60
    5 slot QL100
    6 slot QL160

If it looks too good to be true, it usually is...its just the same old reference bug, like when people show their senpai (<100) coats in channel and it says Hanshi (>100) to everyone or in the description.

Ignore names, always.
    Pay attention to actual Quality Level, always.