Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reset all the land control areas

Lightbulb Reset all the land control areas

Dear Funcom,

Due to poor distribution, and in the interest of fairness to all the player base in AO, i wish to petition for a complete reset of all the land Control fields somewhere round about end of january 2003, to allow all your international player base and orgs a fair crack at aquiring some of the land control slots currently being occupied by players/Orgs lucky enough to have got there NW copy before anyone else. i expect to get flamed stupidly by all the big orgs who are currently sitting on there prime spot, but I have broad shoulders and can bear the burden. you may think FC that this is a extreme solution, however your talking about a continent of players not just a few people playing catch up.
    Last edited by imhotep; Dec 5th, 2002 at 12:38:30.
    You know when you have been in the Shadowlands too long when you forget about Whompahs and the Grid and run everywhere

While I'm not sure a total reset is the answer (I'd be miffed if I'd spent lots of money on a nice base, only to lose it to a reset) something does need to be done to address the staggered release - and I dont think the zones FC have reserved are going to be enough since the majority of zones seem to be active, but the majority of players didnt get/havent got the booster (based on the fact that most will have pre-ordered from DR)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Reseting the areas would be stupid, you can just fight for them if you really want them.
    And don't forget, there are still disabled areas, perhaps they'll enable them soon.

NW is about fighting so don't whine if you have to.

btw. i'm not in a big org and i haven't even got NW yet.

Originally posted by Lord Jammer
    NW is about fighting so don't whine if you have to.
    In most things it is easier to create than to destroy. People who got the booster in time got an advantage in that they didnt have to destroy before they could build.

Those that did get it have had time to fortify their bases (yes non-booster players could have tore them down earlier but since they couldnt capitalise on the victory there was little point)

Since this isnt a case of player purchasing the booster 'after the event' this needs to be addressed
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Ya i agree!!!!! it sucks real bad that FC favours US only!!!

Originally posted by Warlock

In most things it is easier to create than to destroy. People who got the booster in time got an advantage in that they didnt have to destroy before they could build.

Those that did get it have had time to fortify their bases (yes non-booster players could have tore them down earlier but since they couldnt capitalise on the victory there was little point)

Since this isnt a case of player purchasing the booster 'after the event' this needs to be addressed
    In NW it's much easier to attack than defend. And much more enjoyable.

At this point I am reassessing whether or not I even want to bother having a base, or else just maintain a single controller in a newbie zone so I can go have fun fighting other bases without pvp-flagging all my guildmates.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Lots of those open spaces are oddball QLs that you can't find in shops. Apperently they are there at some point 'cause I know I've seen 2 bases in those oddball between 10-50 zones.

No way for a reset.

Ask for more open places for towers. Once again a person that calls for nerf instead of asking for more.

Yes, I am in a high level org, yes, we do have our towers up. Should I pay for their mistake? Hell no. NW is about fighting, go out and fight for your turf.

NW = notum WARS

War = fight, kill, take over opponants territory, posessions, etc.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

It doesn't matter.

They could reset it right now, and every tower would be replaced with in hours.

At some point you are going to have to fight for land. It's not that hard.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Originally posted by GreyWind
    Sorry to disagree but all of the normal stops for software are not caring this in my area and won't for a long time I got mine through EBgames.com. Fact of the matter there are still a ton of US people who cant' find it some drove for 3 hours to get a copy. The distribution just sucks and now as I understand it the places that had it are on backorder.

~aqua
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

We got some towers up but I can't do anything to help build,etc since NW seems to be a "unique" nodrop item that no one has. Someone needs to fire their distributors.
    AKA "Love Doc"
    Doctor of Whispers Edge

Originally posted by GreyWind
    First of all, they favor US more because it is a better market for PC games than almost any other region in the world. This isnt FC's fault. Its just simple marketing stratagy..

Secondly, I am in the US, and was told not to expect it before the 19'th of Dec. So we are getting the shaft hewre as well, just not as bad, as say, the people in France. ( French people can blame there stupid goverment though for that. requiring the manual to be all in french, so that FC has to specifically reproduce the product for that country )
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Cyblade7
    No way for a reset.

Ask for more open places for towers. Once again a person that calls for nerf instead of asking for more.

Yes, I am in a high level org, yes, we do have our towers up. Should I pay for their mistake? Hell no. NW is about fighting, go out and fight for your turf.

NW = notum WARS

War = fight, kill, take over opponants territory, posessions, etc.

You didnt have to, why should I?

Just admit you had an unfair advantage over the people who cannt get their hands on the game. You know its true.
    Last edited by Turin; Dec 6th, 2002 at 00:41:24.

Click to email me

Why should they reset it? Look at it this way: If your organization isn't powerful enough to take land from someone, then it is not powerful enough to keep land. While a reset might give you the chance of taking some land, if you weren't powerful enough to take it to begin with, then you are going to loose that piece of land within a few days anyway.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Why should they reset it? Look at it this way: If your organization isn't powerful enough to take land from someone, then it is not powerful enough to keep land. While a reset might give you the chance of taking some land, if you weren't powerful enough to take it to begin with, then you are going to loose that piece of land within a few days anyway.

This is another sore point with me.

Im not in a "big" guild.

Im in a small guild. and while all our org members are pretty powerfull, there just arent enough of us. Smaller orgs got shafted in NW, and are now required to either, not partake in NW ( for wich I paid the same ammount of money as you did, and hence have a right to enjoy just as much as you do )

Or

Merge into a bigger Org, or try and merge smaller orgs into them. You tell me how thats fair.

Click to email me

boo hoo
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

not gonna happen. for now ne ways..... ok say they did and u got to sprint out and place ur controller where sum1's towers r now currently. they sign on. get guikldues and come **** u and take it back....... all acomplishing....... NT....... yup a big waste of time..

/sentak.

if u cant take it by force now u wont be able to hold it if u got it ne ways.
    [ Russel "Sentak" Neblett | 200 Clan Doctor and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Schifter" Schwag | 50 Clan Agent and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ "Jostle" | 1 Clan Shade and proud Veteran of Clan [color=sky blue]Synergy Factor[/color] ]
    [ QL 200 Implant Service!.. "You design 'em,... I do the rest!" ]

Originally posted by Sherrman
    boo hoo
    Ya, im sure you feel so bad. if your not going to be somewhat constructive, go somewhere else.

Click to email me

It's not that hard to take land, seriously. Ok, maybe at higher lvls it will be, but last night at around 4am in the morning (That's a bad Cyronic! get some sleep!) I was playing with my lvl 53 engi and we totally ahnilated an omni base with only 2 ppl: My engi and a lvl 50 fixer.

Ok, since some of you will doubt me here's some names:

Stres5150 and Unvell: they led us out there, and covered our back incase any higher lvl omni came in to defend they're base. only 1 came, and he was to high to battle the ppl taking out the towers anyway.

Uncell and Kealias (my engi): We were the ones that took the towers down. Granted it took about 3 hours to take them all down (there were 6 including control tower) but we did it.

Of course there is always the possibility that we were just extremely lucky, I don't know. I don't think that just 2 ppl could take land from one of the higher orgs, but those orgs can only control 5 areas if I'm correct, and the higher orgs won't even bother with the low level areas because they aren't worth it to them.

This is my 2 cents, most is opinion backed up with personal experience. Just a reminder
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Even if your minds confused,
    then this is what you need to do,
    you need to get that mixed up feeling upside in from out of you" -Mr. Bones

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast