Thread: still 10-15 sec lag perids in team missions

Angry still 10-15 sec lag perids in team missions

In the patch notes Funcom claimed to have 'fixed' some of the lag in missions. Well.....

I've done two missions since the patching this morning (Wednesday); one a single player and one in a team.

The team mission still had several 10-15 sec lag periods (a feature inroduced with 14.6). Also we had at least one Mob teleport from one room to the next (first time I've seen this, other than the normal teleporting through walls).

The single player had multiple occurrences of rubberbanding, where I tried to exit a room and ended up back where I came into the room. This rubberbanding is new with this latest collection of improvements this morning.

So not only has Funcom not fixed any lag in team missions, but they introduced player rubberbanding and Mob teleporting.

Re: still 10-15 sec lag perids in team missions

Originally posted by Wraith God

The single player had multiple occurrences of rubberbanding, where I tried to exit a room and ended up back where I came into the room. This rubberbanding is new with this latest collection of improvements this morning.
    actually the rubberbanding started the moment i loaded notum wars onto my machine. Tomorrow i plan on uninstalling it. good thing It came with a copy of AO unpatched in it.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Re: Re: still 10-15 sec lag perids in team missions

Originally posted by Intrepid

actually the rubberbanding started the moment i loaded notum wars onto my machine. Tomorrow i plan on uninstalling it. good thing It came with a copy of AO unpatched in it.
    You will still rubberband, Intrepid. I "rubberbanded" several times in a mission last night, something which never happened to me before and I don't have Notum Wars. It's a lovely new feature, I guess.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

This isn't something new, IMO. It happened before NW.

Actually I think the lag decreased in this patch.

started gettin the rubberband effect after the lag "fix" went up

"Rubberbanding"

Have never experienced this before 14.7.4. Now it happens all the time. Have even died because of it since the mobs sometimes teleports along with you in "invisibility mode".
    Depeche Ztatik Mode

Originally posted by Cz The money you would spend on a sports car have been spent on your AO account(s). I have invested them in a sports car for myself. I'll let you drool over a picture of it someday.

I have this to say about Funcom's claim to "fix the lag"

HA!

Lag is just as bad, and the rubber-band warping is twice as bad....
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Re: "Rubberbanding"

Originally posted by Ztatic
    Have never experienced this before 14.7.4. Now it happens all the time. Have even died because of it since the mobs sometimes teleports along with you in "invisibility mode".
    same, absolutely no problems before 14.7.4 now i rubber band and twice i've been trapped in a black door room during team missions and the only way out has been to relog.

(oh and the reload bug is exactly the same as it was.)
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Rubberbanding has been with us for a looong time. Maybe not in missions, that could be a nice, new use for this feature.
    I remember getting rubberbanded constantly in 2ho, but nowhere else... until now.

Thumbs up

Except for the rubberbanding, this patch seems quite stable. Got a lot less lag in missions, and outside. Thumbs up!

Noticed the same lag in team mission. Sometime you stop fighting for a good 10-15 sec then all of the sudden you see all the text scroll up at warp speed in the chat.

Rubber banding was re-introduce in the last patch. It's not major but it occurs 5-6 times during my last solo mission. You turn a corner and you get rubber banded back in the last room.
    Aguitha, Engineer
    Cratisha, Bureaucrat

Lets see since the 'fix' patch I now experience crazy lag moments in team missions where I didn't before and I rubberband all over the place where I didn't at all before and the 'Server Lost' problem is worse than before

Geeze this game was smooth as silk before 14.6...think I ld twice since I started playing way back a year and a half ago but since 14.6 I ld and lag all the time...

Someone remind me why I play this game again :-/

I hate to dbl post this but it is important and this thread seems to be getting the most attention....so here it goes again:

I have the same problem. With addition of rubberbanding with the recent server side patch.
    Beofre the server side patch, though, I did upgrade my ati radeon drivers and it did help some until this most recent server side patch.

Last night I had a new problem entirely. When leaving a mission I zoned properly. Was gathering the troops back up and not only did I crash but I crashed to zero. My computer restarted itself completely.

I format my whole computer monthy and run disc keeper while the game is running. I have been doing a pretty standard setup for the last year and have never had this problem before this patch.

My friend, wife and I did quit the game for year also. We also came back after 14.5 to a beautiful game! With 14.6 everything went to crap and its now the same we game we left a year ago. Minus the new content. <------Does that say something?

Gryfyn

ps- please don't flame me for dbl posting...and "BUMP"