Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prices of Arrows

Bows arn't expensive

I use a ql 200 urban crossbow. I'd like to point out that while 400 credits for 20 ammo ammo may seem like a lot it actually is absolutely nothing. Anyone at or over level 75 has an easy source of income from blitzing missions and selling suits of armor that there is no need to worry about it anymore. Bows are meant for the 'elegant' rich hunter and as such should not be easily affordable by lazy newcomers otherwise they will become tacky.

Leave the arrow price as they are so those of us who want to spend the time and money for these quality pieces of equipment can keep our style and not become just another conformer in the equipment market.

On a side note the same holds true for granade launchers, except there are NO good granade launchers to make up for the money cost. They need to have a massive damage increase, and if they are going to continue to be one-two shots only then they should be an AoE shot.

Bows should get an overhaul though, there are only two or three bows that are actually usable since Bow Spec is a total waste of IP. Not to mention the hybrid bows have burst, fling, fullauto, bow spec and about three weapon reqs on top of that. What went through the developer's mind there? Anyways...LEAVE THE ARROW PRICES BE.

-Pyrothos, 77th level Hunter.

In all honesty, people shouldn't be allowed to voice opinions until they hit 75 at least with one character, since very little before that matters.
    Last edited by Valdar; Feb 11th, 2002 at 20:11:52.

Re: Bows arn't expensive

I agree, Bows aren't expensive. Arrows, however, are.

Originally posted by Valdar
    I use a ql 200 urban crossbow. I'd like to point out that while 400 credits for 20 ammo ammo may seem like a lot it actually is absolutely nothing. Anyone at or over level 75 has an easy source of income from blitzing missions and selling suits of armor that there is no need to worry about it anymore. Bows are meant for the 'elegant' rich hunter and as such should not be easily affordable by lazy newcomers otherwise they will become tacky.
    You are not wearing a bow, you are wearing a crossbow. I will be wearing a bow-blaster, uses energy ammo, looks the same. Moreover, My MA wears a ql 1 _bow_ when in town... there goes your unique, elegant, rich hunter look.

Leave the arrow price as they are so those of us who want to spend the time and money for these quality pieces of equipment can keep our style and not become just another conformer in the equipment market.
    This has nothing to do with the market or anything else. Bows are green to my MA just as they are to your Adventurer. I don't understand why, given the availability of the skill, _EVERY_ person who wants to use bows should be able to use one.

I would understand your logic only if bows begun to appear at QL 75+ As it is, I would prefer everyone to have a use of that green skill regardless of their lvl.

-Pyrothos, 77th level Hunter.

In all honesty, people shouldn't be allowed to voice opinions until they hit 75 at least with one character, since very little before that matters.
    Lol, I wanted to reply to this, but I gave up...

I hate elitist thinking.

--------------------------
    Ananke - LVL 134 Soldier
    Carrah - LVL 69 Agent
    Sheida - LVL 50 MA

Enjoy the game.
    Last edited by Loretta; Feb 12th, 2002 at 15:23:32.

Hey Ananke

Yeah elitist thinking is bad... i 0wnz y00! lol.. because you seem to love putting down people lower then you... well take a look at Ananke err Carrah I mean and me, now who is the low one *cough* *cough*. It really does not matter, a lvl 20 bow ma may very well have WAY more experience then a 170 soldier who never did bows..

Anyways, it IS expensive, just compare it to other ammo.

And I really doubt you use a ql200 bow at lvl 77, i _really_ doubt you have 800-1000 bow skill because that is what it takes to wear one. Not even talking about bow special, aimed, fling etc.

Letah 132 RK1 doc
    Lyphae 7 RK1 ma (bow)

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12