Thread: Tower Chat borked

Tower Chat borked

Was very nice to have the tower chat given to all members of guild, thankyou.

Problem is, they dont get any messages on it like I do (leader).

Hope this gets sorted soon, because its a feature that should of been included from the very beginning.

So is this problem just with my guild then? why hasnt anyone else reported this bug?

Ok I will simplify : You do NOT get message about what towers are being attacked in the tower chat channel unless you are LEADER.

So why give the tower chat to everyone else if no messages are displayed on it?

I have seen the spam in channel myself and have ask the guild, and they are like "what message??"

Like I said, its nice that you gave it to all, but not much point if it doesnt work...

Maybe I'm missing something in your post... But Org Members get the [Org Towers] Channel which broadcasts messages about Towers your guild has attacked, or when your org towers are under attack.

Leader get both the [Org Towers] channel and the [All Towers] channel. All the [All Towers] channel is, is a rebroadcast of what is sent to [Org Towers], but to All leaders.

The only thing I wish they'd change on this, is that the second Org Rank should get the All Towers channel as well.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Originally posted by Detonate
    Maybe I'm missing something in your post... But Org Members get the [Org Towers] Channel which broadcasts messages about Towers your guild has attacked, or when your org towers are under attack.

Well they arnt getting the message.

Arrow

I got a message on org. towers yesterday when a shield disabler was used on our tower. So it does work (at least sometimes...) hadn't seen that in any previous attack though... so maybe the patch sorted it?
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

The problem is...

After last patch all players now have "All Towers" chat as well as "Org Towers"

Before patch only leader had this channel.

This channel sends a message when ANY tower is under attack, who attacked it and where it is.

Now all players have this channel but it only broadcasts same message as "Org Towers" channel (i.e. when your ownorg tower is attacked or someone in your org has attacked a tower)

WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING "All Tower" channel if it does nothing different than "Org Tower"???????

Give all players option to hear all messages, at least when their own side is attacked. Leader cannot be online 24/7. It is unfair that rest of players are left in the dark.

Fix this PLEASE.

yesterday our tower got attacked by 30+ clanners (had no chance against them, hehe) but I never got any message of the status of the main tower, why?

The only status I got was that the shield was disabled on my towers, and that's it. This is REALLY BAD!!!!

I have never got a message about our towers being under attack, but I dont think i have been online when an attack has taken place. I have however (before patch) recieved messages about one of our members attacking other orgs towers (apparently he was confused about the difference between looking at the tower, and shooting the largest gun he had at it, an easy mistake to make I am sure you will agree )

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

No 'all towers' channel here...

And the only message I've seen refered to the use of a shield disabler.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Spoke with GM yesterday since had to get them to warp me out of fixer grid (it's nice there but didn't want to stay all day)
    Apparently next highest in command after leader is intended to have "All towers chat" which will inform of all attacks not just attacks made on or by your own org. Un fortunately there is no position 2nd to leader in our guild structure or that I know of. We have 9 advisors and should they not have the reports as well.
    Also when our base was attacked our leader received message and was able to type out warning to guild, grid us out, and we received later (for me i received as I was about to zone from grid to controller) That is too long especially when only one person gets the info and cannot be here all the time. One other guild we know of did not receive notice until their tower was at 50%, it was a large base which would have received support.

I just think we should have some access to this info not dependant on our time zone.

members

If your guild mates are listed as applicants and not members or higher, they will not see the chat period. Simply /promote those in applicant status to members.

Drabin.....

Advisors/Vets do not see the message.

Well today our base was attacked a couple of times and the only message that we got was one time when they used a shield disabler. I did get the invidual message that yor are supposed to get when towers you place are reduced below a certain level. Due to this, we weren't even really aware anything was going on at our base till our interior defense was pretty much gone. BTW I am the org leader.

Something is seriously wrong with these channels now, you have to keep a defender at your base now during 25% times as no warning will go out.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

hey lilnymph i saw that
    woohoo at last!!!! i've found my MK IV
    "Make all trader drains self only." -aaronb (asmoran)

Tower chat is extremely messed up. Last night I got a message that my towers were under attack, then literally 2 seconds later one of my guild mates says "WTF two of my towers got destroyed" By the time we got to our towers, the attackers had already destroyed 5 ql 150 towers, all within three minutes of when I got the "Guild so and so has attacked your towers" message. In that case, tower chat was horribly lagged, or ql150 towers are way too easy to destroy. Either way, something has to be done. Funcom said it was supposed to be hard to attack towers, as of right now, it's all too easy.

You'll get a notice when your personal tower is under attack and/or destroyed.

You will not -- I repeat -- WILL NOT get a notice that your BASE is under attack if they aren't specifically attacking one of your PERSONAL TOWERS unless you are the guild leader.

That is stupid.

My entire guild should be notified when any tower in any of our bases gets attacked. These notifications are sent to ALL TOWERS which some of my guildmates have but do not get notices to. If our President isn't online, the only way we would hear about our towers getting attacked is through word-of-mouth, and that's just plain dumb.

In my opinion, *any* act of trespassing an orgs area should be broadcasted to the entire org.

My thoughts ...

I have been having the problem that although I am the leader of my org, I haven't been getting attack messages. I spoke to a GM about it last night, and here are the conclusions:

It turns out that the Clan Leaders channel overrides the tower channels. I don't like leaving the Clan Leaders channel open. I had it muted, and when I muted this channel, I no longer recieved tower attack notifications even though those channels were on. Now I am forced to listen to the clan leaders if I want to know when I have come under attack.

It occured to me at the time that perhaps the reason other people in the org are not getting tower channel messages is because the program code ties those messages to the Clan Leaders channel. Since other members don't have this channel, they get no messages.

I hope they fix this problem soon.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

I wonder if it's one of those retarded things where you don't hear the channel if you are in a mission or a shop, which for some people is 90% of the time.
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech