Thread: Get rid of 5% gas zone period !!!

Get rid of 5% gas zone period !!!

Get rid of 5% gas zone period please.

A Guild allied to ours was attacked by omni during the %5 zone gas period. We are clan, but it's annoying whatever side you happen to be on.

Many clan guilds responded and we successfully defended the zone and defeated the invaders, but then most of us not in teams were autotargetted by their turrets.

It's very inequitous to get blown to bits owned by the Massive Cannon Turrets by the organization you are trying to help.

In the chaos of the battle there was no way to spot members of the guild and get teamed up in order to avoid this.

In fact, most of the members from the guild that owned the controller were already dead, being first on the scene, so there was no one to team up with.

Also the battle was very laggy!!

There has to be a better way for people on the same side to assist their brethern. The current state of affairs just does not work!

Rival sides are using the 5% period to stage their attacks since that is the time that there is greatest confusion. It is very difficult for the defending side to organize when they can be auto-targeted by their own sides towers.

... Are they exploiting ? During so called 5% members of the opposing sides should not be allowed to attack, if that was the case.

My opinion ... the rule is stupid. There needs to be another way for members of the same side to attack their own without the 5% gas rule the way it is implemented now.
    Last edited by Healios; Dec 5th, 2002 at 01:12:53.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

*Bump*

I hate this too,if your trying to help your allies their towers just attack you.

bump

bumpage
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

It's there for a good reason. If you want to take a spot from your same faction it's the only way to do it.

You can team people to your guild in 5% for defense. 1 guild member/team keeps eveyone safe.

This is good because it allows internal dessention, and can actually pitch a faction into chaos if it spreads beyond 2 guilds.

I didn't say that clan should not be able to attack clan or omni vs. omni ...

I think that should be there ... but the way this works is LAME!!!!

Since it gives a huge advantage to the attacker whatever side they maybe on.

There must be a better way !
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

honestly, this is why we need a new "alliance" command in the game. so towers will not attack anyone that is allied with them.

just a shame FC has yet to even comment on the notion of this idea.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Yes,a "alliance" would be nice.Each allience should have a chat,like a org chat.But basicly they need to fix,omnis getting attacked while defending a allies base in 5%.

alliance seems sound

i think an alliance seems sound .. actually i think all clans (organizations) should be allied by default unless they declare war on another clan or organization.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

What you do is stand outside the range of the towers and wait until someone from that guild puts you in one of their teams, like Ityn said.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Smile Or...

...make towers attack people on the same side IF they hit the tower, and anyone helping them by healing them or so, not auto aggro. That just keeps people from wanna help.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

I totally Agree, the 5% Suppression is BS. What were you thinking Funcom? This doesn't promote unity on within Sides. We got our camp destroyed by our own side because of it. It's really stupid when you see Omni vrs Omni orgs and Clan vrs Clan orgs...

I mean.. I could understand if Neutrals were the only ones with 5% suppression periods, that's totally makes sense, but Omni and Clans wtf???

Ummm a situation where same side should be able to attack same side LC area: An up and coming lower lvl guild is able to place and defend a QL200 controller but there arent anymore open spots to put one.

Well i guess that org COULD go find an other side QL200 LC area and try and take it. Sounds easier to take a same side LC area though, well at least until that org decides to take it back and crush the other LC areas the offending org has.

LOL. In further thinking about this in the long run sounds MUCH easier to take an other side LC area of what you want then same side.

5% area is one of the best things FC have done in NW...

It gives both sides the chance of war within themselfs that adds too the reality of the conflict... "Anarchy Online"

If an ally is under attack during 5% wy do u need too enter the base? Try diffrent tactics instead... Like backstabbing and if the attackers are inside the base u can pop everyone that has too leave base area for healing and also kill the reinforcements that arrives...

FC keep 5% as it is... because its perfect...

Lightbulb Easiest Fix

Here's the easiest way to fix this problem:

Keep it as 5% zone so that there can be attacks made on same side bases if you want to vie for a spot that another same side guild has taken. Instead of the towers being like a monster mob where it is agro to everyone in attack range, make it like the humanoid side based mobs. To clarify: an OT Sharpshooter will not attack an Omni player because it is Omni associated, but it will auto attack a Clan player, it will however attack an Omni player though if it is first attacked (and call its friends in range over to help out). This way if a tower is laid in a Clan base then it will attack Omni players automatically and Clan players ONLY if it has already been attacked by said Clan player. This way those helping you defend your base during this time of confusion don't get pecked at by your towers.