Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sorry if I ganked you clanners

haha

10 points out of 10 possible, Ainur
    Freshman Che "Elnertz" Guevara.
    Atrox Soldier - 203th lvl.

Noone in this game has more bad luck than me.

It looks like a chicken, it smells like a chicken, everyone calls it a chicken, so it must be a chicken, right?

If player A 'ganks' player B, then player B have to be at least in an other fight (most likely a duel) with player C to make it a 'gank'.
    In this case there are at least 2 people fighting against 1 , but only 1 is a ganker.

If payer A stand in the arena, just watching something and player B jumps him to kill him, everyone calls that a gank. But in this case it isnt a gank. Its only a sudden, unrequested attack.
    Or is it a gank only because everyone calls it a gank??

The word 'gank' is overused in AO.

Arena:
    It happened to me, that I fought a Doc in the arena. A stupid dumba.s jumped at me and tried to shoot at me, while I fought the doc. An other friendly doc healed me, but I ignored both and continued my fight. The 'ganker' finished his attack w/o any success, and the friendly doc finished his healing, but my fight againt the other doc continued. 2 Minutes later the doc quit the fight and runs away... most likely out of nano (selfbuffed duel). A few seconds later, I got an unfriendly /tell and the doc called me 'ganker... blah blah blah..'

2ho:
    Im alone in 2ho - spotted a lonely omni - 10 sec. later omni met reclaim... what happened? 'Ganker, ganker.... blah blah blah...'

Arena:
    A stupid Trader, well known, bored to hell thought I would be good as his sandbag for his AS. Normally ok for me... so I thought, ok dude, taste my FA.... but unfortunately this stupid Trader seemed to think 'oh well... nice Soldier want to fight me and I have finally a reason to kick his as..', so he didnt stop the fight (I did stop after the FA...) and continued to drain and shoot...
    As I said some posts before... when I get the impression the fights are serious, I fight back and the other is open to attack for me in future. I couldnt kill him, but neither he could kill me... so the end of the story was, he teamed with the former doc - I told you above - and killed me. Then he shout about 'blah blah blah.. ganker down... blah blah blah'

So whats the point here? It can look like a chicken, it can smell like a chicken and everyone can call it a chicken, but it could be something different...
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

So Sethil you got your proud Apprentice from running and zoneing? *Bravo*

Duels don't require tactic's and a brain? Have to say i loved yours when we 'dueled',

Sethil: Full auto, Jankkar: land Divest, Sethil: runs around tir (allowing the 7 sec recharge to my Divest/Plunder line recharge w/o taking dmg) Sethil: counter's my Plunder 3 times, (no worries i have only been hit by FA) Jankkar: 4th attemt i land Plunder, Sethil: still running letting me get fully drained off him without taking any dmg , Jankkar: chain root's you till you die.

Tip top tactics there.

think you say that theres no tactic's in dueling because you have no tactic's.

Think most soldier's would agree that there best in mass PvP because of there alpha, most just zone out bunker, Alpha (at the right time) and let others finnish the Target off and get the kill.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

Eh, running and zoning? Isnt that a part of the game? Isnt Runspeed a skill you can increase with IPs, Implants and buffs? You mean I shouldnt use it? Aint the zones there to zone through?
    Eh? Did I ever say Im proud of my Apprentice?
    As far as I remember, I said 'I dont care for titles'......

I cant even remember the fight against you... I died so much in this game that I dont remember every unimportant fight - and if it happened as you say... shall i quote myself again?

Originally posted by Sethil
    1. I dont care for titles - I got my Apprentice with mass PvP and the few duels I did yet are only to test something or to compare myself with other profession to see how I make it with different tactics.
    This running around like mad tactic was only to see how it works in Tir - I failed, test done. Who cares? I tried that with different Traders.. maybe you were one of them, dont know. And btw... it worked very good against Thanais

On the other side... its not very difficult to brag here as a Trader vs. a Soldier in dueling

So, Jankkar... are you proud of your Apprentice, most likely gained due to FC incompetence of balancing the game? Are you proud of your Apprentice, gained due to uber debuffs? Are you proud of your title given you with your character creation?

At least FC fixed NanoResist... will be a hard time next time you try to kill a running Soldier... muharharhar
    Last edited by Zagareth; Dec 9th, 2002 at 15:42:27.

Originally posted by Ainur
    http://www.finnvik.com/yay.JPG

_________
    Ainur
    ROFL

I remember when that happened in 2ho by the whompas...first time i ever saw something like that lol

btw anikitos mass pvp isn't just zoning in 2ho..yes, ppl do it but you can root and snare and those are more powerful now than ever before...and insulting a soldier about it has really nothing to do with the individual. The only time i see soldiers standing 1 inch from the bunker with tms up and alphaing ppl, is when those goddamn omni bandwagoner pvp'ers are standing around the bunker shouting how much they own ppl lolol...plus, soldier has a hard time fighting with no reflect up once tms wears, theyre pretty much a template profession without reflect...ive pvp'ed omni in 2ho and i can tell you that he doesn't just stand 1 inch from the bunker when omnis move back to the hill/whompa.

also, you're an enforcer.. of course you like duels better :S

Edit: Although sethil, you DO duel...i remember my guildmate, Cheeze fighting u to death and he lost.
    Last edited by Stromm; Dec 8th, 2002 at 23:59:50.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by Insida
    People dont hate the fact that they got ganked, its the fact that they lost.
    I highly disagree. I dont care when i lose in a fair fight. But if im ganked, then i get mad. I think most people feel the same.

Originally posted by Stromm

Edit: Although sethil, you DO duel...i remember my guildmate, Cheeze fighting u to death and he lost.
    As far as I remember, I never said I wouldnt duel, but I duel just for tests. In the case of Cheeze I wanted to know how I make it compared to an enforcer with QB. On this day I dueled Enforcer 3-4 times.

Oh, dueled also Docs and Fixer and MPs and... Adventurer and NTs... whatever... I guess almost every profession

The king (queen?) of ganking is Monstajugga who will only initiate combat with people while they are already in a fight with someone else.

I have done it occasionally at Omni Ent but only when there is nobody else around in my range and also times when I am feeling evil. For jugga this is the rule.

I remember asking him for a fight many times and him denying me then once I start messing with a guildie exchanging damage once I got below 50% then Jugga jumps in and starts shooting. I run to the back of the arena to heal up a bit and of course the chicken **** doesn't follow.

Well its almost impossible to find an arena fight these days with the guards around Tir. So I would expect more ganking/zoning because the trip back is very difficult for Omni atm.

Cheers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123