Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry if I ganked you clanners

Lol

If the title means so much to you Sethil, run forrest...run.

If you agree to duel to the end, running is just lame.
    If you are being attacked without you agreeing to duel its nothing wrong in running if you know you gonna loose.

But a duel is a duel. If the duel is fair(no outside heals and ****) then stay and win or die.

Why? Because you agreed to duel and if the other person is kicking your ass you deserve to die and he deserves the kill.

Deal with it, learn and get better. Adapt.
    But running is plain and simple low and deserves zero respect.

Anikitos
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Honor?

Honor is for uber people who know they're gonna win

Soldiers strike hard and fast and if it starts to look grim...run for dear life.

The only time I don't run when I'm losing if if I have agreed to a fight to the death.
    Otherwise I don't feel the need to abide by some suicidal unwritten "honor codex"

Re: Honor?

Originally posted by Gestava
    Honor is for uber people who know they're gonna win
    Hardly, if your ready to fight you should be ready to die too
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Sethil
    Everyone throws around with the word Ganking, but you doesnt seem to know what it really means. If someone attacks someone else in the arena or in an other possible area w/o to ask him for the agreement in a fight, everyone screams GANK!.

But thats not true. Gank - as far as I know - comes from Gang attack, which means: At least 2 and more people attack and outnumber the victims without their agreement in a fight.

Thats the opinion of the most people, but thats also not true.
    I'll couter that with the words of a wise man, dont know his name, though. 'No one has ever won a war by dying for his homeland'
    Whats the point, if you start a fight, but after some time you see you cant win this and then stay for your death? Oh, I forgot... being a hero and being honorable is the most important thing in a fight.... everyone will pray your name as a glorious fighter, who lost his life for the honor and his faction... bah, pure Bul.s.it!

I'll never agree in fights where you must stay for your death - thats plain and simple a stupid offer from someone who wanna make sure that he get the next points for his title...
    Yea and no one ever survived a RL war by 'Zoning' either.

I think you have battle tactics confused with cowardice.

Being jumped from behind and running is one thing. As is running away...coming back for a 2nd attack...running away....3rd attack ect...which are usually some of the best fights.

But I find 9 times outta 10 the person running and zoning when being whooped is the little prick that started the fight in the 1st place.

And then you have things like people attacking you in the arena when you've just finished a duel and are at 25% hp. And the whole 1st fight they've been standing there watching and waiting for their moment.

This is a sign of a coward who knows they arnt good enough to beat someone in a fair fight......yet they feel somehow they deserve the kill.

/me scribbles 'Grandmaster' in front of Sethils name.

There....now you're big and bad and everyone fears you.

Staying in dying is honerable. It shows you're not a coward aswell as shows respect for the other player....who was obviously better than you. Are you fighting for the fight or for the title reward?

The ONLY reason people run/zone is because of titles......sure waiting for rez to wear off sucks but its not that big of a loss.

I just think its funny that people bring the same RL bull$h!t 12yr old playground mentality into this game......instead of having ANY type of ethical outlook or attitude when it comes to a fight.

Get rid of titles!
    Last edited by Phunked; Dec 7th, 2002 at 15:09:30.

Its true that some of the best fights are when ppl zone and reinitiate fight over and over, like in 2ho. Jumping on a player who just finished dueling is a VERY sad thing unless the player is someone who deserve a little kick in a the *** cause he's been a bad boy. I dont mind ppl zoning when fighting me as long as they still wanna play. The real fun in pvp is to slap eachother on the face as much as possible.

Re: Sorry if I ganked you clanners

Originally posted by Insida
    Not...
    You're seriously working on that post count, huh?!
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Re: Re: Sorry if I ganked you clanners

Originally posted by Jekyll

You're seriously working on that post count, huh?!
    Me too, me too
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Insida
    Its true that some of the best fights are when ppl zone and reinitiate fight over and over, like in 2ho. Jumping on a player who just finished dueling is a VERY sad thing unless the player is someone who deserve a little kick in a the *** cause he's been a bad boy. I dont mind ppl zoning when fighting me as long as they still wanna play. The real fun in pvp is to slap eachother on the face as much as possible.
    Uh, isn't that the definition of a gank...

"Sorry if i ganked you clanners"???

I give up, lol.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

When someone fight another player without warning him, most ppl call that ganking so thats why I said that.

Here my statement to make something clear Anikitos:

1. I dont care for titles - I got my Apprentice with mass PvP and the few duels I did yet are only to test something or to compare myself with other profession to see how I make it with different tactics. Duels aint a challenge for me. You dont need brain to win a duel, just a good made character, right breed, right profession and some other good stuff.

2. I never agree in duels to the death. Being a good fighter is more than just stand there and slash the **** out of the opponent and cast nanos on him.

3. If I want soneone dead, I jump him as often as I can, I retreat and I try it again. It can happen that I die, but I dont care. If I see Im going to lose this attempt, I'll retreat or at least I try...

4. I wont give my opponents cheap kills - if you want me dead, work for it... and dont think this will be easy

5. Everyone is allowed to attack me and I wont scream 'GANK!'. But when I see its a serious attempt to kill me, I fight back with all means. I wont stand there, hit Q and see what happens...
    And once someone attacks me w/o a warning and tries to kill me, then he/she is open to attack for me in the future.
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Sethil

1. Duels aint challenging? You dont need a brain to duel?
    I disagree with you Sethil, 100%. Duels are about knowing how to deal with not only the class you are fighting but with the specific person "behind" the class.
    Right breed and profession? Well i know some ppl of the wrong breed that can still kick ass and if you dont use your brain they will send you to reclaim...

2. You think i just stand there and slash? You could not be more wrong even if you tried. I do alot of stuff when i duel depending on who i duel. If you only knew.....
    As to if i am a good fighter or not i will let others be the judge of that. If you want to find out for yourself duel me then.

3. I agree with you 100%. Very few ppl i want to kill. Hmm...only one person i want to kill really and i will attack that person on sight no matter if she is in a duel or not. Good point.

4. If i wanted you dead i could have attacked you a thousand times, but its not my style. I prefer...asking for a duel.
    If it is easy or not does not concern me a bit. Its of zero importance.
    I do hope its hard as hell, i hate dueling looser gimps.

5. I dont attack anyone unless that person has agreed.
    If someone attacks me without me agreeing to it i evaluate the situation and decide within seconds if i should kill him or not.
    If it is a person i know, i might hit him 2 times with QB..then stop.
    If the person does not stop his attack withing 2 sec i will unleash everything a lvl190 QB Enforcer has uppon him...
    But really...who gives a damn...:P

P.S
    Oh and if the person is a ****head i will attack him on sight...but then again who gives a damn.
    Overall, you got some logical points.
    Mass pvp for you is about alpha...takes little skill. Keep your range and do alpha. Thats it.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

you need skills for mass pvp to, you hafto know your char and what professions that you should attack first.

so mass pvp is as much skill as duels
    w00p w00p!!

Re: Sethil

Originally posted by Anikitos
    1. Duels aint challenging? You dont need a brain to duel?
    I disagree with you Sethil, 100%. Duels are about knowing how to deal with not only the class you are fighting but with the specific person "behind" the class.
    Right breed and profession? Well i know some ppl of the wrong breed that can still kick ass and if you dont use your brain they will send you to reclaim...

2. You think i just stand there and slash? You could not be more wrong even if you tried. I do alot of stuff when i duel depending on who i duel. If you only knew.....
    As to if i am a good fighter or not i will let others be the judge of that. If you want to find out for yourself duel me then.

3. I agree with you 100%. Very few ppl i want to kill. Hmm...only one person i want to kill really and i will attack that person on sight no matter if she is in a duel or not. Good point.

4. If i wanted you dead i could have attacked you a thousand times, but its not my style. I prefer...asking for a duel.
    If it is easy or not does not concern me a bit. Its of zero importance.
    I do hope its hard as hell, i hate dueling looser gimps.

5. I dont attack anyone unless that person has agreed.
    If someone attacks me without me agreeing to it i evaluate the situation and decide within seconds if i should kill him or not.
    If it is a person i know, i might hit him 2 times with QB..then stop.
    If the person does not stop his attack withing 2 sec i will unleash everything a lvl190 QB Enforcer has uppon him...
    But really...who gives a damn...:P

P.S
    Oh and if the person is a ****head i will attack him on sight...but then again who gives a damn.
    Overall, you got some logical points.
    Mass pvp for you is about alpha...takes little skill. Keep your range and do alpha. Thats it.
    1. Please read it right: Duels aint a challenge for ME - I dont get an adrenalin kick through my venes, like on an open battlefield. Its plain and simple boring.
    And yes, you dont need a brain.

2. As for your enforcer: Chaincasting layer, Mongo as often as possible and necessaray, Rage, Challenger... You cast all the stuff on yourself, not necessarily in this order, but you make yourself as strong as possible. Thats it... what do you do with your opponent? You chase him through the arena and slash him down... thats it....
    The most duels in the arena aint tactical. You see ppl shooting and slashing each other and they dont even move a step in 90% of all cases. Yes, you can cast the stuff in an other order, depending on your opponent.. you can go on defense instead aggro... you can use different weapons/stuff... but thats it...

4. I dont meant you in this case. I should have said someone

re PS.: Mass PvP isnt only Alpha from the background on the right target. Its only a small part. I can do much more as a Soldier than in the arena. And I dont see mass PvP as a big duel of teams like it is sometimes in 2ho. Its much more and even more with NW.

Originally posted by Sethil
    1. I dont care for titles - I got my Apprentice with mass PvP and the few duels I did yet are only to test something or to compare myself with other profession to see how I make it with different tactics. Duels aint a challenge for me. You dont need brain to win a duel, just a good made character, right breed, right profession and some other good stuff.
    Yeah you need a brain to win a duel. I can assure you that you can beat most NT's, but I damn well will either kill you or give you a good fight. As a matter of fact any profession "with a brain" can surely beat you.

2. I never agree in duels to the death. Being a good fighter is more than just stand there and slash the **** out of the opponent and cast nanos on him.
    No, actually a good fight in AO consists of casting nanos on him/her, then slashing/shooting him/her to death. Doing it with the right combinations is what makes a good pvper.

3. If I want soneone dead, I jump him as often as I can, I retreat and I try it again. It can happen that I die, but I dont care. If I see Im going to lose this attempt, I'll retreat or at least I try...
    Yeah you gank someone enough you are sure to win -- eventually.

[quote]4. I wont give my opponents cheap kills - if you want me dead, work for it... and dont think this will be easy
    [/quote[

Hell no, cheap kills suxxor.

5. Everyone is allowed to attack me and I wont scream 'GANK!'. But when I see its a serious attempt to kill me, I fight back with all means. I wont stand there, hit Q and see what happens...And once someone attacks me w/o a warning and tries to kill me, then he/she is open to attack for me in the future.
    If you are fighting a friend and win, an are left with 20% HP, then someone else kills you, thats a gank. Or if you are fighting still and someone kills you -- thats a gank. Totally unprepared, sneak attack type stuff. Not illegal, maybe a part of your profession, but its a gank. Obviously mass pvp isn't the same.

Heh..sethil you make me laugh man.

1. Maybe YOU dont need a brain when dueling. TMS, alpha...wait untill TMS is out..then zone if target not dead. But dont assume that others dont use THEIR brain because you clearly dont need to use yours in duels! :P

2. I hope you are not trying to show me how to play enforcer.
    Like i said its one thing to know when to do ALL those things and another thing to know WHEN to do all those things. Depending on the proffesion(plus the person behind the target) i use different tactics. If i did not use my brain i would surely loose on every duel.

4. Agreed 100%.

Mass PVP.....plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Go in....alpha + tms...zone back. Zone out...alpha + tms.
    Its not MASS PVP.

Its....ZONE PVP EXTREME. ZERO skill using that tactic and brain activity....you guessed it, at ZERO.

Now i am not saying that the enf mass pvp role is that much different..heh. I go in find a fool and smack him arround, if in trouble run away and zone or call for backup....lol

But in reallity its ZONE WARS. :P
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Piercingevil dont teach me what a gank is, I know it and you would know that I know it if you have read my first post here in this thread.

Ok I agree that you (you in general, not in special) have to use at least a bit thinking before you start attack in a duel. I've seen too many people not using their abilities in duels, but Im really not impressed if someone wins a duel.

PvP in an open battlefield - I wont call it mass PvP anymore, because it can happen that it ends in an 1:1 as well - has other rules and possibilities.

Ok, here an example:
    It happend 1 time that Legend and friends (got the information from the channels and I didnt see one of them fighting) attacked a clan base in DAV. Ok, I decided to help the clanners, but in an other way as everyone thought. I just went to DAV to the huge Legend base and attacked a tower. A huge pink message appeared and the end of the story is, the attack on the clan base has been broken, while Legend tried to find out who attacked their base..... I dont know what really happened behind the scene, but I have been told by other clanners that the attacker retreat to somewhere else.
    So whats the point here. The point is, it was a tactical move in a battle, which is never possible in dueling.
    Dueling for me is like playing chess only with 1 chessman for each side, while PvPing on an open battlefield is like chess with the full potential.

Edit:
    Ehm... I guess we are far off topic here
    Last edited by Zagareth; Dec 8th, 2002 at 13:52:47.

Duel are alot more about your knowledge of the game and how lucky your are(NanoResist, Crits and how much you heal/deal damage). Of course you can move and cast program but thats not skill, thats just pure knowledge of how your proffession must be played and how well you set up your IP.

Everyone throws around with the word Ganking, but you doesnt seem to know what it really means. If someone attacks someone else in the arena or in an other possible area w/o to ask him for the agreement in a fight, everyone screams GANK!.

But thats not true. Gank - as far as I know - comes from Gang attack, which means: At least 2 and more people attack and outnumber the victims without their agreement in a fight.
    No, you obviously don't understand what a gank is. A gank most of the time happens from one person, not a group.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast