Thread: Get rid of 5% gas zone period !!!

Get rid of 5% gas zone period !!!

A clan Allied Guild was attacked by omni during the %5 zone gas period.

Many clan guilds responded and we successfully defended the zone and defeated the invaders, but then we were autotargetted by their turrets. It's very inequitous to get blown to bits by the Massive Cannon Turrets by people you are trying to help.

In the chaos there was no way to spot members of the guild and get teamed up in order to avoid this. Most of the guild members that owned the controller were already dead.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

??

I thought it made things more interesting
    And after all, its only for 1 hour.

Love Riz
    Rizla

"Tomorrow belongs to those that can see it coming"

an hour is planty long to wreck havoc

... did you fight in one of those battles?

why do people always attack the opposing side during 5% ??

It's only interesting for the attacking side. It's very disadvantageous for the defenders.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

Keep the 5%.

If some lame guild of the same side has some prime real estate, but only has a couple towers on it, and no intention of building it up, what am i supposed to do. Excuse me mr. clanner, could you come kill this omni guild base so i can come kick your butt off of it in 16 hours. Hell no. I should be able to arm us and go knock it out myself.
    This is called Notum Wars. If someone on my side is controlling a notum mine i want. I should be able to conquer them the same as anyone else.

If you want to kill an omni tower, get yourself a clan application form.

AWAY WITH 5%... it sucks
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

It's probably done to prevent a ton of people swarming in to help, more because the crappy engine cant handle huge groups in one area like EQ.
    Once crowd control is stable maybe they'll think about removing 5%, it is pretty lame. You'd think huge battles would be more fun, and pacts between guilds should be encouraged.
    It's so buggy too, someone who was on the same side as me AND IN MY GUILD could not buff me, said I wasnt friendly. We had to team before she could buff me.

Re: Get rid of 5% gas zone period !!!

Originally posted by Healios
    A clan Allied Guild was attacked by omni during the %5 zone gas period.

Many clan guilds responded and we successfully defended the zone and defeated the invaders, but then we were autotargetted by their turrets. It's very inequitous to get blown to bits by the Massive Cannon Turrets by people you are trying to help.

In the chaos there was no way to spot members of the guild and get teamed up in order to avoid this. Most of the guild members that owned the controller were already dead.

5% isnt all that bad and defenitly something that sould stay i think,,,, but you might try and put a member of Guild (B) in all teams and see the wonders!!!

(B) being the guild you defend
    =:Main Char:=

Kazax Meta-Physicist (Saint) Rk2

=:Alternative Chars:=

Ugtar Enforcer (Union Man) Rk2

Kazzax Enforcer (Worker) Rk1 (Retired)

Kickn1337 Martial Artist (Master 5th Dan) Rk2

Der finder kun 10 slags mennesker dem som forstår binær og dem som ikke gør!!!

well ... it's very hard to get teamed in UTTER lag and chaos
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

Keep 5%. It does allow for same-side combat and makes a guild rely on itself for protection rather than the entire side. Sometimes you just can't turn to your allies, and the 5% is one of those times.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

i say leave the 5% gas. and keep it at 1 hour. but move it from the 25% timer so there will be a periode of time where there is 100%. could put it an hour or just 5 minutes.

it's not intended for being the prime time for an oppisde side attack it's intended for same side attack, which can opt to cooperate with one of the sites if they so chose. but the sudden change from 25% to 5% is just redicules and leads to utter caos, which might be fun for attackers. but isn't for defenders.

and make it so it's the team that couts for same side or others. this way if your teamed with one from land owner org. u have stated your there to help if you haven't your there to land grab.

as long as 5% is available be 5% prime time.

Maybe there should be called 50% or something, where it's 100% for the other side and 5% for the same side.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

Arrow

A proper in-game alliance system would resolve the problem and still allow 5%.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

agreed ...

I think that would fix the problem. But of course they would have to implement it.

But I think it would be the best solution.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

Keep 5%, it makes things more interesting. Some people are syaing that it would be against the story for omni to attack omni, but I disagree, what about the criminal omni factions, and rogue departments.
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

I believe that 5% should stay in, but that an allience system should be introduced. They also need to work on how the towers register an attack. I helped defend Red Tapes base awhile back during 5%. I got shot at a few times and had to back away from thier towers, rather a pain in the; but it wasn't until the tower shot one of our folks that had a damage shield up (he swears he never swung at it) that it became a problem. It registered us as an attacker and dropped our own shield back at our bases. Rather aggrivating.

I didn't realize that teaming with the owning org gets around that issue. Will be a pain though in the rush to defend to find a properly leveled team that doesn't have messed up PvP-ranges. An over-all alliance system would be better.

Anyhow, I really think that it would be interesting to keep the 5% up. Might make for fun friendly org v. org combat events. Arrange and friendly contest over a base.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

A complete FAQ or manual explaining all this would have been cool. I had to learn the whole "at war" concept after you attack a tower first hand. I was just testing stuff with an "enemy" tower (with permission from their org leader). I had no idea it would drop the shield at my own towers. Ugh.

WTFM!

Also, pets don't seem to be covered under disgrace period. If I follow someone out of the tower area, no point in bringing pets because they won't attack.