Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The new ninja's, Tower ninja!

Sooo, when is the base 25%?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

find out yourself, but it isn't many hours left... hehe

From what I see here, it seems like both Mayhem and OPEC misunderstood each other, or lacked in communication.

In any case, this shows how important it is to make these things clear before attacking. I can't say who claimed what, how, or when, I was just there to help whoever needed my heals. However, I bet this is not the first or last time we see these situations, and it's important that we all help out to avoid it in the future. Things like this help no one except the clanners, and I'm sure that the two orgs involved here can sort this out between them.

I'll shut up now...

wtf?

I am very surprised at Mayhem taking this to the forums for everyone to flame OPEC without even discussing the matter with OPEC first. I can only imagine it beeing done by a phjortiss player.

Although I didnt take part in any action until the tower was up - several omni guild congratulated me with our new OPEC tower in that sone.

I never got the impression there was any arguement about who should place their tower there.. As far as Im concerned - as long as its an omni tower, its good.

Please try to settle stuff like this by discussing it before claming revenge and whine on the forums..
    Fluffy "Pusen" Hairball

As if your killing of time doesnt injure eternity...

We had scouted the Tower and arranged for a raid. Babylon6 had logged there and we came with 2 teams from SFH.

I annouonced on Aomniraids that OPEC would appreciate all help to take down Tradeskillz tower.

I had a talk with Dociceman after the tower went down, Pris you should talk with your President before you make a thread like this.

I am sorry if you feel that we took you place. Im sure we can find a way out of this.
    Gunsam Oldschool soldier
    Marwin Nanomage Caterwault doc
    Lowko Nanomage crat

I will take this matter up with the rest of the leaders in OPEC

If this was indeed an error done by one of our members, it will be delt with.

OPEC does NOT, and I repeat NOT tolerate that our members go against other Omni-Tek members, be it with items or land.

I also request that any Mayhem leaders that want to discuss this matter, send me a message.

I will post here when I am able to gather more information about this incident.
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

Blah Blah Blah

Blah Blah Blah. He said, She said and It said. Talk is cheap. Take advantage of the 5% gas when it comes around to discuss the issue. Trial by combat will bring out the truth.

Ya that's why bases go 5%. So you can take what's yours from your own side if you have too.

But you know we really need to start working together soon as OMNI. We are doing ok in some of this chaos, but I have a few good proposals that will help keep us united, and give us a fast defensive reaction force as well as a brutal and unstopable reprisal force. We need a leader summit.

I'd suggest for now that there be no multi-guild participation in these in-faction battles, Mayhem wants the spot they helped fight for, and OPEC doesn't want to give it up, get Mayhem together to take it. But if guilds start these sub-aliances in inter guild rivalries, we are going to have serious issues on defensive cooperation.

Also, if you can put your issues aside, there are several other spots in BS, in fact all are clan but the one you are disputing. You could leverage OPEC to help you take a neighboring spot, and then you'd have a friend instead of an enemy. Clan still holds a spot out in SFH and PM, both of which can't be supported over time.
    Last edited by Real Kinky Ityn; Dec 5th, 2002 at 17:07:55.

/me is waiting for the first clanner to post here

Krabbus - Member of OPEC

The towers is down and we have not any other high lvl places, but if Mayham still want's that area back we are willing to help..

Genaral Soldier Babylon5

W00t my guild is flamed on the forum (Nerver thought I'd see the day)

J/k but talking to the presiden/generals before going on the forums is my best advice. I wasn't there at the time of the raid or replacement of the tower, so I can't say anything about that. Anyway as hotsy said we'll talk about it amongst ourselves and see what we can learn from the situation.

Now I have to go and demolish a cd rack which I just built
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Damn you guys for being so nice and reasonable.. :/

I admit that when this thread was made there was a lot of angry talk going round guild chat. And this may have lead to some jumping to conclusions.

I think the main problem was a lack of communication between guilds. All I saw was that there were only 2 members of opec at the raid (I counted, don't say there were more, because there wasn't) and i'm sure you can understand how bad it would look to see that when we had not only brought a substantial amount of mayhem people to the raid, but also a large number from other guilds who were assisting us.

As for the comments about you trying to contact us on Aomniraids... that's news to me, we were all on dociceman's personal chat group, we'd been using it for over 2 hours since we started an attack in CAV, so that's why you got no response. We were all on another chat group.

I will however say in your defense, we had only scouted that tower ten minutes before we attacked, but forward planning doesnt always mean ownership.

Originally posted by Pris401
    I think the main problem was a lack of communication between guilds. All I saw was that there were only 2 members of opec at the raid (I counted, don't say there were more, because there wasn't) and i'm sure you can understand how bad it would look to see that when we had not only brought a substantial amount of mayhem people to the raid, but also a large number from other guilds who were assisting us.
    Good we all agree on the problem, I'm very sorry but I kept asking at aomniraids since someone said mayhem was going to put out a tower there - and didn't get any response so you know what I was thinking. Again I'm sorry.

Also have to mention that I also was there, a Level 163 Engineer in Slayer form (everyone ignores me when they see me as a slayer? hehe)

I will however say in your defense, we had only scouted that tower ten minutes before we attacked, but forward planning doesnt always mean ownership.
    No, but we wanted a fair deal, and a raffle would be nice - since noone answered we thought Mayhem ignored us. That's why we did what we did.

OPEC also scouted for this area some hours before the zone went to 25% (went to 25% zone at 11:13PM GMT) and we thought we had everything at our side until we heard that someone else was going to place a tower there. We also announced the coords to the spot in BS at AOmniraids bot (900x3400). We sure wasn't ninjatowering!

I'm happy that we are finnished with this issue, and I really hope you understand us Pris401. If you still want to talk with us, please contact one of our generals.

Krabbus - Member of OPEC
    Level 163 Engineer
    Last edited by Krabbus; Dec 5th, 2002 at 22:58:49.

Thumbs up The matter is settled.

I would first apologize to Mayhem and I hope that we can work together in the future.

There seems to have been a lot of misunderstandings in this case, and a lot of problems with comunications from both sides.

we have had a very good meeting with Mayhem, and I am glad that we were able to come to a mutual undersanding and agreement on this matter.

I look forward to working alongside the members in Mayhem in the future.
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

Angry

Apologize accepted.

I really hope we can avoid stuff like this in the future, couse stuff like this arent fun at all.

Atelast Omni had the area for a few hours :P
    Last edited by DocIceman; Dec 5th, 2002 at 23:06:54.

Well, there's a lot of people who thinks this should be dealt with internally, and they may be right. But still, it's important to get the problem adressed in the open so all can learn from this.

No matter who thought what, and why, it happened.
    That's bad enough, so if noone ever heard about it, other guilds might repeat the mistakes.
    ....forget about it...

Talking

Hey,this is what 5% zones are for...try to get some use from it.

smaller guilds

This is also important in other aspects of NW. There should be room for smaller guilds to take control of land in NW, not only the bigger guilds. Smaller guilds need help from allies and friends to capture land.

It is therefor very important that nobody "count people" to justify who places their tower where. You cannot tell who they are fighting with by counting..
    Fluffy "Pusen" Hairball

As if your killing of time doesnt injure eternity...

Haha what a bunch of bullcrap, arguing over land? what next? Isnt there enough to go around, I mean attacking your own side?

If any omni attack another omni they should be totally cleaned out for ever, your supposed TO HELP each other, not whine over land, jees people grow up.

Smile

I am wery happy that we still can be friends DocIceman
    The last thing we need is to fight between omniguild. Our guild have always tried to mantain high morale as well as been reasonable and polite.

We are a small guild mostly from Norway and we need help from our omnifriends to establish and keep landareas.

Many players have not got NW before all areas was taken (Europa and OPEC included) and are angry at FC because of this, but don't let that anger hit other players that are the same side.
    We will never attack other omni's for any reason.

PS: that retard from opec that was disabling the shield on one of Legion towers was me. I told the Legion guild that I made a mistake and told them I as sorry about it. My own action that was not meant to harm anyone as the tower was not attackable by omni's. I did not have any reason to do it other then to try out the device. I had just got NW and did not know much about how NW worked. (and still don't

I hope that clearify things and please not let these unfortunate insidents spoil our omni friendship..

Babylon 5, 174 Soldier, General OPEC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast