Thread: Limiting the number of attackers.

Limiting the number of attackers.

Could you limit the number of ppl that can attack your tower depending of the number your of ppl online in your guild. We cant just stay awake or make our daily schedule depending of when the tower will be PvP enabled. Even if we planed the timing, we could not be able to protect it correctly. Limiting the number of attackers depending on the number of the Controlled land Organisation would be nice. For example, lets say that Org A got 15 members online and guild B is gonna attack Org B. Since Org A number of members online is 15, the system make a 'Cap' of 30(maybe lower) for the controlled area. Right now its all about how big your guild is or how many ppl you can bring with you, no skills, no tactic just number.. Might as well call it Number War heh..

Bump

I made a post on behalf of the little people on this subject.... now if only i could remember where it was ;p

I agree. imagine a Org where 98% are american and 2% are european. Now factor into it that some players have to work in daylight hours for anything upto 12 hours (maybe more) a day, leaving a 4 hour window to play in

I think Orgs in months to come will be (if they need to) recruiting international playes to aid in covering the mine 24/7.....
    You know when you have been in the Shadowlands too long when you forget about Whompahs and the Grid and run everywhere

Bump, good ideas. Smaller orgs don't stand a chance of keeping Land at the moment. There is no way other orgs are going to be able to help out every time a larger org just wants to steamroller over you.
    Fixers were not put on this world to damage things, purely to run away from stuff.....

Skizzz - Omni Fixer

Recruiting for Alphastrike, send me a /tell

Recruitment Ad - Contact us here

Heh ofcourse you see this dont work...

I have my org with only me, myself and I. A lvl 200 finely honed PvP mastah or actually it could be any gimp...

In your suggestion I could only be attacked when I am online and even then, only 2 persons could attack my land? Good luck

Or how about we are a guild of 100 of which say 30 are now in. We learn that our towers (about 40 of them) are going to be under attack soon.

[Guild chat] EVERYONE SWITCH TO ALTS!

Blam, no members of that guild online

This way land would never switch owners.

Zarch and da chars
    Last edited by Zarch; Dec 5th, 2002 at 10:00:49.

bad bad bad idea!!! there is a reason why everybody can see when your tower is under attack in the All Towers channel, it would make killing a controller VERY VERY VERY hard, the guild that gets attack just log of and let other clans/omni do the defence since now only 2 ppl can attack controller at a time.
    =:Main Char:=

Kazax Meta-Physicist (Saint) Rk2

=:Alternative Chars:=

Ugtar Enforcer (Union Man) Rk2

Kazzax Enforcer (Worker) Rk1 (Retired)

Kickn1337 Martial Artist (Master 5th Dan) Rk2

Der finder kun 10 slags mennesker dem som forstår binær og dem som ikke gør!!!

Redman....there is an argument for both sides. it is possible for the system though to look at the total # of members in that org Vs. the attacking org and then decide what the "fairness" would be. Hell my Orgs towers got wasted last night by Apocolypse in SFH below the steps of Madess area due to the fact that they outnumbered us over 5 to 1...and now their towers are in our spot. Not very easy for a small org to defend themselves against such odds....yes this is NOTUM Wars and you should have to defend what you have against others BUT there has to be a limit somewhere.

Well this rule could be tweaked a bit with some work.. For example, the system could turn off some tower and reduce the tower HP depending on the number of attacker/defender.