Thread: Question

Question

I figured it would be easier (ha ha) to just post a question here and get answers from people NOT payed by Funcom.

Alright here it is?

I havn't put down a tower of my own yet but a few of my members believe something and I'd like to confirm it before I log one more hour.

This "land control" idea. Yeah, is it true that that's relly just BS?
    I mean uh... Rumor has it that you can't really TAKE land, just mess up peoples towers on it.

I mean like only clan can build in clan areas and Omni in omni areas?

I'm just wondering because if that's true then that kind of means that those we pay for this update are uh...

Liars.

I mean it was hard enough for me to swallow the giant AO chode of death when they wiggled it in my face with a tattoo on it that read, "No matter what, we won't let Omni win this war. It's all a farse, there's no war. You're fooling yourself if you think any of what you do matters. GIVE US 12 BUCKS BIOTCH."

But if that's true...

Dudes...

I mean i had alot of fun as Shak'. Being the head of a "big name" org for a while, working with such notable names as Meister, Kithrak, Dr Sheep, Utildai, Hwap, Epim,and Terent who busted their humps to built a believable *story*. We also worked with GMs and coordinators like Kiaela, Ivan, Ashed, Sephierath, and all those other "payed" professionals who couldn't give two craps.

And because of that fun, I'm still here and trying once again to revive that sense of importance that myself and my people once had.

But to find out that it was all in vain and that your deeds won't even be rememebred when you leave is just too much to bare.

Asheron is calling, so to speak.
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

1st this is the wrong forum

2nd you destroy the towers and then build your own towers on the land takeing control of it. The people who destroyed the towers get first dibs on the land.
    Clans, Omni and Neutrals can build anywhere. If your Clan you can build your tower in Omni Forest. I doubt you'd have it for long though.

no...

There are pre-designated areas for certain ql level towers but NONE that are assigned Clan, Neut or Omni.

You can attack and destroy a tower not of your faction during it's 25% gas time. During it's 5% gas time you can attack and destroy towers of the same side also.

You can immediately (if you destroyed it) replace an enemy controller with one of your own (provided it is of the right ql for that area).

The areas rotate between 100% gas, 25% and 5% on some basis that I don't fully understand...the cycle starts when you place the controller tower.

Yup, as long as you follow the rules for placing towers as regards quality level and the green "valid tower placement" patches, any faction can put their towers in any land control area.

Obviously, some areas are "smarter" to build on for some factions than others
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

(Answer received in less than 30 minutes)

I think that beats any /petition I ever made
    Cool.
    thanks.
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Well Shakkles, dont forget that the good people of ARK are not all paid. I certainly wouldnt want to be one of them. Having to put up with players crap all the time and getting nothing in return but a nice slap in the face. They should get paid more than me, but I dont think anyone makes as much money as me

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I don't remember telling you to call me Shakkles, clanner.

Mr. Ganes will be fine for now.
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Well then Mr. Ganes. I will show you respect in the hopes that you will do the same for me. I appologize for my informality.

Apology Accepted.

You do your organization credit with your professionality sir, and may this planet be kind to you.
    pres. Ted Shakkles Ganes
    -=Omni-AF=-

Mr. Ganes I am no longer with any organization. The CoA's actions have taken a turn in a direction I do not approve of. However I am aiding a friend in forming an interfactional nonagression pact that may eventually lead to a lasting peace so long as all involved parties conduct themselves accordingly.

And you may call me Ben.

*NOTE: You will never hear me refer to someone by their alignment, as that is very "unprofessional".