Thread: @ ((( Attack Pet Main Target Feature ))) @

@ ((( Attack Pet Main Target Feature ))) @

1. Attack Pet Main Target
    (I know that makes no sense but read very important. One of the biggest problems ANY PET CLASS has is that they cannot be the primary target in any fight or they will simply loose. We rely a great deal on our pets. The first and foremost rule to any Soldier "Your weapon is your life". I am a 126mp and with over 2k of Health and 3k of armor one (maybe 2) hits from any mob or any PVP player and I’m laying on the floor wondering what in the hell just happened.

***All I'm asking is to simply make Any Mob or PVP player have to target our Main Attack Pet and wipe him out before he can get through to the Caster***
    A Life With No Life Is No Life at All

Bump. Great idea

Agree with the concept. We may have to give up some of the HP the pets have. Otherwise, it may be unfair. But, I'm willing to do that to survive. Imagine being a level 145+, be title maxed on body development, 1K token board, and have 2800 HP. That's what MPs live with.

Thumbs down Typical MP

BAD IDEA. Why?

1) Other pet classes dont have this problem. They have taunt trimmers to ensure MOBS do attack the pet with a certain percentage to be broken. This doesnt work in PvP tho which might be an issue for FC to look into.

2) You should ask for nano to taunt opponent to attack pet instead post something like this since that would be something within concept of the pet class construction.

3) If you proposing a permanent loss of pet hp in PvP then let me remind u that this implies that you NEVER can do solo mission again which should be your pride as MP. Noone else than MP/NT and might Engineer/crat with luck can do ql 200+ mission with such ease as u do, i have seen this with my own eyes.

4) If you instead proposing temp loss of hp in PvP situation then i suspect FC will run into problem with coding, since there will be situaion that will mess up the code. For example mobs and pvp are mixed up which i have experienced in DAV. Se my pet go down to 5k hp due someone PvP attack would be devastating.

So, next time, think b4 post anything like this .

I agree with Ripley. In some cases the pet profs should be more similar. ok 2 cases that i can think of. Engieneer and crat have items or nanos to increase the aggro their pet can get from mobs. Crats have a nano and Engies have trimmers. MPs dont have a pet aggro nano nor item.

Crat and engies have an AR buff that last around 15 mins or so. MPs basicly got a lvl req Anima that now includes an AR buff, yes it is nice to be able to buy up to QL125 in terms though. As an MP i would have prefered the AR buff not be included with the Anima damage nano.

I would like to see the +to all damage from the Evocation line removed and increase the duration to match Engie/Crat Ar buff and call it good.

Imagine being a level 145+, be title maxed on body development, 1K token board, and have 2800 HP. That's what MPs live with.

1k Board +700
    QL200 Life Implants +880

Base HP 1220.

yeah right...

Even a level 75 Nanomage Meta will have more than 1200 base HP. I still remember that loser Nanostealth whining about having 900 HP at level 100.

If you choose not to wear +HP items and not max Stamina don't come crying here.

Armbreaker, do you think it's fair that if any other profession or mob has ot go through over 40k HP worth of meatshields before they can even attack you? Not to mention your little meatball healing 600-700 every 15 seconds.

This is one of the most absolute moronic ideas I have ever read on these forums.

We may have to give up some of the HP the pets have. Otherwise, it may be unfair.

Damn right you would have to give up some of the pet's HP.
    Take your little demon from 30k HP down to 3k and belamorte down from 10k to 1k.
    That would still give you a HP advantage over most professions.

It would also mean your pets could potentially die in 5-6 hits.
    That sounds about balanced with other professions.

Does that sound "fair"?
    Keep your signature to an absolute maximum of 8-10 lines, normal text size, and don’t overdo the colors and smileys. This is to prevent signatures from taking the focus away from the posts / threads. Extreme signatures will be deleted.

split the differance

***All I'm asking is to simply make Any Mob or PVP player have to target our Main Attack Pet and wipe him out before he can get through to the Caster***
    This is a bad idea for all the resons stated by Miir.
    But this:

2) You should ask for nano to taunt opponent to attack pet instead post something like this since that would be something within concept of the pet class construction.
    Gives me an idea

Make a nano that would cause opponent to target the pet. Make it pulse once every few seconds. Maybe a roll against perseption.

• This would make little difference in PvM as the mobs are dumb enough to shoot at the pet once in a while anyways, and would just retarget the owner if the AI thought it was the better thing to do.
    • Hell, it wouldn't do more than annoy your opponent in 1 on 1 PvP. Maybe save you from one or two shots if someone wasn't paying attention. (maybe that would make the difference)
    • But OH MAN it would cause mass chaos in mass PvP! Send out the decoy bot and watch the mess it causes!
      Might work well in dynacamps too.

The only real problem is that I'm not sure it could be coded as I think the client tells the server what's targeted and not the other way around........ I don't know
    ===============================
    I like this game `cause my Avatar kinda looks like me....